Where's my CD...?
05-25-2005, 12:19 PM

I think, though I understand why we allow the guest posts, I agree with IoD, guest posting should be eliminated, and logging in should be required to post.

Visit me or don't.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2005, 09:48 AM

Also, now it's to the point where maybe a third of our registered "members" are bot-generated. Look at the WWWs on the last few pages of the memberlist. It's not like this is a particularly high-traffic BB. wtf.
05-26-2005, 03:03 PM

...and it's doubley stupid because we're not even supposed to have more than one name on here so the band can keep track of a valid fan base...down with the robobots! they're spitting on our plastic glasses! stepping on our All Stars! where is the justice? where is my hoodie? the villainy must stop now!

i'm not kidding. i don't like it.
Find all posts by this user
05-26-2005, 03:22 PM

i have you hoody. you let me borrow it for that shindig then you never asked for it back.

the meanest grandfather lives the longest.
11-09-2005, 11:18 PM

Jackie Wrote:MISERY THRILLS TO THE EXCITEMENT OF PARCHED FLESH AND MIND...
BLOOD RELATED SERVANTS TO THE POWER OF PAIN...
WE KEEP IT POSSIBLE THROUGH OUR MUTE ACCEPTANCE.

It's hard enough to find water here.
I want so gently to remove your mask.

Who do you watch? Who is your leader? Which is your flock?

Jackie
Guaranteed Signups
Flog a scoffer, and the simple will learn prudence; Rebuke one who has understanding, and he will gain knowledge.

Do what I do on other boards where I mod/admin: Every time I see a bot message, I edit all the URLs to something humiliating and remove any traces of the intent of the ad, then expose their IP and name-resolution for all to see and do whatever they "please" to do with it...

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
11-09-2005, 11:29 PM

yes....
http://www.harveydanger.com/phpBB2/viewt...highlight=
11-09-2005, 11:52 PM

philistien Wrote:yes....
http://www.harveydanger.com/phpBB2/viewt...highlight=

Nice... I'll have to come up with some! I've been monitoring spambots for far too long. I think I can catch a few if people haven't already covered it all already!

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
11-10-2005, 04:37 AM

I think it's a bit late for that. That thread was locked because it was being flooded with spambots ironically.

Never let pain stop you from doing something you want. . . Never let pride stop you from doing something you should.
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2005, 07:36 AM

Malicid Wrote:I think it's a bit late for that. That thread was locked because it was being flooded with spambots ironically.

Yay for irony. Boo for being late to the scene Sad

11-10-2005, 01:25 PM

i was just pointing it out to say that we have in fact been making fun of spambots.