tattos anyone?
01-07-2005, 12:30 AM
tattos anyone?
i want to get this on the bottom of my forearm:

[Image: 79866673.jpg]

anyone else have tattos? how bads it gonna hurt? : )

i know these lines look crooked on paper,
but i swear i got it straight in my head.

you don't need a passport
to know what state you're in.

don't despair, your mother loves you.
but don't be proud; she has to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2005, 12:45 AM

From what I've been told, you pretty much loose all feeling in the area due to the vibrations in your skin (numb nerves). Unless there's not a lot of muscle and skin (like over your sternum), then it is supposed to hurt like a bitch.

Anyway, OFF TOPIC!!

I ain't afraid of no rolly-coaster.
01-07-2005, 01:11 AM

i know the post about the avatar and the other post called "ahhhnold says" are closer to this forums topic...maybe you should check there.

i know these lines look crooked on paper,
but i swear i got it straight in my head.

you don't need a passport
to know what state you're in.

don't despair, your mother loves you.
but don't be proud; she has to.
01-07-2005, 05:31 AM

This too needs to be off topic. Where are the mods?

Visit me or don't.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2005, 09:41 AM

anything close to the bone will hurt. or really thin, sensitive skin.

I didn't think that mine hurt that much. but I think I might have a fairly high tolerance for pain.
01-07-2005, 08:06 PM

LoveSickJerk Wrote:Where are the mods?

We're in the secret mod-only forum drinking wine coolers and acknowledging how cool we are; you gotta problem with that?
01-07-2005, 10:40 PM

I don't get it. While I may be running the risk of appearing unhip-- what's ender?

aj, what is your tattoo? I'm interested.
01-07-2005, 10:42 PM

and why is it using the GTA font?
01-08-2005, 07:02 PM

we dont need no stinking badges.
01-08-2005, 08:52 PM

dchris Wrote:aj, what is your tattoo? I'm interested.

two. both butterflies, which I know sounds incredibly trendy. I've been obsessed since my grams introduced me when I was a wee lass. old school.

I took in a pic from the encyclopedia when I was 17 and my mom signed for me. she was supposed to get one too, but hadn't figured out what she wanted and still hasn't. it's really an incredibly unhip story.

the other was a birthday gift from my bff. we had em done on opposite sides and with our fav colors (inverted for the other bff).

more to come.
01-08-2005, 11:58 PM

dchris Wrote:I don't get it. While I may be running the risk of appearing unhip-- what's ender?

I don't know either, but judging from the star and the font-- this is for my own entertainment and compulsive participation in guessing games-- I'm venturing that it's a fairly emo band who named themselves after the Orson Scott Card books, or the DC song of the same namesake.

If I had conjured this as a fiction
I would be scared I'd gone too far
01-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Re: tattos anyone?
themarvelous3 Wrote:anyone else have tattos? how bads it gonna hurt? : )

I can tell you from experience that forearm tatoos hurt way more than you think they will. It was excruciating when I got mine. I also have a friend who's covered in tatoos and swears he cried when he got his forearms done. As soon as they pull the needle out it stops hurting... for a while. When the blood rushes to the area it'll throb like a mofo for a long while.

I'm not a fan of pain much, but I have to say that it was somehow satisfying to clench my jaw through the awful searing burn of the needle and to have something to show for it afterwards.

And is "DC" supposed to stand for Dashboard? If it's a song title... well, wait a while. Like, years. It's not a light decision and tatoo removal doesn't really work very well.
01-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Re: tattos anyone?
atlas Wrote:And is "DC" supposed to stand for Dashboard? If it's a song title...

Yes, and it is a song title, but I believe the logo at top is for a band of the same name.

If I had conjured this as a fiction
I would be scared I'd gone too far
01-09-2005, 06:07 PM

To be honest I'd be a little wary of getting any words tattooed on oneself. I knew a fair few people who are living with idiotic things written on themselves. Images seem to be less regrettable.

As for hurting I've been reliably informed that the pain is generally relative to how ticklish that area is (it's usually a relatively good indicator of sensitivity).

Love Potato
01-10-2005, 03:31 PM

captainbanjo Wrote:As for hurting I've been reliably informed that the pain is generally relative to how ticklish that area is (it's usually a relatively good indicator of sensitivity).

That seems like a perfect assessment.