Merry Christmas Anyway (Love Hotel) - request?
03-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Merry Christmas Anyway (Love Hotel) - request?
With Aaron's sad passing, I went back to my music library and queued up Love Hotel, which I've always loved.

I have what is probably a whole set of Merry Christmas Anyway tracks, but they are all in suuuuper low resolution/really, really crappy audio. Does anyone out there have a high-quality/lossless copy or even an actual CD they'd be willing to copy or sell to me?

I'd be most grateful. Many thanks.

(I'll note for any new folks that Love Hotel was one of Aaron's other bands and their marquee EP is available in HQ for free here: https://lovehotel.bandcamp.com/ )

That's a lot of Sherman tanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Merry Christmas Anyway (Love Hotel) - request?
While we're on the subject of Aaron's other bands, I know of at least six:

Self-Help Seminar
Tennessee Valley Authority
The Capillaries
The Downsound
The Weather (Campfire OK)

I believe Aaron already had left Self-Help Seminar by the time of their record. Tennessee Valley Authority and The Capillaries never released anything, as far as I know. Aaron once told me The Downsound had completed an EP. Has anyone here heard it?

I don't want this to turn into one of those "gimme music" threads, but I figure there should be some record of Aaron's diverse achievement as we celebrate his memory.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
03-11-2016, 04:42 PM
I love how I wrote "at least six" and then left out Love Hotel. I can count, honest.

But there's no later
Is there?
03-11-2016, 05:52 PM
Re: Love Hotel, link to the EP on Bandcamp is above, and for the sake of anyone wondering about the little Christmas album that started the thread, I [url="http://coldcoffeeandjuice.com/MerryChristmasAnyways.zip"]posted a ZIP of the copy I have here[/url] if you are curious-- it's off season, but it's a gem.

Music by The Weather (né Campfire OK) is easy to find on iTunes/Amazon/wherever etc. Note that the Weather's album is called Waters Electric (https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/waters...031297171)

03-11-2016, 05:54 PM
(03-11-2016 05:52 PM)lecanardnon Wrote:  Re: Love Hotel, link to the EP on Bandcamp is above, and for the sake of anyone wondering about the little Christmas album that started the thread, I posted a ZIP of the copy I have here if you are curious-- it's off season, but it's a gem.

Ughhh I can't edit and messed up the markup. Sorry:
http://coldcoffeeandjuice.com/MerryChristmasAnyways.zip

03-28-2016, 05:41 PM
When was Merry Christmas Anyways recorded anyway? Having trouble finding information on it outside this thread.
03-29-2016, 09:21 AM
I do have the CD. It was recent when I saw Love Hotel in December of 2004.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-29-2016, 05:29 PM
(03-29-2016 09:21 AM)dchris Wrote:  I do have the CD. It was recent when I saw Love Hotel in December of 2004.

That timeline sounds right to me, too. I *think* it predated the formal Masculine Feminine EP. I do know that "$12 Haircut" was one of the hidden downloadable tracks from their (very very long-defunct) website and I think that was before Masculine Feminine.

04-01-2016, 05:42 PM
(03-29-2016 09:21 AM)dchris Wrote:  I do have the CD. It was recent when I saw Love Hotel in December of 2004.

And I was there with you! Good times!

Pray to the God that you don't quite believe in
To bless this fleeting moment
Yeah, YEAH, YEAH!
04-01-2016, 05:47 PM
(03-29-2016 05:29 PM)lecanardnon Wrote:  That timeline sounds right to me, too. I *think* it predated the formal Masculine Feminine EP. I do know that "$12 Haircut" was one of the hidden downloadable tracks from their (very very long-defunct) website and I think that was before Masculine Feminine.

Fun fact, the band Love Hotel started out as a Christmas time only band called "Silver Bells". You can hear them play live on KEXP and interviewed by Sean Nelson here.

Pray to the God that you don't quite believe in
To bless this fleeting moment
Yeah, YEAH, YEAH!
12-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Bumping this thread because it's the holidays again and I'm once again on my annual search of a CD or equivalent copy of this album. Smile

I know @dchris and @jonnyfootballhero may have this CD. I've tried PMing both of you in past years but the bitrot of the board I've realized prevented any of my PMs from actually sending out. So if anyone is willing to trade a CD of this for, say, a cardboard Merrymakers, or alternately, dollars (because damn this is hard to find), then please do drop me a line at lecanardnon98102@gmail.com

Smile Grazie, and happy holidays to all out there.

12-06-2016, 11:21 PM
Hey! We've talked, remember?

Unfortunately, I do not have any actual CD by Love Hotel, much less this one. I wish I could help.

Nice to see some activity here, though!

But there's no later
Is there?