Farewell @Schubas (Chicago, IL) 7P & 10P (show added)
05-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Farewell @Schubas (Chicago, IL) 7P & 10P (show added)
Hello. I'm not into HD but I did like Flagpole Sitta. I'll probably check out the albums, I'm interested.

I was just on Schubas site and noticed HD has a 8/15 show that says "FAREWELL SHOW" - so, I guess this is their final tour? Just thought I'd bring it up since I was thinking about going and I didn't see anyone talking about this.

I'll probably hit HD since it's only $14. Get tix fast, Schubas is TINY.

http://schubas.com/Page/Shows?Month=August&Year=2009

Cheers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2009, 12:27 PM

...yeah, that show sure is listed. Scott, thanks for the tip.

So, um. It seems very strange that this--the Schuba's website, from a guy new to the board--is how we're finding out about a new non-Seattle Harvey Danger show. Does anybody have anything to add?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-28-2009, 12:40 PM

Awesome that the show is not in Seattle and thus not out my travel range; not awesome that it is labeled a farewell show. Wow.
05-28-2009, 12:59 PM

A quick review of other usual-suspect venues--Largo in LA, Bowery/Mercury in NYC, Maxwell's in NJ, etc--didn't turn up anything indicating that this was part of a tour. On the other hand, a lot of clubs don't update their publicly-viewable calendars that far in advance, so it doesn't tell us much.

(On the other hand, I checked Atlanta's most-likely venue, The Earl, and did a double-take when I saw the band Harvey Milk booked for a close-by date.)

The "farewell" thing doesn't stress me out--from my perspective, Harvey Danger as a band only exists maybe six weeks a year at this point, never with any promise that anything will ever happen again anyway; anybody who hasn't already been treating every Harvey Danger event as a potential Last Ever Harvey Danger event has been kidding themselves and lucky so far. So if this is it, this is it. Chicago is an odd setting, but I won't complain--I'll just be there.
05-28-2009, 01:46 PM

Didn't think they'd post that so quick! We're right in the middle of making some plans, but I just posted a statement on the home page that sums everything up. There will be shows in addition to the Chicago one, in Seattle, of course, and possibly more. We'll update you as soon as we know, which will be very soon. More to come...
05-28-2009, 01:58 PM

um.

I suppose it really isn't so surprising. I'll have plenty more chances to say so in the weeks ahead perhaps, but thanks for everything Aaron. I'm looking forward to seeing what other shows are in the works.
05-28-2009, 02:07 PM

Yeah, probably not a huge shock, considering how things have slowed down over the last couple years. However, we do have some cool stuff in the works for the next few months that's going to be really fun. We're definitely not planning on going out with a whimper.
05-28-2009, 03:17 PM

:cry: :cry: Well, there goes my chances of ever seeing Harvey Danger live.

"Fuck you board elitist."
05-28-2009, 03:26 PM

they're called airplanes. use them.
I am bummed, but hopeful for the creations to come from everyone in the band.
05-28-2009, 03:32 PM

junker Wrote:they're called airplanes. use them.
I am bummed, but hopeful for the creations to come from everyone in the band.

Yeah, thanks for telling about those things. Geez, maybe I wouldn't have said anything if I thought it was a financial possibility for me to fly out to Chicago or Seattle in the next few months. I mean, I didn't entertain the thought that my favorite band is breaking up and perhaps I should try to show them how much they've meant to me over the years by attending one of their final shows.

"Fuck you board elitist."
05-28-2009, 03:36 PM

As Scottique noted, it doesn't really come as a shock, but the finality is still a bit depressing regardless.

Any chance that any of the material that was being worked on will come out in some way, shape or form as a result?

dogmatica, in 2006, Wrote:Please, rip on my favorite band. It makes me respect you and your interests.
05-28-2009, 03:41 PM

Ugh. Please hit up the east coast, Harvey Danger. Pleeease?
05-28-2009, 03:49 PM

I'm going.
05-28-2009, 03:59 PM

I have my ticket now, so I can relax a little. Schubas does sell out fast.
05-28-2009, 04:02 PM

Myles Wrote:Any chance that any of the material that was being worked on will come out in some way, shape or form as a result?

I am hoping for this.