Tracking cookies from HD.com
06-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Tracking cookies from HD.com
When running ad-aware I often find tracking cookies from ads and pop-ups but I usually find one that attracts my attention, from harveydanger.com. I've underlined it in the list from Ad-Aware
[Image: HDCookies.jpg]
Does anyone else get this when running ad-aware or any similiar program?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2005, 10:04 PM

Hard to tell from that screenshot, but I'd guess that the cookie was set by phpBB.

I just checked and I have two cookies for harveydanger.com, both appearantly set by phpBB. One is a session cookie that will stick around until I close this browser window, the other will stick around for a year and was probably set when I logged in and checked the box that said "please phpBB, never forget me and make me log in again."

Another cookie might show up in the next few weeks in order to allow better measurement of unique visitors, and how that stat changes in the run-up to the album release.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2005, 07:49 AM

if you click the check box for "remember my username and password" then it sets basically a never ending cookie in place. It doesn't cause any problems or anything. It just saves you from having to log in every time.

One of the problems with things like Ad-Aware is they flag cookies that are actually useful
Find all posts by this user