WTT: '96 Demo Tape (or ?), for Your DSS CD & Lyrics Book
10-19-2009, 08:52 AM
WTT: '96 Demo Tape (or ?), for Your DSS CD & Lyrics Book
[Please forgive the commercial nature of this post. This is far from a Thrilling Conversation, but there's no explicit "marketplace" bit on the forum.]

It's been a while since I visited these pages, and even longer since I've posted. (Hi!). I couldn't make the final shows. Would have flown back to Seattle, but a close friend got married that weekend across the country (life is choices, right? Smile ). So I'm looking to part with an OG HD item I've gotten enjoyment from, so that someone else here can enjoy it: My 1996 Demo tape in exchange for your new Pity & Fear lyrics book and DSS CD. PM me here if you're interested. If you're intrigued by the idea of a swap, but want to figure something else out instead, I have other goodies as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2009, 11:56 AM

Is this demo tape the one with Private Helicopter, Terminal Annex, Carjack Fever?

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
10-19-2009, 04:27 PM

Yep. PH & TA as on Merrymakers. Slower original carjack recording unreleased elsewhere.

"Let's fire all the publicists and leave this town in flames..."
10-19-2009, 04:57 PM

lecanardnon Wrote:"Let's fire all the publicists and leave L.A. in flames..."

Tongue

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
10-19-2009, 05:36 PM

Zing! Correction noted. Smile
Arrangement aside, I like hearing the evolution in lyrics for this song among the different versions. I generally think it ended up in a better place than where it started, but the differences show the rare innards of songwriting evolution.
01-27-2010, 08:25 PM

No closed trades resulted from this offer...

So I still haven't heard this Dead Sea Scrolls album. Rumor has it it's awesome. You've heard it, you've (?) ripped it, how's about swapping it for some old fashioned cash? Smile Make me an offer, or tell me you're interested and I'll make you one. (Same goes for the lyrics book, but mostly I'd like to hear the music.)
06-25-2010, 05:55 PM

OK. So I'm not trying to be greedy or anything, really. Sweartagahd. But I have yet to obtain a copy of DSS, in any form, even in return for an offer of U.S. legal tender. I'm pretty legit, as a listener and a human being. I would really love to hear some of these songs in versions that are not live non-soundboard recordings.

If no one's willing to sell a real CD, is anyone willing to share MP3s? As my tenure on the board here implies, I'm going to pay cash money for any future speculative release of DSS that eventually may see the light of day.

Let me know.

(Meanwhile, theoretical Mortal Enemies record remains one of my most anticipated of 2010, should THAT one see the light of day. And Nelson sings Nilsson, of course, but that seems farther away. And a Code Monkey cover is the real rara nerdis.)
06-26-2010, 02:47 PM

I have the record and generally feel fine sharing music that is OOP, but I'm sure you understand my hesitation in this instance.

Is there any reason this record has not made it's way to itunes?

Just curious.
06-28-2010, 03:13 PM

Birdsvsplanes Wrote:I have the record and generally feel fine sharing music that is OOP, but I'm sure you understand my hesitation in this instance.

Is there any reason this record has not made it's way to itunes?

Just curious.

It would be particularly cool if everyone could upload their Harvey Danger to the servers on Grooveshark.com so those of us that frequent the service could enjoy those recordings that we don't have in our collection.

If you haven't been to Grooveshark.com, this post just changed your life.

You're welcome.
06-28-2010, 06:54 PM

I immediately found "Paranoia" from American Idiot and "Flagpole Sitta" from Dookie.

I am at a loss to explain "Flag Pole" from Vail.
07-06-2010, 11:33 AM

(Thanks to a couple helpful board members, I have been able to acquisition a copy of this album. Thanks! If anyone ever wants to rid themselves of their hard copy CD, offers still entertained by PM. Otherwise, thread is closed. Cheers.)

(Grooveshark is cool.)
07-06-2010, 03:19 PM

i am not necessarily surprised, but somewhat disappointed at how easy it is to find a copy of Dead Sea Scrolls in .zip or .rar form on the internet.
07-08-2010, 10:46 PM

Seriously. Find it in the wild internets... People need to stop asking for request. Or whoever is dishing them out, just needs to be brave enough to state that they can PM them. I just say because it just eats up space.

I mean, when I finally broke down, because I just could not wait any longer, It took me a single search term to find a zip in crystal clear quality. So, "You don't have to be a genius, but it helps to..."

Still, I will never stop searching for a physical copy. Even when I get one, I'll try to find another.

Video game reviews, news and more, from real people, for real games - Classic Gamer Brain
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2010, 01:52 PM

that's the reason i haven't offered to give people a copy, because it's so easy to find. if it weren't so easy, i would gladly give it out. i generally hate people who cradle their rare music like it's a badge of honor (or generally people who ignore my requests for songs that can't be found anywhere else).
07-11-2010, 08:31 PM

I can't say I've looked too hard since I have a copy, but is a lossless version floating around? I've only seen what I'm guessing are MP3s.