Side Projects Lyrics Thread
10-14-2008, 06:32 PM

toastylewis Wrote:Hullo everyone!
This is my first post : )

The only songs I have by Sean's various side projects are the ones I've managed to find on myspace... how do I go about completing my collection? Is there some place where they're all gathered together? I'm apparently missing a lot of HD b-sides too.

Anyway, I do have "Kicking Me Out of the Band" and I believe that Kieth is Kieth Moon, Kurt is Kurt Cobain, John is John Entwistle, Lou is Lou Barlow, and Elliott is Elliott Smith. Don't know about Richard...

Welcome aboard!

Some songs are downloadable from sean's blog..others some members have. Just poke about. Hardly Dangerous has a lot of stuff in their download section.

dogmatica, in 2006, Wrote:Please, rip on my favorite band. It makes me respect you and your interests.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2008, 05:29 PM

Anyone have the lyrics for 'More Good News From The Front'? I think that was one of the ones Sean did with Chris Walla...

Also, is there any way someone could send me a copy of "Hey, Millicent", 'Brooklyn Bridge', and 'Ski Lift incident'? I haven't heard any of those before...

Edit: ok, now I have "Hey Millicent", thanks to JFH. just need the other two.

"She drove it like she stole it. She stole it fast, and with a multitude of casualties."
Find all posts by this user
08-20-2009, 07:49 AM

So I'm listening to "Make Good Choices," and the line comes up,

"A wise old man was once heard to say,
'The things that always cause us the most pain
are those from which we are always the least-prepared to walk away.'
That's probably why I had you on the brain."

Who was that wise old man, does anybody know? A little Googling was fruitless for me in finding the source of the quotation.
08-20-2009, 08:04 AM

When hearing the line in the past I've assumed it was a generic wise man, since it seems like a pretty basic observation, but knowing Sean, he probably has a specific wise man in mind.
03-05-2010, 07:54 PM

was just listening to Make Good Choices and I suspect it is "false economy" not "fool's economy".
03-05-2010, 08:02 PM

Whoa, the return of Hawkwing. Welcome back!

Pray to the God that you don't quite believe in
To bless this fleeting moment
Yeah, YEAH, YEAH!
03-06-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:I suspect it is "false economy" not "fool's economy".

I think it varies. The studio (?) version from the MySpace page sounds very very much like "fool's economy", but the live-at-Spaceland recording has it clearly as "false".
03-09-2010, 12:52 AM

Yup, it definitely varies between "fool's economy" and "false economy" between recordings. :-)
08-02-2013, 12:12 PM
RE: Side Projects Lyrics Thread
Lemme take a crack at it-

Keith(Richards), Kurt(Cobain), John(Lennon), Richard, Lou(Reed) and Elliott(Smith)

Richard is escaping me.

Seems pretty likely these are the people referring being high while making their best records.

"Fuck you board elitist."