Early Schubas Show
08-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Early Schubas Show
firstly, i want to apologize for the shitty shitty quality of these mp3s. sadly, theres nothing i could do about it. no idea how one could make sounds better.

secondly, during woolly muffler, the crazy drunk guy who kept clapping ridiculously loud after each song was singing right next to me and laughing at everything sean said (not that he wasnt funny, but shit..), so theres that annoyance as well.

and, lastly, ive never uploaded anything to archive.org or made a torrent or anything like that, so if anyone wants to / can do a better job, please feel free to.

ohyeah - and, i apologize if theres multiple spelling errors. its late and im friggin tired.

http://www.archive.org/details/HarveyDan...eAtSchubas

i dont know how this archive nonsense works, but obviously - to save - just right click on the file size and save link as.

(and, since my quality = crap, im not gonna bother posting the later show since b_scott fucking owned that one. plus, theres no drunk singing to woolly muffler on his show, like there is on BOTH of mine! argh! heh)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2009, 12:15 AM

Thanks! I thought the early show was lost to the ages.
08-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Re: Early Schubas Show
AnExtraInSomeBackground Wrote:firstly, i want to apologize for the shitty shitty quality of these mp3s. sadly, theres nothing i could do about it. no idea how one could make sounds better.

Many thanks!

Would it be possible to hear one track at a higher bitrate? I'm just curious what is due to the recording and what is due to the subsequent MP3 encode...
07-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Re: Early Schubas Show
lukpac Wrote:
AnExtraInSomeBackground Wrote:firstly, i want to apologize for the shitty shitty quality of these mp3s. sadly, theres nothing i could do about it. no idea how one could make sounds better.

Many thanks!

Would it be possible to hear one track at a higher bitrate? I'm just curious what is due to the recording and what is due to the subsequent MP3 encode...

Thought I'd bump this a few years later. How did you convert from MiniDisc to MP3? I noticed a couple of small glitches between songs, which seem like they must be MP3 encoding issues, rather than problems with the original recording.

Thanks again, though. It's really great to have this recording. I'd sure love to get the recording the guy made who had recorded So Many Dynamos.
07-08-2011, 07:12 PM

i just opened the file in sonicstage, exported as an mp3, opened it in cool edit, then cut the songs up. never gave a full listen (that i remember), but the glitches might be actual glitches, or it might be some drunkard having bumped into me, causing a quick hit.
07-08-2011, 07:17 PM

AnExtraInSomeBackground Wrote:i just opened the file in sonicstage, exported as an mp3, opened it in cool edit, then cut the songs up. never gave a full listen (that i remember), but the glitches might be actual glitches, or it might be some drunkard having bumped into me, causing a quick hit.

Do you still have the original file? If you're willing, and you can export as WAV or FLAC, I'd be happy to cut things up and re-encode as MP3 and FLAC.

It's been a while, but the glitches were specifically on the track breaks. Like a click from one song to the next. Not a drunken bump...