Thread Closed 
Out of curiosity...
02-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Out of curiosity...
I was looking at the LW forums and julie had said that she had been banned from here. Now I recall her last wave of unintelligible posts had been deleted but I didn't realize she had been banned. Firstly I was wondering if it was true? Secondly I was wondering if there was a specific reason for it happening now? I didn't recall anything in that last wave that was particularly worse than her other stuff so I was just wondering if I missed something. I know she's a nuisance and the board is definitely more peacfeul without her. It just shocked me, that's all.

Disembodied ringlets from hair that looks like Carrie Underwood's.
Find all posts by this user
02-29-2008, 03:23 PM

It is true. I have resisted doing this for a long, long time and have only done it as a last resort. I felt it was the best for the community of the board (and quite honestly, for Julie herself). Julie is a passionate HD fan and has been a member of the all the different HD boards for longer than perhaps anyone else here, but she has made threats against other board members and, I feel, has detracted from the discussions overall here for quite some time. I've seen trolls on other boards get banned for far less. This has not been done for any one specific event, but rather a collection of everything.

Pray to the God that you don't quite believe in
To bless this fleeting moment
Yeah, YEAH, YEAH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-29-2008, 04:15 PM

I want to thank you for doing that. You're absolutely right--it's best for all parties involved.

Her ban post, in case anybody cares to see. It's actually the most coherent thing we've seen from her in a very long time.
02-29-2008, 04:55 PM

Least quality post count crown is all MINE, YES, VICTORY.

Gun don't kill babies, babies kill babies.
02-29-2008, 08:12 PM

Thank you, TRM. Thank you a lot.
02-29-2008, 08:39 PM

johnnyfootballhero Wrote:Thank you, TRM. Thank you a lot.

+1

(also +1 for "i'm not going" re: the shows next week in Scottique's link)
03-01-2008, 06:53 AM

Yes. I think this is A Good Thing, for everyone.

edit: And her posts in that thread on the LWs forum are just completley ridiculous. "i hope sean finds jesus". I think this is one foxhole he'll find it VERY easy to be an atheist in, to be honest.
03-01-2008, 05:42 PM

Holy god, that's the most coherent post I never thought I'd see.

Lunacy has a place on the internet, but I hope this helps her see past to its other side.

+1

Is it in bad taste to chuckle at her name, 'longtimecoming'?

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
03-17-2008, 01:00 AM

Myrrth Sicopath Wrote:Is it in bad taste to chuckle at her name, 'longtimecoming'?
sorry to come into this a bit late, but this kind of 'afterthought' I personally do find in rather bad taste, especially since the person it is aimed at cannot defend herself here anymore. Just my humble opinion, since you asked...
03-17-2008, 10:22 AM

whew

Even Paul Newman shriveled up into an old man and turned to dust
03-17-2008, 10:44 AM

She's still wandering Seattle :/

Gun don't kill babies, babies kill babies.
03-18-2008, 12:04 PM

Can we please keep the negative comments about Julie to ourselves? I really do not get how people can make fun of someone because of their illness. I just wanted to reiterate that this move, I felt, was the best for both the board, and Julie herself. That said, I think it's time t close this topic.

Pray to the God that you don't quite believe in
To bless this fleeting moment
Yeah, YEAH, YEAH!
Thread Closed