Good Piano/Bad Piano
05-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Good Piano/Bad Piano
I totally jacked this idea from somebody else. With that out of the way:

Good Piano
[Image: B0001XARKE.01._PE8_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg]
Dresden Dolls - s/t

Bad Piano
(this hurts me just as much as it hurts you)
[Image: silverman200.jpg]
Ben Folds - Songs for Silverman

Corrections? Revisions? Additions?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2005, 08:34 PM

i <3 the dresden dolls...

the meanest grandfather lives the longest.
05-15-2005, 08:35 PM

additionally, i believe the upcoming HD album, deduced from things i've heard said, would fall under the 'good piano' catergory...

05-15-2005, 08:35 PM

additionally, i believe the upcoming HD album, deduced from things i've heard said, would fall under the 'good piano' catergory...

05-16-2005, 04:42 AM

Grrrr....I haven't had the Dresden Dolls record yet. And I've only listened to BF's (blue falcon, AWAYYYYYY!!) new one a couple of times, so I can't completely agree with that. But I'm not sure I'll be able to hold that stance for much longer, considering Its been out for almost 3 weeks now, and I've listened to it twice. *sob* HD, HURRY! My youth is fading!

Visit me or don't.
05-16-2005, 07:58 AM

That's promising. I'll be seeing the Dresden Dolls next week, so knowing their album is better than the new Ben Folds (which IS a bit underwhelming) means that the show is gonna kick even more ass.

I ain't afraid of no rolly-coaster.
Find all posts by this user
05-16-2005, 08:07 AM

GOOD PIANO:

Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine (it'll never get released, so there's no album cover)

BAD PIANO:

[Image: g19955iffzd.jpg]
(easy answer, I know...couldn't think of anything)
05-16-2005, 11:04 AM

GimpyJoe Wrote:Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine (it'll never get released, so there's no album cover)

I've been wanting to hear this record for a while. I need to dl it asap!

Visit me or don't.
05-16-2005, 11:15 AM

Good piano:

[Image: randyNewman_GoodOldBoys.gif]

Scary, scary man:

[Image: billy.gif]

The whole ben folds thing has me torn. I believe that once you have kids, you can do whatever you want musically, sell out, re-record the same old songs, go techno-dance-pop, or even start just plain sucking, if it's because you're trying to give your kids a better life/spend more time with the fam/etc. This would excuse Ben Folds' rather lackluster solo career (though seeing him play the old songs solo is still great), and would also forgive the last Clem Snide record (which completely failed to rock, save for one or two tracks). Usually, having kids gives you a carte blanche. But man. Mr. Folds has really lost his balls. I can't handle any more of these medium-pop ballads. I've lost interest, and it makes me sad. Lost childhood, indeed... and adolescence, and teenage years.

He does have cute kids, though.
05-16-2005, 12:01 PM

To be fair, I didn't hate all of Songs for Silverman. I enjoyed Bastard, and I got a kick (albiet a small one) out of the one about Elliott Smith (Late, I think it was called). But for the most part, I think it came off to much "redneck" and not enough "rock".

05-16-2005, 12:17 PM

Hey, I'm okay with redneck. (See my "Good Piano" selection.) Although I don't hate Ben Folds, I think many would admit that he's really lost his edge.
05-16-2005, 12:47 PM

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with redneck, so long as its done a certain way. Fold's current version of redneck is more like "country music, Unauthorized Biography lyrics".

I really did like Narcolepsy, though...wait...I mean Bastard.

05-16-2005, 02:07 PM

Thaske Wrote:Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with redneck, so long as its done a certain way. Fold's current version of redneck is more like "country music, Unauthorized Biography lyrics".

I really did like Narcolepsy, though...wait...I mean Bastard.

Don't forget "the Ascent Of Stan" seems to have been copped too....but I don't see the depth and pain in these lyrics that I got from Unauthorized Biography. Again, I need more listens!

Visit me or don't.
05-16-2005, 03:42 PM

Thaske Wrote:That's promising. I'll be seeing the Dresden Dolls next week, so knowing their album is better than the new Ben Folds (which IS a bit underwhelming) means that the show is gonna kick even more ass.

i HATE you!

i was going to see the dresden dolls live in concert, but on the day that i was to buy the tickets, they SOLD OUT!

ok so i dont hate you, but i'm REALLY REALLY JEALOUS!

back on topic:

Good Piano:
[Image: Coldplay%20-%20Parachutes%20(Big).jpg]

i cant say i've heard much bad piano...

05-16-2005, 05:22 PM

Patooey on:

[Image: B00004U9MS.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

Unless you like your music pre-chewed.

Not to offend anyone out there... I know there are plenty of decent Coldplay fans who secretly have really good taste in music. I live with one. But I still say patooey.