the flagpole sitta story?
11-12-2005, 04:19 AM
the flagpole sitta story?
okay, im new, and curious. . . . . .

i heard about Harvey Danger when i was trying to find out about the song - 'im not sick but im not well' by lit. i discovered that it was a cover of flagpole sitta, and that it was written by HD. thats cool, (cos i just downloaded the new album, and im liking Smile ) but as far as i can tell, there isnt a discography on the site, and i really wanna here the original. can anyone help me out?!

cheers!!

ps. is anyone else on here from the UK?
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2005, 07:06 AM

Flagpole Sitta is from the Album where have all the Merrymakers gone, you can buy it at amazon.com

I think, therfore I am a communist
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2005, 07:43 AM

As far as we're aware Lit never actually covered it... see http://www.harveydanger.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=766 for more details. It's a pretty commonly mislabelled song, much to the board's collective disappointment, or closet elitist joy depending on how you look at it.

If you're after a discography then check out the "Encyclopedia" section on ishmael's site Hardly Dangerous.

I'm British. Very much so. In fact almost irritatingly so. I'm actually drinking tea right now. There's a few other about as well...

Love Potato
11-12-2005, 09:38 AM

For the record, "Flagpole" has never been covered by anyone. What you heard was us playing our song. If someone told you it was Green Day or Lit or anyone else, or if they told you it had any other title than "Flagpole Sitta", they were misinformed. There is only one version in existence and it is the one we played. Please, all of you, take this information and tell it to the world.
Also, If you want the whole story of everything, visit http://www.myspace.com/hdanger, which has a complete bio of the band.
Flagpole appeared on our first album and on a UK-only CD single, which was released in 1998.
Find all posts by this user
11-12-2005, 09:48 AM

Actually Aaron, it was covered by some shitty punk band. I used to have the file but I deleted it because it was (as I said above) shitty.
11-12-2005, 09:50 AM

I never want to hear the band names "lit" or "Green Day" on this message board ever again...

Gun don't kill babies, babies kill babies.
11-12-2005, 11:03 AM

Lit! Greenday!

I was inverted, I mean converted. I mean I don't understand.
11-12-2005, 12:24 PM

I been looking for the rare HD Ziploc single a real long time, can someone burn it for me.
11-12-2005, 12:53 PM

???

the meanest grandfather lives the longest.
11-12-2005, 02:15 PM

johnnyfootballhero Wrote:I been looking for the rare HD Ziploc single a real long time, can someone burn it for me.

What about "My Own Worst Enemy"? Harvey Danger did that one too, right? Tongue

HD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lit

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
11-12-2005, 04:25 PM

Aaron Wrote:For the record, "Flagpole" has never been covered by anyone.

Weeeellllll, maybe not in it's entirety, but who can forget the amazing treatment by one Weird Al Yankovich on the superb 1999 album "Running With Scissors"?

(There's a clip on the amazon site)
11-12-2005, 04:48 PM

Wasn't it Catch 22 that covered Flagpole? I used to have a file of it on my old computer, but that was a long time ago.

Pray to the God that you don't quite believe in
To bless this fleeting moment
Yeah, YEAH, YEAH!
11-12-2005, 05:41 PM

Dude, 95% of the Green Day mentions on this board have been from you, LoserWire. Why the change of heart grenades?
11-12-2005, 05:50 PM

I think it was Catch 22 but I can't be sure
11-12-2005, 06:45 PM

Hawkwing Wrote:
Aaron Wrote:For the record, "Flagpole" has never been covered by anyone.

Weeeellllll, maybe not in it's entirety, but who can forget the amazing treatment by one Weird Al Yankovich on the superb 1999 album "Running With Scissors"?

(There's a clip on the amazon site)

I <3 Polka Power!

in fact, that song is how i found out that HD did Flagpole.

the meanest grandfather lives the longest.