Extreme Sports
10-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Extreme Sports
So I've been stalking Sean's Instagram page (because why not) and stumbled across this: https://image.ibb.co/ksXT6G/Screenshot_2...0_46_1.png
a compilation cassette of rock/indie songs from the 90s featuring Flagpole Sitta (is this the album version or some original mix, who knows?). Anyway, I looked it up online, and found...absolutely nothing. Let me know if you have any more info on this lost cassette. Thanks-

To be fair, you have to have a high IQ to understand Harvey Danger...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2017, 03:18 PM
RE: Extreme Sports
(10-10-2017 08:57 PM)batfan01 Wrote:  So I've been stalking Sean's Instagram page (because why not) and stumbled across this: https://image.ibb.co/ksXT6G/Screenshot_2...0_46_1.png
a compilation cassette of rock/indie songs from the 90s featuring Flagpole Sitta (is this the album version or some original mix, who knows?). Anyway, I looked it up online, and found...absolutely nothing. Let me know if you have any more info on this lost cassette. Thanks-

I don't know anything about this tape, but my guess, based on Sean's sardonic sense of humor, is that it's just some tape he spotted somewhere where Flagpole got thrown on with a bunch of jock jams, a bit contra the spirit of the band and song. I would thus bet anything that it would be the album version. Smile

That's a lot of Sherman tanks!
10-11-2017, 06:38 PM
Quote:he spotted somewhere where Flagpole got thrown on with a bunch of jock jams, a bit contra the spirit of the band and song. I would thus bet anything that it would be the album version. Smile

But wouldn't they need the bands' permission to put their songs on the tape? From what I could tell, this tape looked like it was being sold at some sort of music store.

10-11-2017, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 06:44 PM by Dr. Myrrth Sicopath.)
The rights to WHATMMG and KJV are both tied up somewhere else. I vaguely remember when the WHATMMG vinyl was pitched, Sean thought it would be impossible for the vinyl pressers to get the rights to release it, but then a miracle happened.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
10-11-2017, 09:04 PM
now, if there was any way to get kjv on vinyl..!
10-11-2017, 09:56 PM
(10-11-2017 09:04 PM)AnExtraInSomeBackground Wrote:  now, if there was any way to get kjv on vinyl..!

Wait, isn't kjv already on vinyl/cassette? I thought it was but there were very few in existence..

10-11-2017, 10:00 PM
Never on vinyl. I can't find any evidence of a cassette either.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
10-12-2017, 07:15 AM
(10-11-2017 10:00 PM)johnnyfootballhero Wrote:  Never on vinyl. I can't find any evidence of a cassette either.

Seconded. *Certainly* not on vinyl. 2000 was well beyond the twilight era when major label releases would even get limited or club vinyl releases, and several years prior to any sort of revival, even for indies.

Seeing KJV on vinyl one day would be wonderful, but I daresay short of a broad critical & popular reappraisal of the band, there's no market for that beyond the like 10 people on here. Smile And if there's no market, the label that owns won't bother, and unlikely someone smaller would be willing to try to wrest a license from the label.

No Sleep did the (good!) Merrymakers pressing a few years ago, and they made a fuss about it, but my sense was that it didn't sell as quickly or make a big a splash as they'd imagined. And if *Merrymakers* didn't reconnect with the masses in a vinyl release... :shrug:

I'd love to see it, and I'd throw some funding at it, but it would have to be a small label's loss-leading labor of love to get it done.

That's a lot of Sherman tanks!
10-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Merrymakers was from the CD master, though, which talked me out of getting or wanting it.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
10-15-2017, 11:31 AM
i had heard there were initial plans for the same label to press KJV, but i don't think merrymakers sold enough to make it worth it. or they abandoned the plan for some other reason. i'm pretty sure the vinyl bubble burst a year or two ago anyway, so i don't think it would make much sense for any label to press it. that bums me out. if i'm ever independently wealthy, the first things i want to do is press KJV and dead sea scrolls on LP.