Is there a physical copy of Dead Sea Scrolls?
06-25-2015, 12:38 PM
Is there a physical copy of Dead Sea Scrolls?
I was just wondering because I was going to burn it onto a disc for myself and add the album art and didn't know if I'd have to make it all myself.

On the site it says this "A collection of B-sides, rarities, and live recordings sold exclusively on the band's final tour dates."

Thanks.Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2015, 08:45 PM
RE: Is there a physical copy of Dead Sea Scrolls?
I think there were 300 pressed.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
06-26-2015, 10:31 PM
Yeah, it was sold at their shows.

http://www.harveydanger.com/downloads/

Since you can grab it here, go ahead and burn it with no guilt - but you could always paypal them something for their troubles.

http://www.coke-babies.com
06-28-2015, 06:12 PM
(06-26-2015 10:31 PM)robb Wrote:  Yeah, it was sold at their shows.

http://www.harveydanger.com/downloads/

Since you can grab it here, go ahead and burn it with no guilt - but you could always paypal them something for their troubles.

Oh no I wasn't feeling guilty. I was asking because the physical copies of course had the album art to go with it. If I burn myself a copy, I won't get the art for the cd case. So I didn't know if there were any scans of it or if I would have to make it all up myself.
06-28-2015, 07:36 PM
The only reason I even opened my copy was that I later realized there were liner notes.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
07-01-2015, 04:45 PM
(06-28-2015 06:12 PM)2Gex Wrote:  So I didn't know if there were any scans of it or if I would have to make it all up myself.

The album art is in the ZIP file as "dss_cover.jpg". It's pretty high-res.

That's a lot of Sherman tanks!
07-01-2015, 06:26 PM
(07-01-2015 04:45 PM)lecanardnon Wrote:  
(06-28-2015 06:12 PM)2Gex Wrote:  So I didn't know if there were any scans of it or if I would have to make it all up myself.

The album art is in the ZIP file as "dss_cover.jpg". It's pretty high-res.

Oh, I knew that. I meant the rest of the art for the try in the jewel case or for the booklet if it came with one.
07-08-2015, 08:48 PM
There were only 300 of them? Shit I need to get mine out of my car and into storage.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
07-11-2015, 07:33 AM
IMO its worth having for the liner notes alone. they're half the fun, much like any REM compilation
07-23-2015, 10:02 AM
I can scan my copy. I'm a little busy right now. Give me a couple of days. Smile

Check out my girlfriend's awesome music @ http://roriekelly.bandcamp.com !
07-23-2015, 05:52 PM
(07-23-2015 10:02 AM)diatribein Wrote:  I can scan my copy. I'm a little busy right now. Give me a couple of days. Smile

Thanks a ton! I'll be lookin' forward to that!
07-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Okay... Here we go!

So I sized them to actual standard CD measurements in cm (No clue why Americans insist on using archaic measurements when the rest of the world has moved on to nice and precise units). The Inner sleeve (A side & B side) should measure 12 X 24 cm. The Tray sleeve should be 15.1 X 11.8 cm. I did not size the scan of the disc since it was a pain to get right due to its reflective surface. The silver bits have been nominally made white since it was impossible to scan as silver. You can easily turn it into a png and make the white areas transparent if you desire. If you cannot do this and really need a transparent png file, just let me know. The scans are high res jpgs.

07-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Music RE: Is there a physical copy of Dead Sea Scrolls?
Okay... Here we go!

So I sized them to actual standard CD measurements in cm (No clue why Americans insist on using archaic measurements when the rest of the world has moved on to nice and precise units). The Inner sleeve (A side & B side) should measure 12 X 24 cm. The Tray sleeve should be 15.1 X 11.8 cm. The back tray is one sided despite the fact that a see through cd tray was used. I did not size the scan of the disc since it was a pain to get right due to its reflective surface. The silver bits have been nominally made white since it was impossible to scan as silver. You can easily turn it into a png and make the white areas transparent if you desire. If you cannot do this and really need a transparent png file, just let me know. The scans are high res jpgs.

[Image: 19908644169_70679f7516_o.jpg]

Inner Sleeve A

[Image: 20100796151_f94314e181_o.jpg]

Inner Sleeve B

[Image: 19474371253_19f4f7df25_o.jpg]

Back Tray

[Image: 20095370755_272b2b3f53_o.jpg]

Disc

Sorry about the double post. I accidentally pressed "post reply" before I was ready. As an aside, I am really missing the ability to delete/edit one's own posts. Why was this changed? Do we feel like members of the board are so untrustworthy that they'll post all kinds of rude shit and then delete/change it? I personally think we should reinstate editor privileges for one's own posts.

07-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Sorry about the horizontal scroll, everyone! Oh, well. At least the pictures look nice!

07-28-2015, 07:01 PM
(07-28-2015 12:51 PM)diatribein Wrote:  Okay... Here we go!

So I sized them to actual standard CD measurements in cm (No clue why Americans insist on using archaic measurements when the rest of the world has moved on to nice and precise units). The Inner sleeve (A side & B side) should measure 12 X 24 cm. The Tray sleeve should be 15.1 X 11.8 cm. I did not size the scan of the disc since it was a pain to get right due to its reflective surface. The silver bits have been nominally made white since it was impossible to scan as silver. You can easily turn it into a png and make the white areas transparent if you desire. If you cannot do this and really need a transparent png file, just let me know. The scans are high res jpgs.

Thanks, these are great! Can't wait to print them out and use 'em!