2nd Chicago show added!
07-23-2009, 09:02 PM
2nd Chicago show added!
We're adding an early show (7 pm) at Schuba's, also with So Many Dynamos, $14, 18+. Spread the word!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2009, 09:15 PM

That was fast.
07-24-2009, 05:48 AM

7:00 is awesome. With SMD is awesome. Huzzah! (Is 7:00 door-time or show-time?)

(My only Debbie-downer fret is that with the show that late, as it's obviously going to butt up against the late show, and if they shoo everybody out of the early show while people only attending the late show are already lined up, people attending the early show might get dicked over on getting a good place to stand. And there's no fucking way I'm watching a SK/SMD/HD ticket from the back of the room.)

(On the other hand, I keep escalating my own stress about these extra shows, and really I just need to chill the fuck out. Oh no, the logistics of seeing Harvey Danger five times instead of three! What a hard life I lead!)

Ticket-purchase link:
http://www.schubas.com/Shows/08-15-2009+...ger+-+7+PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-24-2009, 06:26 AM

Any idea yet how this show will be different from the other one? Besides Sleepy Kitty not playing it.
07-24-2009, 06:54 AM

There will be some (but not a lot of) differences between the sets. We'll be changing things up a little for each show just to keep it interesting for us. There's a core group of songs that would be the same, since the main reason to add shows is to accommodate people who can't make it to the others. But I would say that no two shows will be exactly alike.
07-24-2009, 07:57 AM

Aaron, is video cool? I just got an HD video camera and I'd love to try it out. I would make sure not to block anyone's view, probably just tripod in front of the SBD.
07-24-2009, 10:14 AM

You'd have to check with Schuba's about their policy on that. I don't imagine most places would let people bring in video cameras. In general, videos for one's own personal enjoyment are fine with us, but crappy-sounding live clips ending up on YouTube aren't so great.
07-24-2009, 11:03 AM

oh Schubas doesn't care as long as the band OK's it. If you could tell them it's ok I'd appreciate it. It'll be a brand new 1080p HD Canon camera, so it'll look great. If it turns out, I'd happily put it up somewhere for the fans.
07-24-2009, 11:36 AM

are any of these shows going to be recorded - like, by anyone in the bands doing - audio or video?
07-24-2009, 01:11 PM

I request "Underground" for the early show!

Great news, by the way.
08-09-2009, 02:52 PM

i would like to request sad sweetheart(piano) and/or we drew the maps

http://somehowimpregnant.blogspot.com
08-11-2009, 04:27 PM

AnExtraInSomeBackground Wrote:are any of these shows going to be recorded - like, by anyone in the bands doing - audio or video?

I was wondering that as well.
08-13-2009, 08:53 AM

b_scott Wrote:oh Schubas doesn't care as long as the band OK's it. If you could tell them it's ok I'd appreciate it. It'll be a brand new 1080p HD Canon camera, so it'll look great. If it turns out, I'd happily put it up somewhere for the fans.

So would I! I would love the opportunity to point my camera at something other than food.

Visit me or don't.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user