March 6 & 7
01-06-2008, 10:12 PM
March 6 & 7
It's official: Those are the dates of our big shows at the Triple Door. I'm not sure when tickets go on sale, but you can keep an eye on http://www.tripledoor.net for updates. (As I write this, there's nothing on the site about these shows yet.) At least one--possibly both--of these nights will be all-ages.

These shows will be a two-fold celebration for us. First, of course, it's the 10th anniversary of Merrymakers (the London/Sire release, on March 31, 1998). Second, it'll be a sort of kick-off for what will hopefully be a productive year. Like last year, we don't plan to play many shows in 2008, but we'll be devoting our time to working on new material.

At the Triple Door shows, we'll be playing all three albums, in their entirety, in order. No opening bands. Just three HD sets. This is the only time this will ever happen, and the only time some of these songs will ever be heard live. Plus, the Triple Door is an amazing venue, with no bad seats and great food.

So there's your advance warning. Hope to see you there. The rest of the details will be coming soon...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2008, 12:38 AM

Mon Dieu!

Booking Flight + Hotels now... Where should we stay? I have a relatively good budget, but I don't want to spend a fortune, yet I'd like to stay somewhere awesome. So far, the most appealing hotels, within the price range, seem to be in the "down-town" area (Westin Seattle and the Hotel Andra). Suggestions anyone?
01-07-2008, 04:16 AM

And travel agent Rob kicks into high gear.

Rich, we shall be in contact
01-07-2008, 04:38 AM

yay im gonna ask my ride if i can go. i most likely will be attending the fri show... whee, the harvey danger mountain of KICK ARSE NESS... want me to bring the pic of mindy i drew?

get a roll of toilet paper. write MHS on it. or go chiefs. then say happy 10 yr reunion, miss frye.
sorry adam your oven is warm/just kick it/no suryp for your pancakes panties stickyfingers corson.
my birthday is 2/19/80....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2008, 07:12 AM

Another flight to Seattle...
I hope my health improves, by mid-February... (Sciatica)
01-07-2008, 07:37 AM

I'm there with bells on. Well I probably won't actually have bells on...

Any info on whether it will be the original release of LBL or the KRS release? I suppose it's only a one song difference but I do personally really like Incommunicado (and have already heard Picture, Picture live) and I also prefer the original track order.

Me=super excited. Now I just have to wait to get paid on Wednesday so I can purchase my tickets (plane and concert). I was wondering if there was going to be any available couch or floor space in a Seattlites apartment that weekend? And/or if anyone wants to let me contribute toward a group hotel room?

Disembodied ringlets from hair that looks like Carrie Underwood's.
01-07-2008, 08:08 AM

Looks like we need to start a roll call of interested non-Seattle-ites (??) and coordinate this shin-dig

So...4 of us so far? 2x Chicago, 1x NYC, 1x DC

Calling Texas, Florida, and other New Yorkers....plus anybody else.
01-07-2008, 09:57 AM

I'm definitely in for that. Feel free to let me know if you need anything from me to aid in the process.

And, since no one has commented on it yet, NEW MATERIAL!!!??!?!?!??! Hopefully this means a new album in the not too distant future and maybe a small non-west coast tour? Maybe I hope too much. But it is still fun to speculate.

Disembodied ringlets from hair that looks like Carrie Underwood's.
01-07-2008, 11:54 AM

I get back to Illinois tomorrow and would like to coördinate with the other Illinois people.
01-07-2008, 12:25 PM

i think i might drive cross country for this from richmond, virginia. i'm making plans right now.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2008, 12:52 PM

All three albums, in order. should mean the hook from "Fuel Carjack" be included...
Even if backwards...

Can't there be lottery/vote for ONE unreleased/alternate song???
This time, it's all about "Elvis"...
01-07-2008, 02:15 PM

Hmm. Perhaps, Seattleites, it is time.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
01-07-2008, 02:26 PM

Turning in all of your beer bottles for deposit, all at once???
Or is it all the $$$ you saved from not having cable TV???
01-07-2008, 02:59 PM

I'll be coming from MI, likely flying out of Chicago. Be happy to coordinate.
01-07-2008, 03:15 PM

TTD Looks like a really nice place to go for live music.

How the hell did those of us who went to the reunion show do this? Brant is onto something....there are some decent hotels at good prices right in downtown. I wouldn't recommend the hotels around the airport....

Rich, we are not driving around Seattle at 2am looking for a pink elephant car wash....or something.

Stupid question...maybe...but I take it those who are thinking about traveling are coming out for both shows?