Is there a physical copy of Dead Sea Scrolls?
08-05-2015, 09:09 AM
RE: Is there a physical copy of Dead Sea Scrolls?
2009, holy shit.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2015, 03:16 PM
I don't know about you, but I for one, did not find my shit to be any more divine in 2009 than any other year in relative terms.
08-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Thanks for providing images of the inner sleeves. It helped fulfill a lot of my curiosity about the exact details behind many of the recordings.
08-08-2015, 07:39 AM
(08-06-2015 08:05 PM)ninjablooper Wrote:  Thanks for providing images of the inner sleeves. It helped fulfill a lot of my curiosity about the exact details behind many of the recordings.

The song notes are interesting.

The ones to track 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 15 are fairly self-explanatory.

2 - My Human Interactions says it's retroactively dedicated to Margo Lisk, who may or may not own a boutique in Los Angeles according to the Internet.

3 - Humility on Parade says "Civil War within Roxy Music." I don't know much about Roxy Music beyond Bryan Ferry foiling that hijacker and the songs covered by latter-day 10,000 Maniacs and then Thom Yorke for Velvet Goldmine, so this may refer to something in RM's history or maybe a parallel to HD.

6 - Mainland, "six songwriters, price of 10." I don't know that much about the backstory of this song other than that the members of Harvey Danger seem to really like it.

13 - Defrocked, "the closest we ever came." I know that Sean Nelson says in the liner notes that this is one of his favorites, but its not clear exactly what they came closest to.
08-08-2015, 10:10 AM
(08-08-2015 07:39 AM)James Wrote:  13 - Defrocked, "the closest we ever came." I know that Sean Nelson says in the liner notes that this is one of his favorites, but its not clear exactly what they came closest to.

Always assumed he meant perfection seeing as he thought it was some of their best.
08-08-2015, 04:29 PM
(08-08-2015 07:39 AM)James Wrote:  3 - Humility on Parade says "Civil War within Roxy Music." I don't know much about Roxy Music beyond Bryan Ferry foiling that hijacker and the songs covered by latter-day 10,000 Maniacs and then Thom Yorke for Velvet Goldmine, so this may refer to something in RM's history or maybe a parallel to HD.

He's said the same thing about "War Buddies," but with The Long Winters.

(08-08-2015 07:39 AM)James Wrote:  6 - Mainland, "six songwriters, price of 10." I don't know that much about the backstory of this song other than that the members of Harvey Danger seem to really like it.

I've never seen any indication they really like it, but I hope so. I know Michael hadn't even heard it as of August 2009.

Quote:13 - Defrocked, "the closest we ever came." I know that Sean Nelson says in the liner notes that this is one of his favorites, but its not clear exactly what they came closest to.

Greatness.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
08-08-2015, 06:00 PM
(08-08-2015 07:39 AM)James Wrote:  6 - Mainland, "six songwriters, price of 10." I don't know that much about the backstory of this song other than that the members of Harvey Danger seem to really like it.

Of course this is in reference to the fact that the song was written on tour when the full touring band was 1. Sean Nelson, 2. Aaron Huffman 3. Jeff Lin 4. Evan Sult 5. John Roderick & 6. Mike Squires. If you read Sean's story of Harvey Danger on the inside of the booklet he characterizes the writing process as so fraught with problems that it "broke up the band". So the six songwriters are the touring band and I'm guessing the "price of 10" is referencing how arduous the process had become.
08-18-2015, 01:10 PM
(08-06-2015 03:16 PM)diatribein Wrote:  I don't know about you, but I for one, did not find my shit to be any more divine in 2009 than any other year in relative terms.

I should've kept better records.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.