Tribute album
04-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Tribute album
I haven't been on here in a year or so, so I don't remember my old name or password.
Anyway, I suggested this idea a couple years ago and it didn't really take off. Harvey Danger has been instrumental in the forming of my music taste, and I think they deserve a tribute album, if not from real musicians, then from us fans.
When I suggested this (I think it was in 2003), a couple people emailed me and said they would like to contribute tracks, but I think there were 4 of us in all so I kind of lost faith. This time, I really want to make it happen and I don't care if it only has 4 tracks on it.
So, if you're interested in recording a track for a Harvey Danger tribute album, I would like to offer my services as the guy who compiles all the tracks. Everyone can email them to me and I could make CDs and send them out to whoever wants one. Or, we could email the tracks to someone who knows more about computers and that person could put the tracks up on a website. Or someone else could run this entire project. I just want it to happen.
If you're interested, post below what song you want to do. No repeats! There are plenty of good songs from which to choose. Actually, I wonder how we could handle two people wanting to do the same song. One of the versions is probably better than the other...There are too many things to think about.
Post your song choice.
I choose either "Why I'm Lonely" or "Radio Silence." If someone wants to do one of these, I'll do the other.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2007, 09:04 AM

if this comes to fruitition, make sure Alexander's awesome cover of "Wrecking Ball" is on there.
04-26-2007, 09:27 AM

I'm pretty sure the cap'n did "Pike St./Park Slope", so maybe that would be useful. I suspect it's around these parts somewhere.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2007, 11:39 AM

If anyone has an instrumental cover they want vocals added to, then, um, please can I do it?

*searches for microphone*
04-26-2007, 11:48 AM

YES! great idea! count me IN

i used to be in a band called "hovercraft to paris." although we didnt cover any hd songs, you can listen to some songs here:

http://www.seansanta.com and click on music.

im not sure what track i want but what a great project, im very excited\

welcome back to the forum Dr. Nuubensteinerbachenheim

L,

Sean

Even Paul Newman shriveled up into an old man and turned to dust
04-26-2007, 01:01 PM

i've got a weird version of Wolly Muffler laying around someplace...
04-26-2007, 02:20 PM

My band has a pretty awesome Radiohead 3 guitar sweep of Carlotta Valdez.

Gun don't kill babies, babies kill babies.
04-26-2007, 02:21 PM

KidintheCarpetStore Wrote:I'm pretty sure the cap'n did "Pike St./Park Slope", so maybe that would be useful. I suspect it's around these parts somewhere.
Not to mention, no one is going to top that, of that.
04-26-2007, 05:33 PM

BILL GATES, BUY ME A BAND, DAMMIT!!!

If anyone in the NY/NJ/CT/PA areas want to do this legit,
I'd volunteer to sing, and play minor keyboards (chord fills and stuff, nothing complicated)
for anything off of WHATMG...
OR
I can record myself singing "Flagpole", off of the Sound Choice karaoke disc,
which would be just as good, if not better than some of the songs that were put on the Duran Duran tribute album...
OR
A fan tribute song???
We all vote on one song, then break down the lines for each board member to sing, then get it put back together...

'Cause I get...Oh,
[Image: 5182420330_6ab566d70a_m.jpg]
Carlotta Valdez, Carlotta Valdez, Carlotta Valdez, I will make you her...
04-26-2007, 10:50 PM

Carlotta Valdes Wrote:We all vote on one song, then break down the lines for each board member to sing, then get it put back together...

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII tend to forget when I drink!

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
04-27-2007, 02:52 AM

I'd like to team with some folks and try a duet version of "Radio Silence" that I've been dreaming up. I'd need another vocalist (preferably female), piano or keyboards, and bass (I'd do it, but I stink). Hopefully a guitarist friend of mine could work on it with us. Anybody in the NY area wanna bite?
04-27-2007, 01:03 PM

That looks like 6 tracks from people who play and 53 possible tracks from people who can't play. So, all together, here's what I'm seeing:

Wrecking Ball (by Alexander)
Pike St/Park Slope (by cap'n)
Wooly Muffler (by innerturmoil)
Carlotta Valdez (by LoserWire)
Unchosen track (by Sean)
Why I'm Lonely/Radio Silence (by me)

*Karaoke version of Flagpole Sitta (by Carlotta Valdes). [I am so down for this being a track.]
*Radio Silence (by Prophet)

*=not definite

If you don't play, but you sing, you have to have a friend who plays who would be willing to collaborate with you and help put together a cover. Or you could do an a capella version of a song.
4 from WHATMMG
2 from KJV
0 from LBL
LET'S GET IT ON.
04-27-2007, 01:06 PM

Hmm. A capella is tempting.

*still trying to find microphone*
04-27-2007, 04:27 PM

I'll put in for The Same As Being In Love. Finding the equipment to record everything will be good practice for Los Naked Mariachis.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
04-27-2007, 04:29 PM

My pos band can maybe do a cover of the same as being in love, or maybe even mainland (though I'm feel kinda in the dark about some lyrics) we've been looking for a song to cover... I give a deffinate tomorrow...