Unreleased HD CD's
06-06-2017, 01:28 PM
Thumbs Up Unreleased HD CD's
So, I'm trying to improve upon my Harvey Danger music CD collection. So far, I've got:

Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone?
King James Version
Little by Little
In-Store Play Sampler
Cream and Bastards Rise
Little Round Mirrors

The other albums/EP's/etc. are rather difficult to find and a few (I believe) have been lost in time or otherwise unheard of. These include:

Flagpole Sitta
Private Helicopter
Sometimes You Have to Work on Christmas (Sometimes)
Dead Sea Scrolls*
1994 Demo Tape
1996 Demo Tape
Unreleased Stuff

*I know that Dead Sea Scrolls is available for download on harveydanger.com, but that doesn't really help here. Anyway, I don't intend to sound as if I'm begging for someone to help me find these lost pieces of media, but if anyone has any idea of the whereabouts of these albums, please let me know. Peace!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2017, 03:32 AM
RE: Unreleased HD CD's
I found "...Christmas" on Amazon (used, third party seller); several others were on eBay.

If you're going for a complete collection, there are a few others:
"Authenticity" - a 1-track promo in connection with a film soundtrack. Full ending, whereas the album version overlaps with the next track.
"Save It For Later" - same as above. [Identical to the version on the "100 Cigarettes" soundtrack and "Dead Sea Scrolls."]
The Circuit City EP - an untitled three-track bonus disc included with "King James Version" exclusively at Circuit City, hence the nickname. [All three tracks are on "Dead Sea Scrolls."]
"Sad Sweetheart of the Rodeo" - the intro to the radio edit is a couple bars shorter, with no lead guitar.
"Fuel: A compilation" - I've never seen this one, but it includes an alternate, slow version of "Carjack Fever." (Said to be similar to the version on the 1996 demo tape, but a different take.)

Apparently there is another various artist compilation from 1994 or so, that includes an otherwise unavailable cover song. I don't remember the title of the album or song, or where I read this information (maybe somewhere on this forum but maybe not), so it remains a point of some mild frustration which I now bequeath to you because sharing is caring.

Also, there are two versions of the "Little By Little" CD. The content is the same, but rearranged. The original edition, on Phonographic Records, had "Incommunicado" in the album running order, with "Picture Picture" on the accompanying bonus disc. When Kill Rock Stars reissued the album, the tracks had basically swapped places.

The band never issued a live CD, but live content is legitimately available. Baeble Music issued a DVD of part of a 2006 performance at the Mercury Lounge. Not dazzling quality, but it's the band's only live commercial release on physical media. You can also listen to authorized recordings of several of their Crocodile Café shows at https://soundcloud.com/uwlibraries/sets/...ollection, and there are some additional shows, primarily audience-taped, at https://archive.org/details/HarveyDanger.
06-09-2017, 02:10 AM
Heavens, where to begin?

Private Helicopter, like Sad Sweetheart of the Rodeo, is strictly a promo with a radio edit. I own the only copy I've ever seen in person, but I don't think it's really rare.

We have a copy of FUEL "A Compilation" in the next room. I can take a picture if there's none online.

(06-08-2017 03:32 AM)shrubneptune Wrote:  Apparently there is another various artist compilation from 1994 or so, that includes an otherwise unavailable cover song. I don't remember the title of the album or song, or where I read this information (maybe somewhere on this forum but maybe not), so it remains a point of some mild frustration which I now bequeath to you because sharing is caring.

Unless you're talking about a bootleg from before Sean was in the band, I think there's been some misunderstanding. There are, however, alternate mixes of "Flagpole Sitta" on The New Seattle Music Scene (1997) and "Wrecking Ball" on Genre-Fest, Vol. 1 (1998).

Hope this helps!
06-10-2017, 01:13 PM
You have the good stuff already. Dead Sea Scrolls subsumes lots of the other little releases. Sourcing an original compact disc of that may take some effort, but burning the downloaded version gets you 99% of the way there Wink (Does anyone have CD burners anymore?)

The FUEL compilation can be purchased for a song from Discogs:
https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/2453390?ev=rb

As can several of the other titles inc the Work On Christmas EP.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/501236-Harvey-Danger-2

I wouldn't worry about the Unreleased Stuff set, the Circuit City thing, the "singles", or the '96 tape-- it's pretty much all available elsewhere easily (Dead Sea Scrolls).

(The 6-song '94 demo tape is quite different and has some offbeat but also kind of screechy and bad music on it. For completists only, and there are certainly digital rips of it floating around to avoid the need to look for a cassette player in addition to the cassette.)

That's a lot of Sherman tanks!
06-10-2017, 07:42 PM
And there's no confirmed release of "Chef Boyardee."

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
06-10-2017, 10:44 PM
(06-10-2017 07:42 PM)johnnyfootballhero Wrote:  And there's no confirmed release of "Chef Boyardee."

My high heart rate and confirmed white-trashness begs to differ.

http://www.coke-babies.com
06-14-2017, 11:58 AM
Keep in mind that what has been released on CD/tape is in no way equivalent to the content available. Even disregarding live content (if we're being savages).

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.