The Show Must Not Go On
08-26-2009, 05:21 AM
The Show Must Not Go On
im literally having dreams of coming to the site and seeing 'harvey dangers last song ever! the show must not go on! download here!' -- i need to know when its gonna be available!!! im friggin dying here!!!

and, although theres the excitement of hearing a new song after so long (which automatically makes it 10x better), i honestly think thats one of my favorite songs over (almost) anything on lbl or kjv..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2009, 06:26 PM

i've been listening to the chicago recording nonstop. the lyrics are so great. and the bassline. and the drums. and...yeah. everything
08-28-2009, 10:09 AM

Amen to this, the live recording makes the song sound amazing so a studio version would make me very very happy.

And it'd be the most perfect End O' Career song since Talking Heads' Sax and Violins.
09-01-2009, 03:44 PM

Are there lyrics published for this anywhere? I tried to put together a set on my own but there are some holes where I can't quite understand, and I'd love to know the whole thing.

It's a really beautiful song and it was great to hear it close out the final show, which (as everyone knows) was completely awesome.
09-01-2009, 03:57 PM

They're in the lyrics book, so someone will probably post them soon, assuming it's kosher. (Heck, I'll do it if there aren't any issues with that.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2009, 06:57 PM

the way sean sings the "so goddamn fast" line is the best
09-09-2009, 05:46 AM

Any news of this songy song?

dogmatica, in 2006, Wrote:Please, rip on my favorite band. It makes me respect you and your interests.
09-13-2009, 10:09 AM

Facebook:

"Harvey Danger headed into the studio for the last time today"
09-13-2009, 01:44 PM

I don't suppose B-sides are in order, eh?
09-13-2009, 02:14 PM

i wouldnt imagine so, since they said itd probably be released on the site. unless they made a digital ep. which i wouldnt argue with. hmm. lets go with that. b-sides for the win!
09-13-2009, 02:57 PM

1. The Show Must Not Go On
2. The Show Must Not Go On [Paul DeCarli Remix]
3. The Show Must Not Go On [Live at The Crocodile]
4. Hurried Love & Kisses from Tokyo, Love, Daddy*

*not the original song, but a backing track so renamed just to shut us up
09-13-2009, 04:57 PM

not to mention releasing the multitrack master files for the board to make a bunch of (crappy?) remixes.
09-13-2009, 07:55 PM

in the studio now, listening to jeff recording guitars. holy crap, you guys. it is sounding AMAZING.
09-13-2009, 08:03 PM

tease! TEASE!!!!

.. but, i noticed there wasnt a denial of any b-sides.. :raises eyebrow:

(ok, i know there wont be any..)
09-13-2009, 11:51 PM

sean Wrote:in the studio now, listening to jeff recording guitars. holy crap, you guys. it is sounding AMAZING.

Oh yeah? Well, I am currently eating a pretty intense sandwich with maple horseradish mustard... from Vermont.

Okay yeah, you clearly win.

And that facebook announcement caused possibly the most rapid shift in emotions possibly ever. "Oh they actually are recording it, I wasn't expecting that so fast (ecstatic)... last time in the studio (RECORD SCRATCH SOUND EFFECT)... (sad)" I don't think I used parentheses as appropriately as I could have.

The finality of the band situation has been made clear, and is starting to sink in. But every time a new way to talk about the band's end is mentioned (final tour, final show, final time in studio, final time Lit - Paranoia gets downloaded from a torrent of 90's music), it picks open the wound a little.

http://www.coke-babies.com