Ltd Sean Nelson 7" on No Sleep Records (requires full 2014 vinyl sub)
11-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Ltd Sean Nelson 7" on No Sleep Records (requires full 2014 vinyl sub)
Not sure what the material is, but No Sleep Records appears to be pressing a 7" of something of Sean's sometime next year as part of their annual vinyl subscription bonanza:

Quote:Special Subscriber & Friends ONLY 7" Series featuring Sean Nelson of Harvey Danger, John Nolan of Taking Back Sunday, Matt Pryor of The Get Up Kids, and Geoff Rickly of Thursday (includes a box to hold all of the 7"'s)

https://store.nosleeprecords.com/vinylsubscription

It's $225 for the subscription, and the 7" is subscription only, so make good choices. In a nicer world, they'd also issue a Merrymakers LP (that'd be more or less in No Sleep's genre wheelhouse).

That's a lot of Sherman tanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Ltd Sean Nelson 7" on No Sleep Records (requires full 2014 vinyl sub)
there are so many awful things i would do to have merrymakers on vinyl. but, i tweeted sean, asking if the 7" would be stuff from make good choices, and he replied that there would be 2 (maybe 3) songs that would be 'definitely not album tracks!'
11-15-2013, 11:09 PM
uggggghhhh this is bullshit
11-15-2013, 11:11 PM
with any luck there will be some leftovers that they sell on the site or something. or maybe sean might get copies down the line. stupid collector bait.
11-21-2013, 06:16 AM
crazy inflated price, i am a member of the graveface records club, and that includes ten releases, most being full lengths (on all formats released, meaning if it was releases on cd and LP you get a copy of both as your one release) for half that price.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-22-2013, 03:22 PM
tempting... very tempting...

but i'd really only be getting it for sean's release. unless they put out a new Now, Now record next year.
11-24-2013, 07:49 PM
i'd buy the subscription if it got me all Mixtapes and Sean Nelson records
11-24-2013, 07:54 PM
I'd buy it if a 7" of "Wedlock" and "Holiday" were included, but that's pretty much the only way.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
11-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Honestly, this sucks! I don't have a job right now and it is one thing to scrape together $20-$30 to buy an album, but $225 for a 7" single?!?!? I don't like this business model at all. It is unfair. I understand that I would be getting 12 other albums and all sorts of goodies, but I just don't want any of those albums and really can't afford to be trying to sell them on ebay to get back the $225 I fronted. I am so disappointed. I hope there is another way to get this 7" and I hope that at the very least someone here is kind enough to share the tracks. I am all for paying artists for their work, and I would be happy to give Sean $20 for the 7", but there is no way for me to get $225 together for a bunch of albums I don't want when I am struggling to pay my bills.

*sigh*

If anyone get's the 7" please send me a pm with pictures of the sleeve and lossless copies of the songs. I only ask because there is no way I can get the money together. If I could afford it, I would, even though I think it is wrong.
11-30-2013, 12:58 PM
i gotta say, i could make a post EXACTLY like that. i've no job, no money, struggling, and i'm a HUGE fan of sean's. i'd gladly pay for anything he puts out, but i just can't make this one happen... and there's only a limited number available. what a bummer! good luck to everyone else.
12-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Let's just put it on a file-sharing program so that no one has to pay for it!
12-01-2013, 08:34 PM
well, it will end up there anyway
12-02-2013, 03:43 AM
Clearly, the price should be raised to $1,000,000, with the understanding the first buyer somehow is obligated to give it away to everybody.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
12-02-2013, 12:51 PM
It seems as if the general consensus is that no one is happy about this.

(12-02-2013 03:43 AM)johnnyfootballhero Wrote:  Clearly, the price should be raised to $1,000,000, with the understanding the first buyer somehow is obligated to give it away to everybody.

Too right, Johnny. Maybe it should be titled "Single for the 1%ers" to go along with its shiny million dollar price-tag.
03-27-2014, 07:23 AM
I'll be honest, I'm happy about this, because I bought the subscription. Additionally, if the (rumored) reissue of Merrymakers is out on No Sleep I'll get a special version of that as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user