Somebody should have put that bitch down (Bellingham)
11-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Somebody should have put that bitch down (Bellingham)
Although, I guess Sean's method worked well enough and was pretty funny.

I mean, I was screaming occasionaly between songs, but during songs? Not cool during a song like Pike St./Park Slope.

At least there wasn't a group of drunkards yelling "Flagpole Sitta" the entire concert like at Bumbershoot.

Good show!
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2005, 07:38 PM

Set list for the Bellingham show last night:

Sad Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Carlotta Valdez
Meetings With Remarkable Men (Show Me the Hero)
Humility on Parade
Incommunicado
In My Head [Queens of the Stone Age cover]
Wine, Women, and Song
Happiness Writes White
Little Round Mirrors
Terminal Annex
Old Hat
Authenticity
Picture, Picture
Cream and Bastards Rise
Flagpole Sitta
------encore-----------
Pike St/Park Slope
Wrecking Ball
Radio Silence

The show last night was fun for the most part. The crowd got really rowdy and unruly at some points. I nearly got crushed against the barricade at times. Some stupid assholes almost ruined what was otherwise a very good show. During Pike St/Park Slope some drunk chick kept screeming about Napoleon Dynamite, totally killing the mood. Though there was this dude like right behind me who was singing along to it with Sean, and actually sounding pretty good. It was also annoying how some girl kept yelling out a request for Private Helicopter, even though they said they could not play it. Some highlights were Mindy Huffman providing the female vocal part on Incommunicado, hearing the rarely played Humility on Parade, an awesome rocking Picture, Picture, and the crowd singing along to Flagpole Sitta. Also, Jacob Hoffman provided some great backing vocals on Picture, Picture and Flagpole, and of course the stellar French horn on HWW and LRM. Jetlag Palm the local opening act was ok, but nothing great. Tennis Pro was awesome as they always are. I swear that one of these days I will purchase one or both of their albums. Of course Smoosh was fantastic. Them kids got skillz yo.

Pray to the God that you don't quite believe in
To bless this fleeting moment
Yeah, YEAH, YEAH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-20-2005, 08:41 PM

*is intensely jealous* i was all set to go until yesterday morning when my mom decided that seeing harry potter at midnight on thursday, and seeing U.S.E. on friday night were plenty enough fun for me. she said something about sleeping and um....being sick, or something like that. for my part, a little exhaustion and illness never stopped me before. but anyway. i'm especially jealous of all the kids who graduated last year and went to western and were at the U.S.E. show on friday and were talking about how they were going to go, but didn't really want to and that they only wanted to see smoosh or some b.s. like that. anyway, rant over.
love,
ona
11-20-2005, 08:42 PM

The Remarkable Man Wrote:In My Head [Queens of the Stone Age cover]
This is awesome. Talk more about this.
11-20-2005, 09:16 PM

dchris Wrote:

Yes! Let's do, thats an awesome band/song how was it?

Gun don't kill babies, babies kill babies.
11-20-2005, 09:38 PM

i agree with all of this, especially the parts that are bolded. i do appreciate sean's realizing that a performance of "picture, picture" would please me :-)

The Remarkable Man Wrote:The show last night was fun for the most part. The crowd got really rowdy and unruly at some points. I nearly got crushed against the barricade at times. Some stupid assholes almost ruined what was otherwise a very good show. During Pike St/Park Slope some drunk chick kept screeming about Napoleon Dynamite, totally killing the mood. Though there was this dude like right behind me who was singing along to it with Sean, and actually sounding pretty good. It was also annoying how some girl kept yelling out a request for Private Helicopter, even though they said they could not play it. Some highlights were Mindy Huffman providing the female vocal part on Incommunicado, hearing the rarely played Humility on Parade, an awesome rocking Picture, Picture, and the crowd singing along to Flagpole Sitta. Also, Jacob Hoffman provided some great backing vocals on Picture, Picture and Flagpole, and of course the stellar French horn on HWW and LRM. Jetlag Palm the local opening act was ok, but nothing great. Tennis Pro was awesome as they always are. Of course Smoosh was fantastic. Them kids got skillz yo.
Find all posts by this user
11-21-2005, 07:30 PM

Yes, the crowd was definitely weird. It felt like some sort of bizarre highschool show or something. I missed most of the opening bands, but did catch the Swoosh girls, who were pretty talented. Their average age matched the average age in terms maturity of the audience, so it blended well.

I scammed a set list from one of the stage helper people. Mine has a second encore with Centralia and something called CA Plane. I asked Sean about it afterward... they didn't get to it because the audience was being dumb I think. Sean said CA Plane is some punk song or something that he was going to sing in French, if I recall correctly. Plus he cracked my Cream and Bastards single cd case when he signed my set list. :-) Nice!

Oh. And, what's with this Viking Union business? I saw many people wondering around with this bizarre viking helmet on. The campus is very strange. Especially the parking. Didn't get lost at all, despite the crazy fog.
11-21-2005, 07:53 PM

I think that song is "Ca Plane Pour Moi," by Plastic Bertrand. I would fucking LOVE to hear HD cover that.
11-21-2005, 07:57 PM

Prophet Wrote:I think that song is "Ca Plane Pour Moi," by Plastic Bertrand. I would fucking LOVE to hear HD cover that.

me TOO!!! JEEZ, they really really need to do that live sometime. REALLY.
11-22-2005, 02:55 PM

I know the band hasn't played Private Helicopter for a while now, but I don't know the actual reason.
11-22-2005, 08:10 PM

chelsea Wrote:
Prophet Wrote:I think that song is "Ca Plane Pour Moi," by Plastic Bertrand. I would fucking LOVE to hear HD cover that.

me TOO!!! JEEZ, they really really need to do that live sometime. REALLY.

We'll play it the next couple shows. At least for me, it currently owns "most fun" status.
11-22-2005, 09:02 PM

Man, record it at the next show. It's got to be heard.

This reminds me: Has anyone else been noticing an influx in big multiple-CD live albums lately? You've got that big Cream reunion show at Albert Hall from last month. Wilco just put out Kicking Television, and on the same day as Green Day's Bullet in a Bible. Alicia Keys released her "Unplugged" sessions last month, and radio recordings from The Flaming Lips came just a week or so ago. There was a retrospective on the live performances of Yes in mid-October. Even the Queens of the Stone Age will be releasing one soon. Not to mention John Mayer's recent Blues-Jazz trio reinvention.

So... When's Harvey Danger going to get their shit together and release a big two-disc concert album? It would satiate those of us who don't live in the Pacific Northwest, and are tired of feeding on bootlegs and less-than-optimal recordings like "Jack the Lion" on the Christmas EP (I love the rendition, but it's just too crunchy and overwhelmed by crowd noise). Given the quality of HD's shows, I could see it even approaching the greatness of Stop Making Sense.
11-22-2005, 09:04 PM

there have been big cameras hanging around at recent shows. i think we should pray for a dvd. seeing is even better.
11-23-2005, 01:17 AM

dchris Wrote:

Why talk about it when it can speak for itself?

Pray to the God that you don't quite believe in
To bless this fleeting moment
Yeah, YEAH, YEAH!
11-23-2005, 02:04 AM

philistien Wrote:there have been big cameras hanging around at recent shows. i think we should pray for a dvd. seeing is even better.

I don't know about a full-on DVD. A few videos on a CD maybe. Or a DVD like the Unreleased Stuff CD. Would be very cool, though.

I ain't afraid of no rolly-coaster.