mp3 artwork
09-12-2013, 12:34 PM
mp3 artwork
Recently I have uploaded for a few people here some older mp3 demos. For the most part they were encoded years ago before I became to be more adept at getting the most out of the format. As I have been doing with all of my collection that is in mp3 form, I have created artwork for the various Sean Nelson songs that are available. Rather than just keep them for my files, I thought that a few people here might want to use it for their own use. I expect that everyone knows how to add artwork to their files, but if you are having any problems just ask. All the files are either 600X600 or 560X560. There really is no need for anything bigger when it comes to photos designed for mp3 files.

Nelson Sings Nilsson

[Image: 9731048521_c5dbae162b_o.jpg]

This one is my favourite. It is a clone of the Nilsson Sings Newman album cover, but if you look closely you will see that I moved Harry from the front seat to the back and placed Sean in the driver's seat. I also changed the title in a similar font (it was impossible to find the exact font, but this one is damn close).

Society of the Golden West

[Image: 9731048609_84d2f10d0b_o.jpg]

This one is my least favourite. Unfortunately all of the pictures that were originally on the Society of the Golden West myspace page are gone and the computer where I had them saved is no more. This photo is the last remaining relic of that time and I had to scan it from an old printed sleeve. Either way, this cowboy robot is the image I most associate with the project, so I feel it is apt. I know Sean still has Paul Lynde on the page, but as much as I thought the man was a laugh-riot on Hollywood Squares, he just doesn't scream Society of the Golden West to me.

Ceci n'est pas une tour ep

[Image: 9731048393_42115fe155_o.jpg]

I was surprised I didn't find this anywhere on the interwebs. Well... here it is now.

Not Good Choices (demos & outtakes)

[Image: 9731048567_1affdac0a9_o.jpg]

This one felt obvious to me! All credit to rorie kelly on this one for the alterations to the album cover.

Sounds Major

[Image: 9731048649_f81ece761d_o.jpg]

This is pretty much the most famous promo picture associated with Sounds Major. I changed it a little from the one on the facebook page to add the band name as well as Sean & Kyle.

Jaunty Demos

[Image: 9731048465_fc5db6bce4_o.jpg]

I have some assorted demos from Sean that are post the known projects and pre Sounds Major. In my files I have those listed as "Jaunty Demos", because let's face it, who is more jaunty than Sean? Clearly, the man is in full jaunty mode in this picture!

Anyway, I hope these find some use outside my personal collection. Don't be shy to say something on this thread if you like them. If you hate them, I guess you should voice your anger as well. We don't want that getting all pent up inside now, do we?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: mp3 artwork
Please ignore the other version of this post.
09-12-2013, 05:11 PM
i'd love to get my hands on a flac of Ceci N'est Pas Une. does anyone on here actually own it?
09-12-2013, 05:14 PM
awesome artwork, btw. thanks for sharing!
09-12-2013, 05:45 PM
(09-12-2013 05:11 PM)RunningMonk Wrote:  i'd love to get my hands on a flac of Ceci N'est Pas Une. does anyone on here actually own it?

I own it, but do not have a program capable of encoding flac files. I can make waves...
09-13-2013, 09:03 AM
wavs would work.
09-18-2013, 06:56 AM
A couple of things about ripping waves from Ceci n'est pas une tour ep:

First point: From the sound of the CD, I am almost 100% certain that Sean burned Ceci n'est pas une tour ep directly from mp3 sources on his home computer. The quality of The Beat Goes On, for example, shows zero difference from the 160k mp3 that was originally uploaded to seannelson.net. The same goes for the tracks that were originally available on myspace. So to do a wav file rip would be a little pointless. The CD itself is a blue CDr.

Second point: I have no issues sharing material that is not available otherwise. I'm not sure about sharing physical releases... although looking around ebay and other places, I don't actually see Ceci n'est pas une tour ep on offer anywhere. I'll have to think about the morality on that one and get back to you. If anyone here wants to weigh in, please feel free.

Knowing my first point, would you still be interested in wav files? Also, possibly the version of Nero I have may encode flac files. I've never tried it, but it certainly can play them and change them into waves, which I find more useful.
09-18-2013, 08:10 AM
wavs would be just fine. their may not seem to be much difference in sound quality, but it's at least as little transcoding as possible (something, it seems, sean could stand to learn a thing or two about). just trying to get the tracks at the literal highest quality possible.
09-18-2013, 08:12 AM
if you wanted to check out if sean used lossy sources, maybe check out a spectral analysis of a song or two.

http://hasitleaked.com/discussion/topic/...transcode/
09-18-2013, 09:44 PM
(09-18-2013 06:56 AM)diatribein Wrote:  First point: From the sound of the CD, I am almost 100% certain that Sean burned Ceci n'est pas une tour ep directly from mp3 sources on his home computer. The quality of The Beat Goes On, for example, shows zero difference from the 160k mp3 that was originally uploaded to seannelson.net. The same goes for the tracks that were originally available on myspace. So to do a wav file rip would be a little pointless. The CD itself is a blue CDr.

This reminds me of the insistence on a lossless transfer of the self-titled cassette tape. I find it interesting the material from that included by Sean on the USB came from the files posted by the second fan to buy a copy.

(09-18-2013 06:56 AM)diatribein Wrote:  Second point: I have no issues sharing material that is not available otherwise. I'm not sure about sharing physical releases... although looking around ebay and other places, I don't actually see Ceci n'est pas une tour ep on offer anywhere.

I know of only one other person to buy a copy. It was not available at the first show on that tour, nor available ever again after that tour. I believe only one of the ten tracks is otherwise unavailable, though.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
09-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Alright, considering Johnny's comments I will encode the songs off the ep with some kind of lossless transfer when I have some time. I'll send you a pm, RunningMonk, when they are up. Do you need a copy too, Johnny? I got my CD at the show in Montreal and felt pretty lucky that Sean had anything for sale. Thanks for the reply.
09-20-2013, 07:57 PM
As someone who likes to trick out all his iTunes albums with artwork, I heartily appreciate this contribution. The Nelson Sings Nilsson cover does, indeed, look awesome, and the Ceci bla bla artwork is much appreciated as well.
09-24-2013, 04:30 PM
these are great, thanks for sharing!
09-25-2013, 06:02 PM
You are welcome, my friends. Yes, pretty mp3s are where it is at!
08-26-2017, 06:30 PM
So, few questions here (it took long enough to find this thread--ha ha). Almost all the tracks on Ceci n'est pas une tour ep are on the world-famous USB, except "This Wheel's on Fire". Could someone please DM me an mp3 of it?
Also, what exactly are the tracks on the other albums? (I found a few Society of the Golden West tracks on said USB, but I know out there somewhere there's more- I think.)
So, if someone out there could steer me in the right direction as to where to find these lost gems, that would be much appreciated.