LFO reunion tour
06-17-2009, 01:05 PM
LFO reunion tour
SPEAKING OF AMAZING BANDS GETTING TOGETHER ONE LAST TIME THIS SUMMER.

I love LFO to pieces and I don't care whether you judge me for this. Rich Cronin is a fucking lyrical genius. I'll suffer no arguments to the contrary.

Tour dates here:
http://www.myspace.com/lfomusic

HUZZAH HUZZAH HUZZAH
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2009, 04:20 PM

Hahaha I love you.

If I have money, I will totally go with you.

dogmatica, in 2006, Wrote:Please, rip on my favorite band. It makes me respect you and your interests.
06-17-2009, 04:47 PM

I still imagine that they're a brilliant spoof band that just never admitted to it.
Find all posts by this user
06-17-2009, 07:12 PM

You know, I thought that for years. The lyrics and sound are so delightfully ridiculous, the whole persona of Rich Cronin and LFO is so cheerfully dumb, I thought they were the most ingenious satirical band the the late '90s could have possibly produced. And I loved them because I thought I was in on the joke.

And then a couple years ago, VH1 did this show called "Man Band." The premise: get the less-popular dudes from the less-popular boy bands together, ten years later, and make them be their own band. So they got that guy from N'Sync you can never remember, and one of the dudes from 98 Degrees that didn't marry Jessica Simpson, and a guy from Color Me Badd that was working at a tire factory when they dug him up, and Rich Cronin. And they made a show.

Rich Cronin takes every ounce of this absolutely seriously.

But delightfully, his very earnestness has its own charm. His inclusion on that trainwreck of a show was the only thing watchable about it; the guy from N'Sync wasn't a total douche, but the 98 Degrees dude and the Color Me Badd dude were basically horrible human beings. Rich Cronin? Rich Cronin is perfect, musically and professionally and personally.

I submit as evidence for review: Hey, Radio! Listen to this several times and let me know how much you agree.
06-17-2009, 07:18 PM

Heh. That was cute. I liked it.

dogmatica, in 2006, Wrote:Please, rip on my favorite band. It makes me respect you and your interests.
06-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Re: LFO reunion tour
Scottique Wrote:I love LFO to pieces and I don't care whether you judge me for this.
I never would judge you for this.

I would judge you, however, for making me hear it ever again.

Love,

johnnyfootballhero
06-17-2009, 08:56 PM
johnnyfootballhero Wrote:
Scottique Wrote:I love LFO to pieces and I don't care whether you judge me for this.
I never would judge you for this.

I would judge you, however, for making me hear it ever again.

Love,

johnnyfootballhero

Aww..you know it melted your frigid little heart.

Also, Scottique, you never reply back to my Tweets anymore. No love?

06-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Myles Wrote:Aww..you know it melted your frigid little heart.
More like it made me want to binge on Chinese food just because.
06-18-2009, 05:50 AM
Myles Wrote:Also, Scottique, you never reply back to my Tweets anymore. No love?
NO LOVE.

(I've been on vacation. Between last Thursday and last Tuesday I checked Twitter maybe once, and if yours wasn't one of the 15 most-recent tweets, I didn't see it. Next time I go on vacation I'll make sure to tweet up the occasional disparaging remark about you, though, just so you know I haven't forgotten you!)
06-18-2009, 05:54 AM
Scottique Wrote:
Myles Wrote:Also, Scottique, you never reply back to my Tweets anymore. No love?
NO LOVE.

(I've been on vacation. Between last Thursday and last Tuesday I checked Twitter maybe once, and if yours wasn't one of the 15 most-recent tweets, I didn't see it. Next time I go on vacation I'll make sure to tweet up the occasional disparaging remark about you, though, just so you know I haven't forgotten you!)

Yay! :lol: :lol:

I had forgotten you had gone on vacay. I kept trying to converse with you to no avail. I thought I had been *sobs* cast aside.

07-09-2009, 11:00 AM

IMMINENT TRAGEDY, GUYS.

This reunion thing? Miiiiiiiight not be going well.

So, the show is tonight. This morning, they apparently performed on a local morning news show.

They sounded HORRIBLE. It sounded like bad karaoke.

And the price of the show, for which I paid $25? Tickets have been dropped to five dollars. Golly, I wonder whether they've sold many tickets so far.

AND, the opening bands' MySpace pages feature terrifyingly bad music.

Myles, I wish like hell you were down here coming to this with me. I was looking forward to a hilarious, cheery night. Instead I'm worried that this will just be fucking depressing.
07-09-2009, 02:15 PM

I can't be there for real, but consider me there in spirit. Instead I am going to a friends' house for a double feature of Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, and Private Valentine (a movie where Jessica Simpson plays an actress who doesn't make it big and joins the army).

Who will have the better so-bad-it's-amazing evening? STAY TUNED!

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
07-09-2009, 03:59 PM

Scottique Wrote:I
Myles, I wish like hell you were down here coming to this with me. I was looking forward to a hilarious, cheery night. Instead I'm worried that this will just be fucking depressing.

I wish I was too. Sad

But I'm working as much as I can to make up for time gone in Chicago

But I'll be there for Green Day and Get Up Kids!

07-13-2009, 02:50 AM

Dear Scottique,

I am so sorry to inform you Deep Grits cannot cover "Alayna." For, um, copyright reasons.

Regretfully,

johnnyfootballhero
07-13-2009, 05:29 AM

Myrrth Sicopath Wrote:I can't be there for real, but consider me there in spirit. Instead I am going to a friends' house for a double feature of Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, and Private Valentine (a movie where Jessica Simpson plays an actress who doesn't make it big and joins the army).

Who will have the better so-bad-it's-amazing evening? STAY TUNED!

Did you get the 3 disc special edition of Street Fighter (No, I'm not kidding).