Golden West/Sounds Major
02-08-2018, 11:29 PM
Golden West/Sounds Major
I need to stop making posts after midnight, jeez.

Sean Nelson has turned me into a hipster that only listens to nerd music before it's cool, but...where is his music? I know where to find Make Good Choices, of course, and I'm not hating on the album, it's great, but I know there's more songs that aren't publicly available. I've found some studio tracks from Golden West from wayback machine (https://web.archive.org/web/200607092102...oldenwest/ , if you're interested), but on Sean's Myspace is broken links to the "Beat Goes On 2006" and "Old Boy". I know that the Beat Goes On is a musical series that goes from 2004-2007, and 2005 is available in the link provided. So if anyone could show me where to find the other SOTGW songs (and their logical track order), that would be much appreciated.

I'm having a much different issue on the topic of Sounds Major. Yes, most of their songs are available as live recordings on YouTube, but who am I to pass up their studio album? I can't for the life of me find their in-studio recordings anywhere. I guess they had a Bandcamp at one point, but that link is long broken. If you know me as well as Johnnyfootballhero does, you'll know that I am a collector. And I have found so many awesome tidbits of Sean's and Harvey Danger's awesome work. But there's always more information than you asked for, I guess.

Help, I've run out of obscure references to put as my signature. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2018, 11:30 PM
RE: Golden West/Sounds Major
And no, I don't own the original HD demo tape. Don't let the tag fool you.

02-09-2018, 12:04 AM
This is the first I've heard of Sounds Major having studio recordings.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
02-09-2018, 09:19 AM
(02-09-2018 12:04 AM)johnnyfootballhero Wrote:  This is the first I've heard of Sounds Major having studio recordings.

Judging by its album cover, I would suggest it does, at least. https://image.ibb.co/dFAxLc/SN_Sounds_Major.jpg

02-09-2018, 03:55 PM
That does not look to me like an album cover.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
02-11-2018, 07:31 PM
(02-09-2018 03:55 PM)johnnyfootballhero Wrote:  That does not look to me like an album cover.

It was a flyer for a show I believe...

There were demos of "Attack And Retreat", "All Time Low" and "Shark" that were posted somewhere....
02-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Quote:There were demos of "Attack And Retreat", "All Time Low" and "Shark" that were posted somewhere....

To my understanding, they were on Sounds Major's Bandcamp, which is now defunct.