Attention New Listeners! :)
09-29-2005, 11:20 PM
Attention New Listeners! :)
Since this bittorrent thing seems to be getting a lot of new folk's attention, I thought it'd be good to share a bit of info and resources.

Harvey Danger 101

Part I: Albums
Little by Little... is HD's third album! This album was released on Sept. 13 this year- If you BUY it (the actual hard-copy) you get a swanky bonus CD! (And if you like, you can order a t-shirt and other nifty extras). A week later (the 20th) it was available on bittorrent and a week after that (the 27th) it was available for direct download on the website.
The second was King James Version, released in 2000 (5 years and 1 day before LBL)
Their first was Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone? released in '97.
Don't ask which is best, everyone has their own opinon. Tongue
Unfortunately, KJV is apparently out of print, so it's really hard to find a copy.
-- If you're desperate, you can apparently buy the songs online at yahoo music (and possibly other places) --

Part II: Flagpole Sitta
This song was from their first album and was a seriously big hit single in '98. It has been mistakenly referred to as "Paranoia, Paranoia" or "the paranoia song" or various other inaccurate titles.

Part III: The Band
Sean - vocals
Jeff - guitar, piano, etc
Aaron - bass
Mike - drums
(Evan - former drummer)

Part IV: Extras
There are a lot of non-album tracks and live recordings floating around the internet. Surf the board a bit to find yousendit.com links or go to my site
Hardly Dangerous for downloads (and videos). I don't (and probably won't) post album tracks, mostly 'cause I think you should buy the album. I also won't be posting the bonus CD tracks for LBL (at least not until it seems appropriate...). You can also find lyrics there (in the Encyclopedia section).
You can also find a lot of information if you search for "Harvey Danger" at wikipedia.com. Smile

Part V: The Board
If you guesties register, we can be friends! Big Grin
(But, of course, you're always welcome either way)

I know it's pretty basic, but am I missing anything seriously important here? Smile

Edit: added part v, added yahoo music link

Hardly Dangerous
My Photos
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2005, 06:45 AM

good post! methinks it should be a sticky...
09-30-2005, 12:03 PM

Just about anything you guys want to know about the band, the new album, the old albums, or anything else can be found somewhere in the forums. They are [Image: icon_mini_search.gif]searchable! Please give a quick look at search results before you ask a question, though nobody will bite your head off for asking anyway. You might find something helpful or fun if you look.

If I had conjured this as a fiction
I would be scared I'd gone too far
Find all posts by this user
10-01-2005, 09:44 PM
YES GREAT IDEA
I had never listened to your music or visited your site.. but now I have.. and I must say I like it.. excellent idea.. and excellent work releasing as a torrent.
10-02-2005, 11:07 PM

For some reason, whenever I try to download any of the songs in the Hardly Dangerous download section, the download starts, and then I only get about two seconds of song. This happen to anyone else?

~ScaryMonkeyShow
"I'm gonna sing the DOOM song now!"
10-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Thank you.
This is a brave act. This is a good album. Thank you for your courage. I'm going to buy the CD.

More indie music from a pretty damn good musician for free download is available at http://www.richiehass.com/.

One day this will be standard operating procedure instead of an oddity. Of course, that will be when the big record labels and the RIAA cartel rolls over and plays dead... Sad
10-03-2005, 03:13 AM

ScaryMonkeyShow Wrote:For some reason, whenever I try to download any of the songs in the Hardly Dangerous download section, the download starts, and then I only get about two seconds of song. This happen to anyone else?

Actually yes, it happened to me with the videos that Ishmael recently added (although never before). Just open the file instead of saving it, let it play and then save it using whatever program you opened it in.

Worked for me.

Oh btw - thanks very much for hosting the vids Ishmael :-)

Stories of rags to riches leave me in stitches...
Find all posts by this user
10-03-2005, 09:01 AM

sass Wrote:Oh btw - thanks very much for hosting the vids Ishmael :-)

You're welcome! I might have to take 'em down next week, depends how many people keep downloading them. I won't take 'em all down, but I'll rotate 'em or something.. if that's still a problem, then I'll have to think of another way to limit the downloading. (Hopefully people are SAVING them for themselves, like you described, rather than just going to my site whenever they feel like watching it... which isn't really bad or anything, it just uses a lot of bandwidth that way, especially if they do it a lot.)

I have no idea why there are downloading problems like you described... wish I did. I'll try and look into it.

Hardly Dangerous
My Photos
10-03-2005, 10:21 AM

It's been happening to me as well, and some guy emailed me and LSJ about it. Whenever I get angry with it it works though. Dunno what that's all about...

Love Potato
10-03-2005, 10:54 AM

I wonder why no one e-mailed ME about it? Tongue

Hardly Dangerous
My Photos
10-03-2005, 10:58 AM

Well I didn't because I've been busy leaving my job, so I sorta forgot. That and I'm a jerk. LoveSickJerk, he's a jerk too.

As for the other guy, well I imagine he saw "editors" on the contact and figured that we were important, rather than just your lowly pedia editorial bitches...

Love Potato
10-03-2005, 11:40 AM

Oh yes, I should probably fix that. At least, move my info to the top... Tongue

Hardly Dangerous
My Photos
10-03-2005, 08:03 PM

Farked AND Slashdotted. Here comes the flood! Smile Great job, and great idea!
10-04-2005, 01:53 AM
i am listening and thinking
hi!
i am from Italy, i've read this article in an online news site.

it's not an unique experience, but i think you've done all the work very well, better than others!

bittorrent... vbr lame 3.90.3 alt preset extreme ... wow! Big Grin

good website, perfect use of the internet ... you're really 21st century people Smile

and ... speaking about music, i think there is people out there that the world will not ear / listen at all... when you're broadcasting your art.

Maybe you won't get rich... but your music will survive... and as a musician i think this is very important.

... if every free-downloader sends 1 dollar with paypal , probably you get more money than some other collegues that are totally unknown.

Good luck! bye!!! 8)
10-05-2005, 04:26 AM
Re: i am listening and thinking
jfx[ita] Wrote:bittorrent... vbr lame 3.90.3 alt preset extreme ... wow! Big Grin

good website, perfect use of the internet ... you're really 21st century people Smile

It looks like HD tickled this guy's geek bone.