merrymakers vinyl test pressing
12-28-2016, 09:03 PM
merrymakers vinyl test pressing
i didnt even know that was a thing.

i bought 2 of the proper releases (just because), but my brother got me a copy of the test pressing for my birthday yesterday. gave it a listen today. its weird because it sounds the same, but its just the tiniest bit faster than the regular album releases. i thought 'carlotta' sounded a bit faster, so i got spotify out and synced up 'flagpole' and sure enough, it didnt take long before the album started to pass the stream.

it was cool, though. almost like listening to it for the first time. anyways, searched the internet to see if there were any others (only 20 made), saw one on discogs for $50. not anything special, really, but, should anyone else be interested in it..

https://www.discogs.com/Harvey-Danger-Wh...se/5936541
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2017, 12:11 AM
RE: merrymakers vinyl test pressing
FWIW, No Sleep puts up ebay auctions from time to time of these test pressings from across their catalog, and the Merrymakers one has come up several times. They do tend to run $50 or less which is delightfully reasonable for such an unusual neat thing. Follow No Sleep on twitter (@nosleeprecords) or set a saved search on ebay to catch whatever the next one is, too.

That's a lot of Sherman tanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply