Dead Sea Scrolls demos
08-26-2017, 10:36 AM
Dead Sea Scrolls demos
So, we know there's both a demo and album version of Diminishing Returns (the former of which I preferred), but are there "lost" album versions of Mainland and/or You Look So Happy? Technically, there's Main Line, but that never was on any albums. Let me know what you guys think
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2017, 06:40 PM
RE: Dead Sea Scrolls demos
I feel like Mainland had a live version somewhere that might have also been called Mainline...
I have not ever heard of a second You Look So Happy recording. Sean refers to the denouement as a separate piece that grew to be included, so scouring old live business might prove interesting, but I don't know. Unless you can personally pay a visit to the University of Washington media library I suspect a lot of the trivia is lost to the ages.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
08-27-2017, 04:48 AM
The band went on hiatus right after recording "Mainland."

Approximately the last minute of "You Look So Happy" was considered as an album cut before getting scrapped.

Friends like you, you know the rest.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
08-27-2017, 06:36 AM
(08-27-2017 04:48 AM)johnnyfootballhero Wrote:  The band went on hiatus right after recording "Mainland."

Approximately the last minute of "You Look So Happy" was considered as an album cut before getting scrapped.

Friends like you, you know the rest.

And now I know

[GI Joe theme plays in background]