Solve My Problem, and a Treasure Awaits Ye...
03-27-2009, 07:12 AM

Fantastic catch on the "Once I dated an actor" line appearing there. Since that's in the "her" section of the song, it explains why it's "actor" instead of "actress," as that line migrated from "her" in Problems to Wine, Women and Song unadulterated.

Alternate bridge to Private Helicopter is something like this:

I (something) the man with frozen toes
Or a novelist enamored with his own prose
I act up--friends like you, you know the rest.

Adamant I might have been (something) into the sex offender (??? This is a really bad line for me to mishear)
I celebrate the (something something)
And I expect (something something something) boyfriend
I tell you what!

I have no idea what's going on up there, but it's either deeply personal or not personal at all. Somebody else please attempt this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2009, 09:36 AM

Scottique Wrote:There is absolutely no "Oh Christ, now we're gonna play that song you expect" before Flagpole Sitta. Sean teases the forced "into the mirror/little bit clearOR" rhyme, and doesn't hiss the "stupid people are breeding" line as he'd come to do in every I'm-over-this-song performance later on. There's no palpable meta-tension (no agony or irony, natch) from in the musicianship--it's just a fun, fast song that nobody on the stage hates. You can hear that.

This is probably the best live show I've heard from them. Couldn't agree with you more about F-pole

Even Paul Newman shriveled up into an old man and turned to dust
03-27-2009, 11:57 AM

Scottique Wrote:Fantastic catch on the "Once I dated an actor" line appearing there. Since that's in the "her" section of the song, it explains why it's "actor" instead of "actress," as that line migrated from "her" in Problems to Wine, Women and Song unadulterated.

Alternate bridge to Private Helicopter is something like this:

I (something) the man with frozen toes
Or a novelist enamored with his own prose
I act up--friends like you, you know the rest.

Adamant I might have been (something) into the sex offender (??? This is a really bad line for me to mishear)
I celebrate the (something something)
And I expect (something something something) boyfriend
I tell you what!

I have no idea what's going on up there, but it's either deeply personal or not personal at all. Somebody else please attempt this.

Have only given one, I've got nothing yet other than sex offendin' is going on and I approve!

Will listen more closely at home.

dogmatica, in 2006, Wrote:Please, rip on my favorite band. It makes me respect you and your interests.
03-30-2009, 12:17 AM

I'm listening to old files in weird formats, and Sean just sang, "What do you do when it's six foot two?"

Um. What is this?
Find all posts by this user
03-30-2009, 06:35 AM

One day, JFH, we're going to sit down and have a long discussion regarding context.
04-05-2009, 04:40 PM

If it's not too much hassle, could one of you fine chaps (or chapettes) please yousendit Private Helicopter? The website is 404'ing and the completionist in my is going into psychotic convulsions.
04-05-2009, 05:07 PM

just download the whole show as one file?
04-05-2009, 07:25 PM

No takers on alternate lyrics?
07-15-2009, 11:06 AM

i know them.
07-15-2009, 01:30 PM

sean Wrote:i know them.

Yeah, I'll bet you do. Wink Care to enlighten us?

Pray to the God that you don't quite believe in
To bless this fleeting moment
Yeah, YEAH, YEAH!
07-16-2009, 06:57 AM

No further attempt from me. I listened again yesterday afternoon and picked up a couple additional words, but there's just too many unintelligible syllables to string together. If we had another recording from a different show with that same bridge, I'll bet we could cobble it together, but as-is, it'll just have to be lost knowledge (since we can see Sean's not sharing this time).

At least for the sex offender line, it's some combination of,
[(Adamant)(I'd admit)] I might have been [(a tad into)(attacked, and to)] the sex offender, I celebrate [(or worship)(a war ship)(abortion, etc)]...
But for the rest of the song having such a straightforward narrative arc, I can't work out the non-sequitur this seems to become.
07-17-2009, 11:47 AM

If its "I'd admit I might have been a tad into the sex offender." Then I have a theory that the bridge may be imported lines from Tokyo Love Daddy. Not sure if that is helpful for figuring them out though.
07-17-2009, 07:24 PM

"NRVS" would make more sense than "Tokyo Love Daddy." Considering "NRVS" was actually about a sex offender.
07-17-2009, 11:22 PM

I am sooo glad it is still available! Awesome!

Give me a job please.
http://www.thelaurafranklin.com
07-22-2009, 06:32 AM

johnnyfootballhero Wrote:"NRVS" would make more sense than "Tokyo Love Daddy." Considering "NRVS" was actually about a sex offender.

I must have my old unheard songs mixed up then. Upon checking the respective threads I did mean NRVS, and Sean even admits to cannibalizing some of the lyrics.