Chicago illustrated
08-19-2009, 07:13 AM

I would not have guessed it, but doesn't Sean's beard just look right?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2009, 07:55 AM

An Object Lesson Wrote:I would not have guessed it, but doesn't Sean's beard just look right?
Heh. Yes. At the beginning of the show, when he first got on stage, my initial reaction was "Oh geez, that's entirely too much hair-action for one person, I need you to shave immediately, or at least between sets." By the end of the night, I'd decided that it looked good. I'm not sure if he's actually lost weight since last year or if the beard is just slimming to his face (perhaps both), but either way, it adds a good line to his jaw/chin, and once I got used to it I liked it.

...this ends the late-nineties-teenage-crush portion of my weekend analysis. :wink:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2009, 08:06 AM

the facial hair takes away from his baby-face. but, i too, got used to it by the end of the nite.
08-19-2009, 08:07 AM

See it's funny that you would react that way to Sean's beard. Have you seen John Roderick lately?

Disembodied ringlets from hair that looks like Carrie Underwood's.
08-19-2009, 10:02 AM

Cynical_Satan Wrote:The one with JFH also targeting in with his camera
I chronicle paranormal activity for a living.
08-19-2009, 10:24 AM

Affe Wrote:See it's funny that you would react that way to Sean's beard. Have you seen John Roderick lately?
I've actually never seen/met John Roderick. Sadface.

Although, on the topic of That Group Of Furry Musician Friends, a few months ago Jonathan Coulton came to town. I'd never seen him/met him before, nor seen pictures of him beyond his album covers, but I'd agreed online beforehand to run his merch table for him, and was thus supposed to meet him before the show. So I'm standing in the lobby of the venue, and for some reason I'd been under the impression that he was (A) nine feet tall, and (B) a furbeast. Unsure why--maybe I actually was confusing his physical looks with John Roderick; it was just after that Hodgman book thing in Seattle with Hodgman, Roderick, Coulton, and Sean. So out comes this average-height guy with a standard-issue haircut and a short, neatly-trimmed beard, and I straight-up did not place him as Candidate For Somebody Who Could Be Jonathan Coulton. After I correctly placed him, of course, I kept my "I thought you'd be taller and hairier" thoughts to myself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2009, 10:40 AM

Scottique Wrote:
Affe Wrote:See it's funny that you would react that way to Sean's beard. Have you seen John Roderick lately?
I've actually never seen/met John Roderick. Sadface.

For reference:
Clean John
Hairy John

Also, hopefully since they debuted a song this past weekend, the new album will come out in 2010 followed by a tour. If there is a stop in Atlanta I think it's probably finally my turn to travel.

Disembodied ringlets from hair that looks like Carrie Underwood's.