New Movie Thread
05-04-2008, 03:42 PM

I think he already has. I'm excited to see Howard as War Machine.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2008, 05:08 PM

I got up "early" this morning to see the earliest possible showing of SPEED RACER!

After the first ten minutes, there's an hour or so of complete dogshit, with cringe-worthy child acting and way too much back story... I almost walked out... and then it picks up midway through for another hour and fifteen minutes of genuine awesome. GENUINE.

Go ahead and mock Speed Racer, and me for seeing it... I love me some campy vintage TV converted to oversaturated CG cartoon full-length glory. And don't think I'd hesitate for a second to see the next TMNT, or another live action He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
Find all posts by this user
05-09-2008, 06:23 PM

Just got back with the kids, we saw Speed Racer as well...
The NY papers gave it really bad reviews, so there were a lot of empty
seats...
But I agree with the above post...

Ben Stein Wrote:Flagpole Sitta, is a song about Eugenics.
05-22-2008, 06:02 PM

No one saw Indiana Jones???

05-23-2008, 07:37 AM

Loved "Iron Man"
Thought "Speed Racer" was damn fun roller coaster ride, but not everyon'e cup of tea
"Harold and Kumar" 2, while not as effective as the first, was still great fun for me (and NPH cannot be denied!)
"Prince Caspian" was at the very least better than the first, and pretty enjoyable in it's own right. Props to the writer for at least attempt to give Susan something to fucking do, a project Lewis never took to. Also, the irritation at the way these stories end stays even in their film versions.
"Baby Mama:" My friends dragged me to see this tripe because she was having an awful day and I wanted to cheer her up. Afterwards, I told her we weren't hanging out again until she apologized.

dogmatica, in 2006, Wrote:Please, rip on my favorite band. It makes me respect you and your interests.
05-23-2008, 08:52 AM

Oh... did Indiana Jones come out on Wednesday? Am I a foolish fool?

Prince Caspian reiterates to me my confusion over why Christians love C. S. Lewis. Isn't it some kind of ridiculous blasphemy to have children worship and have faith in a lion? Sounds mighty pagan to me. I have no problem with it, but it fascinates me when my mom tells me how the Christian radio stations are all willing to consider it an allegory.

05-23-2008, 09:18 AM

The new Indiana Jones movie was terrible. Absolutely terrible. All sorts of ridiculous and far-fetched things happen in Indiana Jones movies, but this one takes it ten steps too far on more than one occasion. I didn't go in with any expectations and still came out feeling gypped.
05-23-2008, 09:59 AM

Myrrth Sicopath Wrote:Oh... did Indiana Jones come out on Wednesday? Am I a foolish fool?

Prince Caspian reiterates to me my confusion over why Christians love C. S. Lewis. Isn't it some kind of ridiculous blasphemy to have children worship and have faith in a lion? Sounds mighty pagan to me. I have no problem with it, but it fascinates me when my mom tells me how the Christian radio stations are all willing to consider it an allegory.

They believe Aslan represents Jesus/God metaphorically. There are bits where i can definitely see the thinly veiled allegory. Lewis, after all, was an atheist converted to Christianity.

dogmatica, in 2006, Wrote:Please, rip on my favorite band. It makes me respect you and your interests.
05-23-2008, 10:54 AM

Myles Wrote:"Baby Mama:" My friends dragged me to see this tripe because she was having an awful day and I wanted to cheer her up. Afterwards, I told her we weren't hanging out again until she apologized.
Quote of the day.

As for Indiana Jones movies, I like them except the ones with Harrison Ford.
05-23-2008, 11:25 AM

I hope Hellboy 2 doesn't let me down...
I'm not really looking forward to Hulk 2...
If the lion is Jesus, is turkish delights communion???

05-23-2008, 11:34 AM

Inter Alia Wrote:If the lion is Jesus, is turkish delights communion???
No, the Turkish Delights came from the witch. They're more like devil's... food... cake.
05-23-2008, 11:36 AM

I think Hellboy 2 will be badassical
Semi-excited for Hulk 2 do to Norton.
Also excited for Indy 4. We'll see.

Quote:No, the Turkish Delights came from the witch. They're more like devil's... food... cake.
Agreed!

06-03-2008, 11:36 PM

Inter Alia Wrote:Will Mike Meyers top Sandler at the box office???

This was actually a "Toss Up" question on P.T.I., last night...

06-04-2008, 09:47 AM

No one wins in that battle.
06-04-2008, 10:23 AM

Indy 4 rocked pretty hard in my opinion. Could've done with some Connery, but it definitely felt like a solid entry, having watched the original trilogy in consecutive days before seeing the new one.