What's Wrong With You?
07-02-2007, 09:11 PM
What's Wrong With You?
If there's one thing I've learned, it's don't talk to phone kiosk people at the mall.

When hard pressed for another thing I've learned, it would have to be that everyone has something wrong with them. No one is 100% healthy. And I've found that a good way to feel better about what's wrong with you, is to hear about the million things wrong with everyone else.

This is some therapy I could really use right now, since last night, after 18 months without one, I had a pretty bad seizure. I was about to get ready for bed when I got suddenly dizzy, blacked out, seized, and woke up on the floor with my husband keeping my bloody hair out of my face. See, I had landed really hard and got a big cut on my left side, a few inches above my ear. We made a trip to the emergency room, and 4 stitches and a tetanus shot later, I'm starting to get upset at the return of a problem I had assumed was solved.

So what's wrong with you? Brain spiders? Bad knees? A weird dent in your head you've had since infancy?

Jordyn's DCAU Livejournal
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2007, 11:02 PM

When I was young I experienced dissociative fugue, and ever since then I've believed that I have a split personality, and I feed this belief because I like talking with him.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
07-03-2007, 03:04 AM

Um, I gotta go to work, can I get back to you on this???
07-03-2007, 06:24 AM

Oooh I like this kind of thing.

Erm, physically, I tore my right quad playing football while drunk a few years ago and it's not healed correctly because I'm stupid, so every now and then it really hurts... in the worse cases I just fall over if I over exert it. I've got a nasty nicotine and caffeine addiction going on, and I have what feels like an extra nipple, but is actually just a lump of skin, on the top of my head.

Other stuff... hmm. I appear to have little or no desire to become a productive member of society, as such I avoid working for as long as people let me get away with it. When I am working I get annoyed that many people seem to do so little at work, yet think they do so much. When I get drunk I'm either very jolly or a complete arsehole, tending towards the latter of late.

Oh yeah, and, of late, whenever people complain about anything, including myself, I suggest that "What you need is a gun," which is amusing for some, and worrying for others.

P.S. I'm back from my world trip for those who might be curious, but didn't otherwise know. Which I would imagine, is, er, few of you.

P.P.S. Hope your head's feeling a bit better Jordyn.

Love Potato
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2007, 07:04 AM

I was diagnosed with a learning disability at a young age, symbol dealings are impaired, mostly. Hard to spel tings.

Oh, and about twice a year now I get migraines so bad that I can't do a thing all day and I don't get over it for about a week. Just started this a few years ago, and boy was the first time scary.

Other than that, I'm absolutely perfect. Big Grin

Except that I was kicked in the head by a horse at the age of 8.
07-03-2007, 12:54 PM

I hate 99.9% of music.

Gun don't kill babies, babies kill babies.
07-03-2007, 01:15 PM

LoserWire Wrote:I hate 99.9% of music.
i don't believe you.
07-03-2007, 01:36 PM

and why not?

07-03-2007, 02:26 PM

well, for starters, you probably haven't heard even 1% of all music.
07-03-2007, 05:46 PM

I laugh in highly inappropriate situations and am terrified of telephones. I'm also prone to passing out if i change my posture. Suspicious migranes, bobbly knees, intricate fantasy worlds involving inanimate objects, abdominal aortic aneurysm and hypochondria.

I tend to look at people as if they are the weirdos. It makes me feel better.
07-03-2007, 05:50 PM

The hospital decided today to begin billing me all over again for my broken arm 4½ years ago.
07-03-2007, 06:32 PM

I hate talking to people I don't know. (IRL talking, obviously.) I generally spend about 75% of my day thinking "Oh god, he's not going to try and talk to me, is he? How can I get out of this?"

My back hurts most of the time.

I've experienced regular episodes of sleep paralysis since I was a teenager (being conscious while falling asleep/waking up but unable to move/talk), as well as a tendency to space out and not be aware in receptive situations such as at movies or when other people are talking -- incuding, unfortunately, my professors and even worse, my students. I often get so tired during the day that I spend my lunch break napping in my car. I've recently learned that this might be narcolepsy, so there's that.

edited for clarity
07-03-2007, 07:13 PM

WELL FINE.

I CAN NOT talk to people i don't feel like, and unless I'm 100% dressed to go out for success i will not leave, I am THAT self conscious.

07-03-2007, 08:27 PM

Whew, where to start???

-I tore the ACL in my knee in 1985, and have a constant limp from it...
-Although I had a successful 7yr career as a U.S. Marine, my self-confidence was completely shot after I crushed 2 discs in my spine, and was medically discharged almost immediately after surgery...
-I had a cancer scare 3yrs ago, and I only quit smoking for 8 days...
-I was diagnosed with diabetes, but I shake off my doctor's threats that I'm going to lose my feet, or my kidneys will shut down over time, because I still think I'm the indestructible athlete/soldier I was 20 years ago...
-I got married at 28, because I believed if I didn't do it, I'd die alone...
-If I didn't have a union job with people to protect me from my own brazen and disrespectful outbursts, I'd probably be homeless...
-I have an obsession with streams; if I see rocks/objects impeding the constant flow of water, I must go in, and move the obstructions... 2 weeks ago, I was at it for about 3 hours...
-I also end all sentences with 3 periods , because I feel everything I say is an unfinished thought...
-My delusions of grandeur make Walter Mitty look as meticulous as Enrico Fermi...
(Mad-Libs Confession)
-I'm obsessed with (adjective) (plural noun)... If you've got a (noun) that could double as a (piece of sporting equipment), I'd most likely want you...
07-03-2007, 08:50 PM

I've got a messed up heartbeat and a history of heart disease in my family, so I'll be happy to make it to forty-five. I'll still be paying off my college loans at that point.