Sean Nelson solo, tomorrow night at Vera
07-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Sean Nelson solo, tomorrow night at Vera
Says The Great One via MySpace bulletin:

" Heat seekers,

I am playing a show all by myself (though I am billed as Sean Nelson and His Mortal Enemies) TOMORROW at the Vera Project, which is now in Seattle Center. I'm doing it because Vera is awesome, obviously, and because I'm trying to get my nerve up to play by myself from time to time. I'll be playing a short set (45 minutes or less!) filled with originals and songs by the Kinks, Leonard Cohen, and other fine humanzees.

I will share the stage with such fine bands as the Catch, With Friends Like These, and Paper or Plastic.

Doors are at 7:30 and I play at 9:30, which is early, so you can still go out to the discotheque afterwards!

Show costs $6 or $5 with a club card, which also saves you up to 10% on groceries!

Vera is now on Seattle Center campus so there is no street address, but we are located at the corner of Warren Ave. N and Republican.

For more details about the other acts, I leave you with Vera's own words
This show features more talent than we can possibly fit into The Vera Project. These three bands represent some of the most successful musicians to come out of Seattle in the past decade. With Friends Like These features lead singer Matthew Shaw, whose solo-career earned him notoriety throughout the town. Don’t mistake With Friends Like These with Shaw’s earlier solo work, he has temporarily given up the electronic-pop for some splitting post-hardcore. Banging the drums for With Friends Like These is the venerable Justin Cronk, formerly of Vendetta Red. ... OMITTING THE BIT ABOUT ME... Even though The Catch are still young they have influenced numerous up and coming bands in Seattle. Opening the show will be the upcoming power-pop of Portland’s own Paper or Plastic. Be there for this excellent show."

This is what he ommited: "Also playing will be another Seattle star (not like the TV Show) Sean Nelson. You certainly know him from his work with Harvey Danger, and The Long Winters. Now, he returns with more ultra-literate power-pop that is sure to make you bounce your socks off."

Someone bootleg it for me pleeeeeease?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2007, 12:09 PM

Hey guess what.

I'm going.

you aren't.

AGAIN.

I love this game, i think I'll play again with you guys in august

Gun don't kill babies, babies kill babies.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2007, 01:12 PM

damn. i was so upset when i saw this show listing. i have to work. sad sad sad. and the stupid atlas clothing stage got shut down so i can't go to the show on saturday i wanted to either. my whole weekend is blown! now what am i going to do? *is sad*
07-12-2007, 10:29 PM

[insert snide remark about loserwire, but one that doesn't really take away from the pain of being on the complete opposite coast of all events Harvey Danger]
07-13-2007, 03:07 AM

LoserWire Wrote:Hey guess what.

I'm going.

you aren't.

AGAIN.

I love this game, i think I'll play again with you guys in august

I'm seeing Interpol on August 20th and you're not?
07-13-2007, 03:44 PM

Bah, the new album blows corporate fake post punk crap.

Gun don't kill babies, babies kill babies.
07-14-2007, 02:24 AM

What a lovely show. (I was the guy in the black Moses Lake wrestling t-shirt with the tall friend who talks too much.) I hadn't been to the new Vera place and it is just as lovely as I'd hoped it would be--nay, lovelier!
07-14-2007, 04:00 AM

LoserWire Wrote:Bah, the new album blows corporate fake post punk crap.

All lies. I mean I've only heard two tracks off it but they both rocked as good as the first two albums. So nyer. I'll be sure to think of you when they play PDA.
07-14-2007, 11:31 AM

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!! Why do I have to find out about these things too late?!?!

Pray to the God that you don't quite believe in
To bless this fleeting moment
Yeah, YEAH, YEAH!