Official Meet-Up Thread
05-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Official Meet-Up Thread
Ok guys, after much financial consideration, I am 75% going to the Chicago show. I would like to hit up Seattle but school starts the week of and I can't take the Friday before and the Monday after like I wanted to. So, Schuba's here I come. Being in Texas, this will be the first and the last time I will see Harvey Danger. So, I'm flying to Chicago and using the Subway to get every where. Now, where is everyone else going? And for other people in Chicago,
1. Can anyone provide me and my brother a place to stay?
2. C'mon other HD Fans, lets meet, greet and eat while we're there!

"Fuck you board elitist."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2009, 08:10 PM

Schubas really is sounding like the place to be. Probably makes sense to eat at Schubas the night of the show, but I expect there will be excursions to Portillo's and other eateries beforehand.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
05-29-2009, 09:35 PM

i think schubas for food before the show is a must and for that matter portillos sounds pretty awesome as well.

http://somehowimpregnant.blogspot.com
05-29-2009, 10:12 PM

I'll be there for the Chicago show. Happy to meet up wherever.
05-30-2009, 08:08 AM

Why don't we ALL just meet up for ALL the shows? k thnx bai

Gotta get up, gotta get out, gotta get home before the morning comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-30-2009, 08:41 AM

Smithers Wrote:I like the way Snrub thinks!

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
06-03-2009, 07:30 AM

Schubas has a great restaurant attached to it, I'd recommend it. Also, Flat Top Grill across the street is a great build your own stirfry.
06-03-2009, 07:47 AM

Any hotel recommendations in the surrounding area?

~ScaryMonkeyShow
"I'm gonna sing the DOOM song now!"
06-03-2009, 11:28 AM

I just bought tickets to the Chicago show! I'm also looking for recommendations (if anyone has any) for hotels in the area. Maybe some of us can stay at the same place and hang out?
06-18-2009, 07:50 PM

ScaryMonkeyShow Wrote:Any hotel recommendations in the surrounding area?
My thoughts exactly...Chicago is a foreign land for me.

http://www.last.fm/user/Echoes917
06-18-2009, 08:57 PM

I too will likely be getting a hotel. The Duke & The King is playing at Schubas on the 14th, and lord knows I'm not driving to and from WI twice.

I'm thinking of using Priceline as a way to get recommendations...
06-19-2009, 06:39 AM

NewGirl Wrote:I too will likely be getting a hotel. The Duke & The King is playing at Schubas on the 14th, and lord knows I'm not driving to and from WI twice.

I'm thinking of using Priceline as a way to get recommendations...

Orbitz is solid too. At least for combos. I never tried to book just a hotel with it, but they offered the cheapest rates to Seattle last year. Didn't know if you had tried them yet.

That said, I think Priceline may be offering the best Chicago combo this year.

dogmatica, in 2006, Wrote:Please, rip on my favorite band. It makes me respect you and your interests.
06-19-2009, 06:49 PM

I have my tix for Chicago, and I'm thinking DC has hers too, and we're also trying to coordinate flights and hotels.

Maybe if we can quantify the number of folks needed we can book a couple of rooms, and see if we can snag a cheap rate or something. Maybe. Thoughts?

Visit me or don't.
06-19-2009, 07:12 PM

I've found Club Quarters in downtown Chicago is a pretty cheap option if you're traveling alone or as a couple. I stayed there for a Bound Stems show and I found it to be a very cheap (if not the cheapest) option downtown. Last time I checked a room Saturday night was around $110 -- which is less than the other large hotels downtown. However...two notes:

- The rooms are verrry small. I think the max capacity for their largest room is 3 people.
- They are only bookable via Orbitz and the lot.

I think it's about a $15 cab fare to Schubas....ironically, the Stems were playing Schubas as well.

If there are many of us heading to Chicago though, this place makes a little less sense since the rooms are so small.

The resident board travel agent...
06-19-2009, 09:17 PM

Well I'll more than likely be staying at the Howard Johnson at O'Hare and making the 25 minute drive to Schubas. I found a room there for super cheap...and since I'll need it for two nights that's a good thing. I can't believe I'm seeing Harvey Danger and my beloved Cubs in the same weekend.

http://www.last.fm/user/Echoes917