Elasticity
"Flame on"!
Invisibility
[Show Results]

Comic Books & Related Movies
11-08-2004, 09:19 AM
Comic Books & Related Movies
DC FANS REPRESENT!!!

Just wanted to make a thread so, that it doesn't spill into other threads...

Rich "You know you ALL wanna be just like The Flash" V.

'Cause I get...Oh,
[Image: 5182420330_6ab566d70a_m.jpg]
Carlotta Valdez, Carlotta Valdez, Carlotta Valdez, I will make you her...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Subtopic
Did you folks see the new Pixar movie, "The Incredibles"?

Best Pixar movie ever.

"Take a shot everytime someone runs in terror."
11-08-2004, 09:30 AM

I was GOING to see it, but I got outvoted by my own flesh and blood...

On the up side, we got to see "Alien vs. Predator"
at the $1.50 theater...

New realease for you and 3 kids $32

$23 for a movie for you, the 3kids, including popcorn, candy, and soda?
Priceless...

'Cause I get...Oh,
11-08-2004, 09:39 AM

Okay so I was replying in the thrilling conversations and felt bad so I came over here and would you believe it there's already a thread waiting for me.

Yes, anyway. Batman better than Spider-man because he's more messed up (and everything that comes with it) and his bad guys were so much better. The Joker is inh my opinion by far the best super villian ever. Spider-man only possibly better than Batman because he maintains a better lone superhero front. Sure he works with people but he never sunk to having sidekick who just sucked so hard. So Robin counts against Batman.

Regardless of all of this Adam West played Batman so Batman wins. Right. Must go, typing up a Psychotherapy Journal Article.

Love Potato
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2004, 09:55 AM

Spawn is cool for that whole "meesed up" thing.

Maybe Spawn is like uber Batman. Which, maybe, isn't always good. But it's cool.
11-08-2004, 10:14 AM

Nightwing is DC's apology for Robin...

Hmmmmm...

Does Nightwing have a cooler costume than The Batman?

'Cause I get...Oh,
11-08-2004, 10:21 AM

Batman is cool as hell, but Superman's just lame. It's hard to feel like a badass if you're immune to damage from everything except some random (supposedly) hard to find chunk of your home planet.

I guess it's evened out by the fact that apparently the entirity of Krypton managed to land on earth just to piss off Superman and ultimately help out all his enemies.

Spiderman still kicks more ass though. He's Marvel's version of Batman with slightly less emphasis on purely human capabilities. At least that means he can have more variety in bad guys (its hard to make that statement since Batman villans are typically pretty good).

I ain't afraid of no rolly-coaster.
11-08-2004, 10:33 AM

I'll bet that these 4 JLA members

Plastic Man
Aquaman
Batman
Green Arrow

(I even left out the 3 strongest, Supes, Wonder Woman, and GL)

could wipe out the Fantastic 4

Although it was already settled, I still believe that GL is stronger than Silver Surfer...
11-08-2004, 11:07 AM

I wanna rewrite a darker Superman where he's actually adicted to Kryptonite. It still makes him weaker, but it's a feeling of euphoria akin to heroin. He's be flying arround picking up buildings trying to get his "fix".

Thar'd be a crazy comic, or should I say, dramic!?
11-08-2004, 11:30 AM

They kinda touched on that in last season's "Smallville"
Clark used red kryptonite on himself to bury the self imposed guilt he felt over his mothers miscarriage...

Who wants to talk to fish?
11-08-2004, 12:22 PM

i do, and you should too, being a pirate and all. those fish have all the pirate secrets and I'll bet they can tell you where to find some nice pirate booty too.
11-08-2004, 12:34 PM

Arrr... That's a mighty fine point.
11-08-2004, 01:18 PM

Thaske Wrote:Spiderman still kicks more ass though. He's Marvel's version of Batman with slightly less emphasis on purely human capabilities.

I absolutely do not agree with you. Spider-Man is not "Marvel's version of Batman". The only straight up comparison between the two are that people die when they're kids. They're completely different takes on crime solving, and on superheros in general. They have completely different outlooks, backgrounds and don't answer eachother questions on justice. Daredevil is Marvel's Batman (especially if you take Frank Miller's origin, and you should), in tons of more ways than Spider-Man ever will or could be. Spider-Man ushered in a new age of comics that kept us grounded with human stories about superhuman people. What always got me was DC's Iconic figures (Supes, Bats and WW) all felt too distanced, too supreme, whereas Marvel always got the humanity right, its when they diverge from that they start to suffer (secret wars, clone saga, the punisher etc...) But then comics like Watchmen and Kingdom Come and the Ultimate line come along and remind us about that "human" in the word "superhuman". Basically, I split my time in the medium I love, and that's why I saw the Incredibles. And that movie kicked ass.

Visit me or don't.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2004, 01:42 PM

Lucy Wrote:fish have all the pirate secrets and I'll bet they can tell you where to find some nice pirate booty too.

Most pirates I consort with, find their "pirate booty" at pirate singles bars...
11-08-2004, 01:45 PM

but how many of the pirates you consort with can talk to fish?