Harvey Danger on VH1 Yesterday
08-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Harvey Danger on VH1 Yesterday
Harvey Danger was featured in a little blip of a video montage that included bands that may still be able to escape one hit wonderdom... let's hope that this is true... I would love to see a new Harvey Danger hit so I could rub it in all of my Top 40 listening friends' faces who have given me hell for all these years for holding onto a band that was both 'dead' and a 'one-hit wonder'... it makes me sad to think of the heckeling... but it brings hope in my heart that one day we might yet again year Harvey Danger on the radio...

Of course they've been gone for so long that they would probably still be known as 'up and coming'... but oh well... at least we know the truth...

Fashion is the art of brainwashing the proud
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2005, 08:49 AM

Remember, for seven years Weezer was a one-hit wonder novelty band who were remembered only by a catchy hit single and thick black glasses.

Then they started to suck, but we'll leave that part aside.

Twice you burned your life's work.
Once to start a new life, and once just to start a fire.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2005, 10:06 AM

Caroline Wrote:Remember, for seven years Weezer was a one-hit wonder novelty band who were remembered only by a catchy hit single and thick black glasses.

God, weren't those the good old days?

The Annotated King James Version
08-19-2005, 12:28 PM

Si, but they are selling more albums than ever now... and you've gotta admit that any band that can get a video recorded at the playboy mansion :wink:

08-19-2005, 12:31 PM

DizzoMonkey Wrote:any band that can get a video recorded at the playboy mansion has something that you've just gotta admire
Uh, no, I really don't.

And sales do not at equate with artistic merit. Look at, say, the Spice Girls vs. Harvey Danger.

08-19-2005, 01:56 PM

where's your girl power H8R Spice?
08-19-2005, 06:11 PM

*shudders*

Never let pain stop you from doing something you want. . . Never let pride stop you from doing something you should.
08-19-2005, 06:27 PM

ok, the annoying thing will be when everyone thinks they were "original" harvey danger fans because they knew that "one song" that goes "paranoid, parananoid"....

i mean, yeah that song STARTED me... but you gotta start somewhere.. but now i have their cds and have been waiting for a "re-vival"... but now there really is one (even when i felt there never would be one)... and now with the site looking spiffy, i only hope they get the attention they deserve (and that the music lives up the the anticipation we've been putting on them... cause it's bad when u start to rub in other ppl's faces that "ooh look the band you thought died, didn't"... but then the new cd isn't very good... but i have faith in them)...

also, im not hoping for attention so they can go pop and sell millions, but that they get attention so that they can stay a band... im a musician too and if i got "discovered" i would be happy because they can i get paid to do what i love doing. even if they turn "sell-out" as long as the sound is there, i'll still buy their cds and listen to them. "sell-out" to me is when you sacrafice for sound, not getting paid to do what you WANT.

-boojitsu
08-19-2005, 06:35 PM

boojitsu Wrote:ok, the annoying thing will be when everyone thinks they were "original" harvey danger fans because they knew that "one song" that goes "paranoid, parananoid"....
I feel like a freak. I'd never even heard "Flagpole Sitta" when I got into HD. I don't know how I missed the supposed radio saturation (I knew *of* the song, at least), but my first exposure to the band was when I downloaded "Problems and Bigger Ones" in 2002.

08-20-2005, 12:37 AM

Aziraphale Wrote:Look at, say, the Spice Girls vs. Harvey Danger.

Ha, you know what I thought of the first time I read that? Celebrity Deathmatch.

Never let pain stop you from doing something you want. . . Never let pride stop you from doing something you should.
08-20-2005, 08:59 AM

Yeah, but didn't the Spice Girls already fight Hanson? Oh well... Harvey Danger would still kick thier asses all over that fucking ring...

08-20-2005, 06:36 PM

Aziraphale Wrote:
DizzoMonkey Wrote:any band that can get a video recorded at the playboy mansion has something that you've just gotta admire
Uh, no, I really don't.

And sales do not at equate with artistic merit. Look at, say, the Spice Girls vs. Harvey Danger.

Aziraphale my dear friend- you cannot stick artistic merit between two pieces of bread and eat it.

i'm with you Dizzy, even though i hate weezer

L,
Sean

Even Paul Newman shriveled up into an old man and turned to dust
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-20-2005, 07:13 PM

I love Weezer. But I don't dig much on the new album, though. Outside of that I love everything they've done
08-21-2005, 08:37 AM

Deuce, buddy, do us all a favor and get an account man... it helps out the band emensely by allowing them to keep track of just how many life servants they actually have :wink:

08-21-2005, 09:38 AM

He's working on it.

I ain't afraid of no rolly-coaster.