What's Wrong With You?
07-03-2007, 08:52 PM

Poison Tongue Wrote:-My delusions of grandeur make Walter Mitty look as meticulous as Enrico Fermi...

That's the second time I've seen Enrico Fermi referenced this week. Huh.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2007, 09:35 PM

I can never stop bragging about how big I am...

Gun don't kill babies, babies kill babies.
07-03-2007, 10:24 PM

This is the most depressing thread I've ever seen, here or elsewhere.
Find all posts by this user
07-03-2007, 10:36 PM

LoserWire Wrote:I can never stop bragging about how big I am...

We get it, you've been taking Enzyte for awhile...

[Image: home_hl.gif]
07-04-2007, 12:04 AM

I've been since about 5.

I was a girl scout.

once.

07-04-2007, 01:35 AM

johnnyfootballhero Wrote:This is the most depressing thread I've ever seen, here or elsewhere.
Hooray!

Love Potato
07-04-2007, 06:11 AM

captainbanjo Wrote:Other stuff... hmm. I appear to have little or no desire to become a productive member of society, as such I avoid working for as long as people let me get away with it. When I am working I get annoyed that many people seem to do so little at work, yet think they do so much.

I highly recommend Tom Hodgkinson's book How To Be Free. It validated everything I've ever felt and believed about work.

Btw, welcome home. Nice fucking weather huh?

Stories of rags to riches leave me in stitches...
07-04-2007, 06:22 AM

Oh yeah, just lovely. Feels like being home at least.

I think bits of "How To Be Free" may well read like one of my pub rants about work, by the sounds of it. The idler is pushing playing the uke as well, and I've been stuffing them down people's throats for years. I may have to read a bit in my local Waterstone's or something...

Love Potato
07-04-2007, 06:26 AM
Re: What's Wrong With You?
Jordyn Wrote:This is some therapy I could really use right now, since last night, after 18 months without one, I had a pretty bad seizure. I was about to get ready for bed when I got suddenly dizzy, blacked out, seized, and woke up on the floor with my husband keeping my bloody hair out of my face. See, I had landed really hard and got a big cut on my left side, a few inches above my ear. We made a trip to the emergency room, and 4 stitches and a tetanus shot later, I'm starting to get upset at the return of a problem I had assumed was solved.

So what's wrong with you? Brain spiders? Bad knees? A weird dent in your head you've had since infancy?

Sad hope you're feeling ok.

I fell like this is nothing in comparison to those who've listed their problems before me, but I had a nervous breakdown at 15, serious depression, anxiety, self harm (of a sort) and social phobia. Nearly ruined my entire education and was generally a miserable episode. Took me a long time to be fully better (5 or 6 years I suppose), but I still feel like I have to be careful not to slip down during very stressful periods. I'm a lucky girl to be so happy these days.

My only serious physical injury was when I poured a kettle full of boiling water over my arm when I was two. I have a kick ass scar on my arm that I forget even exists. I suppose I was pretty lucky actually. I don't even remember it. Which is a shame, but apparently I let out a legendary scream. My only sadness is that my Dad always blamed himself.

The worst thing of all about my life though is that I love reality tv. It's a serious, serious disease, people.

07-04-2007, 06:34 AM

captainbanjo Wrote:Oh yeah, just lovely. Feels like being home at least.

I think bits of "How To Be Free" may well read like one of my pub rants about work, by the sounds of it. The idler is pushing playing the uke as well, and I've been stuffing them down people's throats for years. I may have to read a bit in my local Waterstone's or something...

Yeah, occasionally I make the mistake of actually getting the Idler (it's a waste of money mostly, but you can't blame Tom H for trying, the lazy bastard). I have the ukelele special, or something. It has some nice little bits by Bill Drummond about his new adventures in ukedom. Now his autobiography is certainly worth reading.

Tom's other book, How to be Idle, isn't so good as HTBFree, but if you might enjoy validations for lounging around smoking, drinking and fishing, and i suspect you might, then its ok.

07-04-2007, 06:36 AM
Social phobia that almost ruined your education and too much bad reality television? We're not too different, you and I!
07-04-2007, 06:42 AM
dchris Wrote:Social phobia that almost ruined your education and too much bad reality television? We're not too different, you and I!

Smile I knew exactly what you meant with the talking to strangers thing.

07-04-2007, 08:55 AM

Poison Tongue Wrote:-I got married at 28, because I believed if I didn't do it, I'd die alone...

See, I was afraid of this happening, but recently I've decided my own mortality is a fraudulent ruse to keep me in my place. While I wouldn't say I have a death wish, if I make it to the age of 50 I'll be mighty surprised.

Poison Tongue Wrote:-I'm obsessed with planetary sandwiches... If you've got a fart that could double as a bicycle, I'd most likely want you...

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
07-04-2007, 09:08 AM

Fart bicycles!

07-04-2007, 09:11 AM

sass Wrote:The worst thing of all about my life though is that I love reality tv. It's a serious, serious disease, people.

You sure ain't kidding, damn the BBC, and Gordon Ramsey!!!

Myrrth Sicopath Wrote:I'm obsessed with planetary sandwiches... If you've got a fart that could double as a bicycle, I'd most likely want you...

You're really not that far off...

LoserWire Wrote:I hate 99.9% of all the music I've ever listened to.

FIXED!!!