Oh boy, another forum by batfan01
08-28-2017, 05:41 PM
Oh boy, another forum by batfan01
Yes, my infinity-eth post on this board. And yes, I need something from someone (sound familiar)

I'm not gonna lie here, I have none of the tracks from Nelson Sings Nilsson or Society of the Golden West. Do I dare even call myself a fan on Sean? I looked on Sean's Soundcloud for the NsN songs (nothing....of course), so now I turn to the users of harveydanger.com/bb. If anyone has the tracks of NsN or SotGW, let me know. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2017, 06:16 PM
RE: Oh boy, another forum by batfan01
Oh, and Sounds Major. I don't have that either. I actually almost forgot that existed. If you help me find the songs from these albums(?) that would be great. Bless your face, and if you sneezed just now, bless you.
09-04-2017, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017 02:15 PM by Dr. Myrrth Sicopath.)
It appears NSN just surfaced in its own thread. I maintain, although I've been disagreed with, that Brooklyn Bridge and Jesus Kids are both SOTGW, although there are at least four other tracks you'll probably need. What was in Sounds Major?

Also here's a video performance that used to be on a somewhat rare DVD which we passed around almost a decade ago.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
09-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Ya know, I used to think I knew everything about Sean Nelson. Sounds Major, Sounds Major... The tracks are as follows

All-Time Low
Viral Love (very new, working title...Possibly called "Copland" instead)
Space Between the Moon
Dumb Show
Throwing Your Voice (Damien Jurado cover)
Saw You Naked
Protest Song
Saratoga Springs
Bumper Sticker
Shark
Paris 1919 (John Cale cover)

And one of these bands (SOTGW, I believe) features a few songs titled "The Beat Goes On" from 2004-2008, which, as far as I can tell, are presently unavailable.

I've found live recordings of a few Sounds Major songs including "Shark" and "Paris 1919", but if you know anything about me, you'll know I'm a sucker for in-studio recordings (especially the incredibly rare ones).
09-04-2017, 06:55 PM
(09-04-2017 04:31 PM)batfan01 Wrote:  And one of these bands (SOTGW, I believe) features a few songs titled "The Beat Goes On" from 2004-2008, which, as far as I can tell, are presently unavailable

Try here?

https://myspace.com/societyofthegoldenwest/music/songs
09-04-2017, 06:58 PM
I have access to 4 songs, one of them being The Beat Goes On 2004, but they're not playing. Is this a Myspace problem or a Batfan01 problem?
09-04-2017, 07:00 PM
(09-04-2017 06:55 PM)James Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 04:31 PM)batfan01 Wrote:  And one of these bands (SOTGW, I believe) features a few songs titled "The Beat Goes On" from 2004-2008, which, as far as I can tell, are presently unavailable

Try here?

That page used to work (maybe a year ago), but I can't get it to work now.

FWIW, I like the solo Sean Nelson version of Exile on Baker Street much better than this one.
09-04-2017, 07:07 PM
Try here?

[/quote]

That page used to work (maybe a year ago), but I can't get it to work now.

FWIW, I like the solo Sean Nelson version of Exile on Baker Street much better than this one.
[/quote]

I just made an account, and after giving Myspace my hometown, the thing still wouldn't work. This doesn't stop me from finding those songs though.