Mortal Enemies--Where are they now?
10-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Mortal Enemies--Where are they now?
Somewhat recently I mentioned the topic of the musical groups Sean's been part of since leaving Harvey Danger. I downloaded Make Good Choices from Spotify (which is an option for premium users. The more you know.)
But after reviewing this thread: http://www.harveydanger.com/bb/showthrea...p3+artwork , it dawned on me that Sean didn't just make Make Good Choices and then retire to his island hut in the Maldives...he made other albums. Nelson Sings Nilsson, for one. The interesting about NsN is that all of the songs on the album is currently available on YouTube (yes, the in-studio recordings). Other albums of his, unfortunately, aren't as easily available.
Referring to the link previously mentioned, we know that Sean has released albums/extended plays titled "C'eci ne pas de tour ep", which translates to "This is not a tour ep". There's also Society of the Golden West, Sounds Major, Not Good Choices, and Jaunty Demos. Not Good Choices is entirely available on the Sean Nelson USB, which if you don't have, I will gladly email to you.
However, Not a Tour EP, Jaunty Demos, Sounds Major, and Golden West are all lost on me. Some of the stuff from Tour EP you can find on the USB, but not everything. Trust me, I've looked for the hidden stuff everywhere I could. MySpace, Last.fm, you name it.
And that my friends, is where I need your help. I will make it worthwhile to whoever can help find the missing (in-studio, not live performance versions) tracks to the "forbidden" Sean Nelson songs. Peace!

To be fair, you have to have a high IQ to understand Harvey Danger...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2017, 09:06 AM
RE: Mortal Enemies--Where are they now?
(10-05-2017 08:10 PM)batfan01 Wrote:  However, Not a Tour EP, Jaunty Demos, Sounds Major, and Golden West are all lost on me. Some of the stuff from Tour EP you can find on the USB, but not everything. Trust me, I've looked for the hidden stuff everywhere I could. MySpace, Last.fm, you name it.

For the benefit of batfan and anyone else whose HD-adjacent library is devoid of it, the links to the three m4a files on this wayback page still work to download the Society of the Golden West rough demos:
https://web.archive.org/web/200607201356...oldenwest/

Commentary: "Powers of Suggestion" is very good.

That's a lot of Sherman tanks!
10-08-2017, 09:53 AM
Couldn't thank you enough Big Grin

To be fair, you have to have a high IQ to understand Harvey Danger...
10-09-2017, 08:46 AM
(10-08-2017 09:53 AM)batfan01 Wrote:  Couldn't thank you enough Big Grin

Other interesting things in the other links, too.
10-10-2017, 03:47 PM
I never wrote a term paper, but I did bring Carlotta Valdes into a class lecture about Vertigo.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.