While You're Waiting For The Ten Year Spectacle Shows...
04-11-2008, 08:15 AM
While You're Waiting For The Ten Year Spectacle Shows...
why not some other little treats?

I ripped the audio from a number of things off YouTube. The first being Sean Nelson covering "Sitting In My Hotel" by The Kinks.

I figured a live cover would be fairly kosher. i didn't want to step on any toes and post some Nelson Sings Nilsson things that hadn't been released (even though they're live) just in case. However, if there's something you know of that you'd like the audio for...lemme know. I'll try to post something new daily until I can't find anything worth posting or unless I'm asked not to.

So..here you go!

http://www.divshare.com/i/4225570-2ff (just click "Skip Ad")

Who loves ya, baby birds?

dogmatica, in 2006, Wrote:Please, rip on my favorite band. It makes me respect you and your interests.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2008, 08:41 AM

Ahem. Sorry for the delay. I know you were all chomping at the bit to hear see my beautiful words typed once more. Work was hectic.

Today's song, originally given to me by our very own football hero, then ripped from a video until I realized the quality was the same, is Sean Nelson's rendition of "Angel of The Morning."

Good night and good luck.

EDIT: New link

http://www.divshare.com/download/launch/4242311-780

dogmatica, in 2006, Wrote:Please, rip on my favorite band. It makes me respect you and your interests.
04-13-2008, 03:12 PM

That rendition of Angel of the Morning is heart-stoppingly pretty. *swoons*

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but is there a way of downloading this instead of streaming it? When I click "download original" it just refreshes the same page--no download.

Thanks for doing these! I really really really need to get my videotape of the 10-year-stuff up. I'm giving up on layering the better audio over what I have--I think it'll be okay; I just need to do it.
04-13-2008, 07:57 PM

Myles Wrote:Today's song, originally given to me by our very own football hero, then ripped from a video until I realized the quality was the same, is Sean Nelson's rendition of "Angel of The Morning."
Thanks for the plug!

Incidentally, does anyone know if this is The Iconics featuring Sean Nelson?
Find all posts by this user
04-13-2008, 08:33 PM

Scottique Wrote:That rendition of Angel of the Morning is heart-stoppingly pretty. *swoons*

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but is there a way of downloading this instead of streaming it? When I click "download original" it just refreshes the same page--no download.

Thanks for doing these! I really really really need to get my videotape of the 10-year-stuff up. I'm giving up on layering the better audio over what I have--I think it'll be okay; I just need to do it.

Hmm. It may be your browser? I'm on Firefox but I logged out and then clicked the think and it still sent me to a page where the "Save to.." thing pops up.

EDIT: Tried a new link. See if that works.

04-14-2008, 08:37 AM

Greetings boils and ghouls,

Your old friend Myles the Magnificent here, with a another bone tingling bit to tantalize your ears.

This is taken from John Auer's birthday on 9/27/07 at Chop Suey. The song itself is entitled "Throwaway," a Posies cover.

Until next time!

http://www.divshare.com/download/launch/4253300-ded

04-15-2008, 09:40 AM

you are a nice person
04-15-2008, 03:18 PM

aj Wrote:you are a nice person

Glad to be of service :wink:

Now today's delightful delicacy is yet another live cover song. This time we see Sean and some pals covering Bob Dylan's "Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window." Audio quality's not amazing, but it's decent.

This from the video description: "Sean Nelson provides a break from Bob Dylan's Blonde on Blonde at the Fifth Annual Double Album Extravaganza with "Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window". He is joined by Andrew MgKeag, Jim Sangster, Jason Staczek and Scott Giampino. Shot at the Tractor Tavern, 12/8/2007"

I now present you...
http://www.divshare.com/download/launch/4264557-190

04-16-2008, 06:27 PM

Oh, hello!

Didn't see you there. Was having my self a spot of tea. What? A song you say? I'm sorry, old boy, but I'm not much of a singer.

I do, however, have this live version of "The World Owes Me A Living And I Intend To Collect" by one Mr. Sean Nelson, with some wonderful banter before the song.

What's that? Of course! I don't mind sharing at all! Do have a wonderful evening, won't you?

http://www.divshare.com/download/launch/4274712-48c

04-16-2008, 07:07 PM

I enjoy the introductions to these as much as the fact that you're putting them up. Thanks.
04-16-2008, 07:39 PM

Now all we need is a cover of "Have a Cuppa Tea"
04-16-2008, 08:15 PM

I have nothing to add beyond YAY MYLES!
04-16-2008, 08:52 PM

KidintheCarpetStore Wrote:I enjoy the introductions to these as much as the fact that you're putting them up. Thanks.
Cosign, as much or more.
04-19-2008, 08:28 AM

Apologies for the lack of updates the past few days. It's been a bit of a rough patch..but I shall return very, very, soon.

05-23-2008, 08:00 AM

Ahem.

So I promised an update back in April, and here we are, almost June, and nothing has come!

No news! Not barely an utterance of an IM?! Although Todd has taken it upon himself to carry out the Herculean task of attempting to keep up with me on AIM, for which he should be commended.

What happened to our stalwart hero, Myles? Did he find the meaning of live? Is he off somewhere in Loch Ness riding atop his beloved Nessie's back? Did someone force him to listen to a Radiohead album and his mind exploded at the sheer awfulness of it?

Fret not, true believers.

Myles is alive and well.

Things got extremely hectic for a while. All my jobs kicked into high gear. And I mean HIGH GEAR. Though this is a very good thing considering I have credit card payments, bills, rent and soon to be moving to a new residence to pay for, it paved little energy to fully upkeep all of my online personas (personae?), and unfortunately my activity on the Harvey Danger board had to be put on the back burner.

On top of allllll that, the stars aligned properly and I met a girl whom I am actually crazy about. Since both of our schedules were and are extremely hectic, we had to squeeze in what little time we did have into seeing each other, which usually meant we pulled a number of all nighters just to spend time with one another. But her semester is over (she goes to one of the colleges in Spartanburg) and she's home in Georgia for summer, which is sad news bears indeed (although I'm going down to see her for the long weekend!) but it does give us a chance to recharge from the hectic nature of the last few months and catch up on sleep. She's a voice, theatre and dance major, so much of her time was consumed by all that at once. She's now stepped down to a dance minor so it won't be as chaotic when she returns. I'm pretty nuts about her though, and this may be the first solid relationship I've had in three years. So I'm cautiously optimistic and hopeful.

Hope to give an audio update soon as well. We'll see what happens, but in the time since the following has happened:

"Price of Doing Business," while a favorite HD-related track of mine may have lost it's footing as number one fave Sean song.

"The World Owes Me A Living And I Intend To Collect" is the culprit in giving the previously mentioned track a run for it's money.

I am now, more than ever, utterly convinced that "Oh! You Pretty Things," cover or no, is a song about the X-Men.

"Old Hat" maintains it's place as my top HD tracks and is now #1 on my LastFM, squeezing past The Paper Chase's We Know Where You Sleep's year long rule.

Introducing Ashleigh (the girl) to Harvey Danger, who had the horrible, unspeakable misfortune of downloading ""Flagpole Sitta" via Limewire, which labeled the artist as Green Day, which thoroughly confused her until she met me because "it's such a good song, but sounds nothing like Green Day at all." I have since taken it upon myself to educate her on HD.

The idea just struck me to make a documentary on how "Flagpole Sitta" was ever confused with Green Day to begin with (to note, Green Day is, has been, and always will be my all time favorite band since aged 10).