New Shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-15-2008, 06:24 PM
New Shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!
living in chicago (and being a HUGE fan of nirvana since i was 7-ish), im wondering if you guys are gonna be doing nirvana songs at the lounge acts show.. i would save up as much money as i could to fly out to seattle if that was the case.. ive never been to seattle, technically ive never even taken any kind of vacation before, but i WAS planning on seeing HD in seattle by the end of next year.. this would be the supreme opportunity to do so, in my opinion..

aaron, sean, jeff, whoever reads this thing in the near future, please give us some details into these delicious-sounding shows.. ill definitely start saving my money now..

.. also, just out of random curiousity, any chance of us ever hearing 'we drew the maps' live? ive been going thru all my HD cds lately and just cant stop listening to that beautiful song..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2008, 07:12 PM

Your lack of context had me utterly baffled.

Here, everybody: Context!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...=403846529
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-15-2008, 07:27 PM

:oops:

.. i live in a world where i think everyone checks harvey dangers myspace and their tour dates on the main page here as often as i do.. i apologize.. a lot of it was also me being scatterbrained with excitement..
06-15-2008, 08:16 PM

The only reason I joined Facebook was the lure of such updates.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
06-15-2008, 08:40 PM

We'll probably only be doing one or two Nirvana songs at the Kurt Cobain memorial show. We've never actually played a Nirvana cover before (other than at a special occasion like this, it would be kind of a weird thing to do in Seattle, right?), so I'm not sure what we'll be doing at this point. Any suggestions?
There's also a possibility we'll book another show in a different town around the same time, just to make a weekend of it.
We may play "We Drew the Maps" someday, but probably not at any of these upcoming shows.
06-15-2008, 09:39 PM

let me once again apologize; this time for my constant posting (im at work and very bored), and also for the long explanations.

nirvanas my favorite band and has been for more than a decade now. harvey danger has been my second favorite band since buying whatmmg and hearing 'problems and bigger ones' and 'radio silence'. so, to hear my second favorite band doing songs that my favorite band (who ill never get to see) did, i cant help but be overwhelmed with the possibilities.

this is not from a 'what i want to see harvey danger do' point of view, but from a 'what nirvana songs would i kill to see live' point of view, my list would consist of the following songs (and, i know you said one or two, but a huge list of possibilities cant hurt, right?) :

beeswax
blandest
do re mi
hairspray queen
i hate myself and want to die
milk it
oh, the guilt
old age
radio friendly unit shifter
return of the rat
spank thru
swap meet
verse chorus verse
very ape
you know youre right

aaaand, thats about it. another show during that weekend would be incredible. i plan on taking the 5th thru the 14th off of work to take a plane out there and just see the sights. any extra harvey danger is more than welcome.

as for 'we drew the maps' live, if its a possibility, thats more than we could ask for..
06-16-2008, 05:19 AM

I would love to hear Sean sing 'come on over and shoot the shit.'
06-16-2008, 06:07 AM

Jesus, if Harvey Danger played Aneurysm at a show. . . Someone record the damn thing, will ya?

Never let pain stop you from doing something you want. . . Never let pride stop you from doing something you should.
06-16-2008, 08:49 AM

AnExtraInSomeBackground Wrote:.. i live in a world where i think everyone checks harvey dangers myspace and their tour dates on the main page here as often as i do.. i apologize.. a lot of it was also me being scatterbrained with excitement..
Haha, I'm with ya. :-) I hadn't happened to see it yet. The in-media-res left my train of thought derailed at "They're doing a show.... and it's a lounge act... and Nirvana music is involved?" This is what came to mind.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-16-2008, 02:14 PM

Do Lithium.

Do it in the style of The Polyphonic Spree cover, with every other musician in the building helping out.
06-16-2008, 09:26 PM

Agent Zero Wrote:Do it in the style of The Polyphonic Spree cover, with every other musician in the building helping out.
Only actually on key.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
06-18-2008, 02:22 AM

johnnyfootballhero Wrote:
Agent Zero Wrote:Do it in the style of The Polyphonic Spree cover, with every other musician in the building helping out.
Only actually on key.

Oh HARSH. I like that cover a lot more than I like the original and the original is the only Nirvana song I like at all.
06-18-2008, 05:59 AM

Sad

nirvanas great though?
06-18-2008, 08:02 AM

the man doesnt like the beatles, dont be sad that he doesnt like nirvana.
06-18-2008, 11:03 AM

junker Wrote:the man doesnt like the beatles, dont be sad that he doesnt like nirvana.

It's true, I am silly like that.