Problems viewing accounts
09-15-2017, 08:35 AM
Problems viewing accounts
Does anyone else have a problem trying to access someone's (or your own) profile on this forum? Whenever I click onto any profile─including my own, a message appears that reads:

"This site can’t be reached. The webpage at http://www.harveydanger.com/bb/member.ph...&uid=13894 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED"

Let me know if there are ways to fix this problem. Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2017, 10:00 AM
RE: Problems viewing accounts
(09-15-2017 08:35 AM)batfan01 Wrote:  Does anyone else have a problem trying to access someone's (or your own) profile on this forum?

The forum has been sorta bitrotting slowly, sometimes things stop working, including that feature apparently. I believe Jeff L had been maintaining the server that hosts all of this, and presumably he still is responsible for it. The copyright date at the bottom of the pages implies that if nothing else the MyBB software is getting updates.

Someone else may have more admin rights or knowledge, but understanding has always been that the forum exists a bit frozen in time with just a few people popping in occasionally, and that we go by the grace of God, Jeff, open source, and hosting bills. I assume one day it'll quietly just go lights-out and, well, until then, party on.

That's a lot of Sherman tanks!
09-15-2017, 10:18 AM
RE: Problems viewing accounts
Quote:Someone else may have more admin rights or knowledge, but understanding has always been that the forum exists a bit frozen in time with just a few people popping in occasionally, and that we go by the grace of God, Jeff, open source, and hosting bills. I assume one day it'll quietly just go lights-out and, well, until then, party on.

That got dark pretty quickly. I guess broken profiles are a small price to pay to have the forum alive though.