Weird dreams
07-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Weird dreams
Had one lately? Share, damn you!

Here's mine: I dreamt I was at a prep school, applying for a job. The headmaster gave me a tour of the place, but would disappear every time she turned a corner and moved out of my sight. This happened like 6 times. Eventually we made it to the gym for an assembly. There I somehow find my friends (although it's an elementary school and I'm 21) and we wait for the thing to start. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a big dude and his entourage passing out presents like Santa Claus. As he makes his way toward me, I see that it's Suge Knight with his crew and main bodyguard, who happens to be Marcellus Wallace (Ving Rhames). After a short speech mentioning how glad he is to be out of jail, Suge dismisses the children and walks out with his posse. Confused, I walk out of the gym and look for my friends, who I've now lost.

In the hallway, a little girl stops me and starts reading my palm, with half the school gathering behind her to watch. While she tells me how long I'm going to live and so on, members of my family emerge from the mob behind the girl and walk right past me. I get up and go out the door my family emerged from, leaving the kids behind, but they're nowhere to be found and it is pitch black outside, with the exception of a few parking lot lights. I see my friend waiting in his car, but before I can say anything, three French soldiers step out of the same door I came out of and start searching. I hide underneath a car, where they eventually find me and start firing. It takes me a minute to realize they're only shooting bibis. I get up again and run toward them, overtaking one soldier and stealing his gun. I then chase them around the parking lot while they yell "Sheet! Sheet! Out of ammo, sheet!" When they run off, I go back to my friend in his car, where he is casually reading a newspaper. I knock on his window, and he rolls it down and asks "Are you ready?" Then I wake up.

At least I think I did.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2005, 10:51 AM

Don't you feel that sometimes dreams evoke more emotion than real life. I tend to feel much more in my dreams than real life.
Find all posts by this user
07-13-2005, 11:06 AM

Possibly. There's no filtering involved. Of course that can be good or bad, depending on the situation. In your head, no filtering can be fun. Outside of it, some filtering may be necessary. Some people just go overboard and repress every urge, voluntarily or not. I'm guessing those people are the ones who have the craziest dreams. They dream about all the weird stuff they don't allow themselves to think about, making the shock even more...um...shocking.
07-13-2005, 11:14 AM

I like how those French soldiers spoke with spanish accents when I read your description of the dream. The description, by the way, is quite well detailed, or at least, a lot happened.

I haven't been sleeping well due to the horrible heat we've been having, so the dreaming has stopped.

Visit me or don't.
07-13-2005, 11:24 AM

LoveSickJerk Wrote:I like how those French soldiers spoke with spanish accents when I read your description of the dream. The description, by the way, is quite well detailed, or at least, a lot happened.

A lot happened, but as is usually the case with my more elaborate dreams, they occur in a 30-60 minute window when I catnap after waking up the first time. They say that the more shallow your sleep is, the more likely you are to have a dream. That's why people who go to sleep drunk, tipsy, stoned or otherwise under the influence don't typically have dreams.
07-13-2005, 12:26 PM

last night I dreamt about being in a cake and tarte shope in some huge (but no-name) city. noone in my family could decide which beautiful treat to choose, so we left, but not before the cashier had given me my learner's permit. only in my dreams could there be sugary bliss at the DMV.
07-13-2005, 12:35 PM

GimpyJoe Wrote:That's why people who go to sleep drunk, tipsy, stoned or otherwise under the influence don't typically have dreams.
I must be one of those people. I wonder how that happened seeing as I don't ever do drugs and very rarely get drunk.

Anyway, to make up for my lack of memorable dreams, I present my friend Donny's retelling of what I have decided is the best dream ever.
07-13-2005, 03:05 PM

I once had a dream that I was the son of two deceased wizards, living with my annoyingly British relatives, who hated me. Then one day a huge, weird guy came and took me to magic school where many hijinx ensued with my predictable friends and enemies.

Oh wait, that's the plot to Harry Potter, nevermind.
07-13-2005, 06:12 PM

Ya know what? I claim half-credit for this thread...

Gotta get up, gotta get out, gotta get home before the morning comes.
07-13-2005, 06:48 PM

I don't dream much, probably because from the moment my head hits the pillow until the alarm goes off I'm pretty much dead. When I dream, my dreams are typically pretty run-of-the-mill (boys :), and I tend to forget them within an hour or so of waking up. Lately though it's been too fucking hot to really sleep, so it's been this strange half-sleep with loads of dreams...
07-13-2005, 07:47 PM

you are my dreams, my reality is that of the the beyond.

I don't dream to much, and when I do, it's pretty freudian.

[Image: bwp4.gif]
07-14-2005, 05:37 AM

I concur with Donny's dream as the best dream ever.
Donny Wrote:...violently scissoring the big scissors over her head to accentuate the fact that whatever shit it was, that shit was cut.
Oh hell yeah.

And I'd like to bring a little science into the mix and point out that everyone dreams every night, we simply do not remember them. The deeper the sleep the more than likely you will not remember the dream.

Visit me or don't.