Cookies
02-24-2005, 12:12 PM

is this just a forum where we post our problems- or can they be solved here too? kinda tired of typing Independence/Indifference every time i visit the site....

L-
Sean

Even Paul Newman shriveled up into an old man and turned to dust
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2005, 12:45 PM

Okay this might help (presuming you're using IE dunno about much else):

1. Do Anti-Virus and spyware/browser add-on checks - I recommend Spybot search and destroy if you don't have any software for it at the moment. You might also need Hijack this if things look badly infected.

More importantly (and it may sort it out on its own)

2. Delete your cookies
3. Clear your cache
4. Go to Tools>Internet Options>General Tab>Settings>View Objects. Delete any objects that are incomplete are damaged (Check properties>status if you're not sure)

If you can't get it to remember you then, something untoward may be afoot with your pc. Hope that helps a bit.

Love Potato
02-24-2005, 12:51 PM

I'm not sure it's really a PC issue, because it started happening to many of us at the same time.

Also, I know that this issue affects me on both my home Compaq PC and my office Mac, but I don't have such an issue with other phpbbs or any other cookie-remembering webpages...
02-24-2005, 01:01 PM

captainbanjo Wrote:Okay this might help (presuming you're using IE dunno about much else):

1. Do Anti-Virus and spyware/browser add-on checks - I recommend Spybot search and destroy if you don't have any software for it at the moment. You might also need Hijack this if things look badly infected.

More importantly (and it may sort it out on its own)

2. Delete your cookies
3. Clear your cache
4. Go to Tools>Internet Options>General Tab>Settings>View Objects. Delete any objects that are incomplete are damaged (Check properties>status if you're not sure)

Tried all that already. I'm still having problems. I even changed browsers from IE to Firefox.

Pray to the God that you don't quite believe in
To bless this fleeting moment
Yeah, YEAH, YEAH!
02-24-2005, 03:54 PM

Hmmm, happened to me and I sorted it out with that lot... that being said it might come back.

Probably best trawling the pc help type forums to find something useful...

Love Potato
02-24-2005, 11:10 PM

Actually, cantainbanjo's "delete objects" directions were quite helpful. My HDBB cookies are working again.

Now, how do I do that with a mac?
10-03-2006, 02:54 PM

I don't see 'Natalie Portman sucks' on there. Because she does.
Find all posts by this user