Bootlegs...
04-22-2006, 03:08 PM

I might have a bootleg that others don't. I looked for it, specificly, withen the thread, and didn't see it. It's pretty solid recording, if only because there wasn't much of a crowd there. :-(

I should note: this ISN'T my recording, and it ISN'T my site.

The Christmas Show

Edit: This is my site, which I've converted into a Harvey Danger christmas show bootleg hub. It contains almost all the show... not all of it, because I'm not willing to go all the way (give my all, put forth 100%, etc.) for the peoples. Also, Googlepages doesn't give any indication on how much they're willing to download to the peoples per hour/day, so this'll be a fun test.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2006, 03:59 PM

That looks like my recording, though not my site. I think most people here have it though.

Pray to the God that you don't quite believe in
To bless this fleeting moment
Yeah, YEAH, YEAH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2006, 04:04 PM

Yeah. I spotted it just a little bit ago on another thread. Oh, well. Either way, it's there. And it's on this thread in such a manner that I can find it.
06-15-2006, 10:32 PM

On the topic of bootlegs, does anybody have a copy of the 10th anniversary reunion show they played at the Crocodile Cafe? The backup disk I put it on back then got all scratched up.

If I had conjured this as a fiction
I would be scared I'd gone too far
08-13-2006, 01:15 PM

Harvey Danger
Live At Spaceland
Los Angeles, CA
August 12th, 2006
Sony ECM-DS70P>Sharp MD-MT15>192kbpsMP3
1. The Same As Being In Love
2. Problems And Bigger Ones
3. Pity And Fear
4. Cool James
5. Authentic
6. Sad Sweetheart Of The Rodeo
7. Pike St. / Park Slope
8. Private Helicopter
9. Radio Silence
First track fades in...battery died, wiping out first half of set (including brilliant version of Bowie's Oh!, You Pretty Things).....sorry
Released with permission (the drummer anyway :winkSmile
NOT FOR SALE!!!!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OHK9DAD5
08-13-2006, 03:39 PM

Thanks!!!
08-13-2006, 04:09 PM

Cool! But any chance you could upload a lossless version?

My LBL bonus disc is Ethiopian.
[Image: Savetheday.gif]
08-16-2006, 12:50 PM

innerturmoil Wrote:Harvey Danger
Live At Spaceland
Los Angeles, CA
August 12th, 2006
Sony ECM-DS70P>Sharp MD-MT15>192kbpsMP3
1. The Same As Being In Love
2. Problems And Bigger Ones
3. Pity And Fear
4. Cool James
5. Authentic
6. Sad Sweetheart Of The Rodeo
7. Pike St. / Park Slope
8. Private Helicopter
9. Radio Silence
First track fades in...battery died, wiping out first half of set (including brilliant version of Bowie's Oh!, You Pretty Things).....sorry
Released with permission (the drummer anyway :winkSmile
NOT FOR SALE!!!!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OHK9DAD5

Nice. Where did you put the microphone? The drum sound in particular sounds really good.

Does HD ever allow any type of soundboard recording?
08-16-2006, 05:20 PM

I can't believe they played the same as being in love Smile
Does anyone know what book or poem Sean Nelson read from at the end of the song? Or was it his original stuff?
08-16-2006, 07:27 PM

corkster Wrote:I can't believe they played the same as being in love Smile
Does anyone know what book or poem Sean Nelson read from at the end of the song? Or was it his original stuff?

at the seattle show earlier this month, he took the white album by joan didion on stage with him but did not read from it.

"i think i like you better when you just ignore me"
10-06-2006, 12:28 AM

I found out where it came from! He got most of it correct, impressive memorisation skills. Big Grin
Read on:

The Designated Mourner is a play written by Wallace Shawn in 1996, which was adapted into a film directed by David Hare in 1997.

"The idea of the self was obsessing me now. ...The self. The self. What was the self?... I suddenly understood it, very very clearly -- and the clarity made me queasy...I [suddenly] understood that my self was just a pile of bric-a-brac -- just everything my life had quite by chance piled up....and saved, a heap of nothing, a heap of nothing which had somehow been compressed into a sort of form and had somehow succeeded in coming alive, and which [now] quite ridiculously now sort of demanded tribute, declared itself great. And the amazing thing was that I’d gone along with it. We all had! ... each apparently obsessed by a single question to the exclusion of [all others]: what will happen to this self which is mine? Will “I” achieve magnificence and success?? Will “I” be admired? Will my marvelous self express itself? How idiotic! And how boring. How boring, how boring, how boring, how boring....
And as I thought all this, I felt I saw standing ... in the fading light that very creature, ... the unpleasant little self [that is mine], and sort of pulled it by the arm in the fading light, and I spun it around toward me. And then I threw it on its back and kicked it smartly in [its] face, and then I sat on [its chest], grabbed its neck, and choked it and strangled it and bashed its skull against the floor until it stopped [hollering], [screaming].. gasped, and was gone.
And what a fucking relief it was."
-- Wallace Shawn, The Designated Mourner
10-06-2006, 09:14 AM

I saw that movie, it was awesome.
10-06-2006, 11:14 AM

TRM, do you still have the cover of New Girl? I would love to hear it... Thanks ahead of time...

Franky
10-06-2006, 11:25 AM

franky1029 Wrote:TRM, do you still have the cover of New Girl? I would love to hear it... Thanks ahead of time...

Franky

i may listen to WHATMG, but i still have all my bsides. seriously, mods, do one of you want to help me get my account back up? i miss it. a lot.

http://download.yousendit.com/00A1F3792B4D0C26
10-13-2006, 11:59 AM

I just found this thread. Delicious, delicious bootlegs. *downloads FURIOUSLY*