96 Demo Tape?
09-26-2015, 06:21 PM
96 Demo Tape?
Where can I get info/hear the 96 demo tape? All I really know about it is that it contains the slower and different version of Carjack Fever (which I have), but other than that I can find little on the actual tape itself.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2015, 06:18 AM
RE: 96 Demo Tape?
(09-26-2015 06:21 PM)ninjablooper Wrote:  Where can I get info/hear the 96 demo tape? All I really know about it is that it contains the slower and different version of Carjack Fever (which I have), but other than that I can find little on the actual tape itself.

It contains 3 tracks, identical on side A and side B. One of them is the earlier Carjack version that you've heard. The other two tracks are Private Helicopter and Terminal Annex, both of which are the same versions that you already know from Merrymakers, so you've pretty much already got the experience. (Google "harvey danger demo tape 1996" and you'll find more detail if you want it).

That's a lot of Sherman tanks!
10-09-2015, 12:05 AM
I've had this open to answer, and I'm baffled. I know I've seen the art for the 1996 tape online, but I can't find it anywhere now. I have the tape at my parents' house. It's one of three self-titled Harvey Danger releases, and the cover has parallel arrows in red and Harvey Danger in black.

It's true "Private Helicopter" and "Terminal Annex" are the same as on the album, but "Carjack Fever" is a little more complicated. There are two early versions of it, and I don't think this one came out anywhere else. The other one appeared on both FUEL "A Compilation" and Unreleased Recordings.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
10-12-2015, 06:17 AM
(10-09-2015 12:05 AM)johnnyfootballhero Wrote:  I've had this open to answer, and I'm baffled. I know I've seen the art for the 1996 tape online, but I can't find it anywhere now. I have the tape at my parents' house. It's one of three self-titled Harvey Danger releases, and the cover has parallel arrows in red and Harvey Danger in black.

It's true "Private Helicopter" and "Terminal Annex" are the same as on the album, but "Carjack Fever" is a little more complicated. There are two early versions of it, and I don't think this one came out anywhere else. The other one appeared on both FUEL "A Compilation" and Unreleased Recordings.

Here you go!

Pray to the God that you don't quite believe in
To bless this fleeting moment
Yeah, YEAH, YEAH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2015, 06:46 PM
Thanks, Chris!

But there's no later
Is there?
10-12-2015, 06:48 PM
That's weird: the way the site is now, I can't zoom in on it.

But there's no later
Is there?
09-14-2016, 07:31 PM
(10-12-2015 06:17 AM)TRM Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 12:05 AM)johnnyfootballhero Wrote:  I've had this open to answer, and I'm baffled. I know I've seen the art for the 1996 tape online, but I can't find it anywhere now. I have the tape at my parents' house. It's one of three self-titled Harvey Danger releases, and the cover has parallel arrows in red and Harvey Danger in black.

Here you go!

Anychance of reposting this? I can't blow it up either. Sad
09-14-2016, 07:37 PM
Just the art? Lemme see what I can do.

But there's no later
Is there?
09-14-2016, 07:40 PM
(09-14-2016 07:37 PM)johnnyfootballhero Wrote:  Just the art? Lemme see what I can do.

Yes, thanks so much!
09-14-2016, 09:30 PM
I have the tape back home, but this unfortunately is all I have of the art on my computer.

[Image: HDtapes.jpg]

But there's no later
Is there?
09-15-2016, 07:45 AM
(09-14-2016 09:30 PM)johnnyfootballhero Wrote:  I have the tape back home, but this unfortunately is all I have of the art on my computer.

[Image: HDtapes.jpg]

Thanks so very much, this helps a lot!

Although, if you or anyone that has the tape gets a chance to scan the entire tape jacket, I would be most appreciative. I'm trying to recreate/rework the art to fit the modern square format of current digital files. I took a stab thanks to your photo, but am still touching up a few things.

For me, the version of Carjack Fever here is my absolute favorite. It's a shame there's only a 128k bitrate version floating around. I hope to some day get a copy of this tape and put a 320k version up. Unless one already exists?

Lastly, thanks again, I tried to join this board years ago but couldn't get a confirmation e-mail and finally just tried using a different e-mail address and it worked. I've been wanting to be amongst fellow HD fans for a long time!
09-17-2016, 03:46 PM
Damn. I have the 96 tape somewhere around here... but I have no idea which box it's in. When I move again I'm going to have to find it and bring it back to its place of prominence.

Welcome to the boards, Jake!

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
09-18-2016, 01:46 PM
(09-17-2016 03:46 PM)Dr. Myrrth Sicopath Wrote:  Damn. I have the 96 tape somewhere around here... but I have no idea which box it's in. When I move again I'm going to have to find it and bring it back to its place of prominence.

Welcome to the boards, Jake!

Thank you!
05-27-2017, 09:37 AM
I have access to all the songs in the 96 demo tape, and I'm trying to recreate it. Is there any way you can email me a photocopied version of the cover?

Wait, is that illegal?
05-30-2017, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2017 04:47 PM by Dr. Myrrth Sicopath.)
(05-27-2017 09:37 AM)batfan01 Wrote:  I have access to all the songs in the 96 demo tape, and I'm trying to recreate it. Is there any way you can email me a photocopied version of the cover?

Wait, is that illegal?

While I still have this tape, it is currently buried in my closet amongst a number of boxes marked 'important'. However I will be sorting through old tidbits here in the next two-ish weeks looking for garage sale fodder (I am not selling that tape) and will post photos of it. Are the images above not, uh, well... what's wrong with them?

I don't think that's illegal... it'd be kind of shitty to sell, but, the 96 tape won't really be one to attract a lot of interest. Might mostly be us.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.