Ghost Rider-Anybody???
02-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Ghost Rider-Anybody???
I'm going this afternoon...
I'm not expecting much, since the wannabe modern day Elvis is playing GR,
and I only know what I know about the character, through what I read in the Amalgam series...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2007, 11:27 PM

Anyone who willingly sees Ghost Rider gets what they deserve.
02-17-2007, 11:37 PM

Prophet Wrote:Anyone who willingly sees Ghost Rider gets what they deserve.

Says the Philadelphia Lawyer, who is sans kids...
Who said willingly???
02-18-2007, 01:07 AM

I saw it. For me it ranks somewhere between Blade 2 and Blade 3; somewhere between competent acting and good action sequences to embarassingly bad dialogue.

That is to say I liked it for what I went for. I think I'm one of the ten people left on Earth who likes Nicolas Cage. Weather Man anyone? Lord of War? Matchstick Men, Adaptation? He's got an awful reputation for some reason.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
02-18-2007, 10:12 AM

Bringing Out The Dead?!??!?!

Disembodied ringlets from hair that looks like Carrie Underwood's.
02-18-2007, 01:14 PM

Nicolas Cage appears in two types of movies: Weird but good movies, Totally Shite movies.
02-18-2007, 01:21 PM

rich, i love you like a father but you couldnt drag me to see a stinker like 'ghost rider.'

Even Paul Newman shriveled up into an old man and turned to dust
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-18-2007, 03:04 PM

Heard it was bad, but hopefully, will go myself to get a better opinion. Who knows, I might like it a bit.

[Image: misterfunnyman.png]
02-18-2007, 03:30 PM

Myrrth Sicopath Wrote:That is to say I liked it for what I went for. I think I'm one of the ten people left on Earth who likes Nicolas Cage. Weather Man anyone? Lord of War? Matchstick Men, Adaptation? He's got an awful reputation for some reason.
Because he's a good actor with a limited range, but he doesn't yet seem to understand where that range is. Or for that matter, he doesn't know what a good movie is.

Basically he's terrible when he takes himself seriously. He sticks himself in action movies and thinks he's going to be a badass, when in fact he's a schmuck. He is the schmuck of the world, I'd go so far as to say. And that's his strength. He works when he's playing the hapless dork. Raising Arizona, Matchstick Men, Weather Man, and I'll go ahead and say it - Honeymoon In Vegas, which I think was more thoughtful and watchable than Leaving Las Vegas. When he's the sap, he's in his element.

It's when he thinks he's going to get an Oscar that you're in trouble. Leaving Las Vegas being the very first example - he's a schmuck in that movie, but besides the crap directing and the plodding script, you just have him throwing on so many tics and contrived nuances that he thinks will put him alongside Dustin Hoffman, but mostly it's just unbearable.

Even better example - Captain Corelli's Mandolin. I cannot stress enough what an awful fucking movie this was. He puts on a phony Roberto Benigni impression and carries on like a moron for the whole overlong ordeal. It is amazingly embarrassing. And they let him get away with it. Because this fucking nut clearly sees the real Benigni win the oscar the previous year thanks to hammy overacting, and thinks, "SHIT I am gonna do that same FUCKING act and the academy is going to FUCKING SHIT themselves and I will be all YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS." Because that's how I imagine Nicholas Cage thinks.
02-18-2007, 05:20 PM

I agree with everything you said. I'm not sure what makes him so damn watchable, but I love the guy whenever I see him. It doesn't matter if he's doing an awful job; I don't really consider him a great actor, because I'm thinking the whole time 'I wonder what will happen next to Nicolas Cage' rather than the character he's portraying, but I'll watch him in just about anything.... I say 'just about', because I will never, ever watch Captain Correlli's Mandolin.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
02-19-2007, 01:29 PM

i'm actually feeling bad for nick cage. i liked lord of war and own a copy of it. but you have to admit that con air was pretty good. you have to. say you do. you know you liked it.
ok it was shitty too but there were a few good parts. mostly buscemi and malkovich

i can't read my writing
02-19-2007, 02:28 PM

So... Did you actually see the movie, Prophet? Just wondering...

[Image: misterfunnyman.png]
02-19-2007, 03:33 PM

I saw it, and if it wasn't for the effects, it was terribly miscast...
Peter Fonda was a bigger disappointment then Cage was...
Why???
Because I EXPECTED Cage to suck...
He did "Elvis Hand" throughout the whole flick...

They should've cast Fonda, as Carter Slade,
and stunt rider, Carey Hart as Blaze, his acting couldn't have been any worse...
(Yes, the 2 boys freaked)
Then, let Sam Elliot be the devil...
Mendes was hot, way too hot for Nick...

I also noticed that the "earth-shattering landing" is now the Marvel movie signature move...

Being that I was once a fan of The Outlaws, I like the G.R.I.T.S. scene...
"Pennance Stare" was a cool effect too...

4 out of 10

PS- Choda, I liked Con-Air, and The Rock, but I hate admitting it...

'Cause I get...Oh,
[Image: 5182420330_6ab566d70a_m.jpg]
Carlotta Valdez, Carlotta Valdez, Carlotta Valdez, I will make you her...
02-20-2007, 02:46 AM

Sage Djävul Wrote:So... Did you actually see the movie, Prophet? Just wondering...
No, of course not. But then I'm not really weighing in with a proper opinion on the quality of the movie itself.

What I'm saying is that when a person makes a conscious decision to see a movie called Ghost Rider, a production adapting the dull second-tier Marvel Comics property of the same name, they should expect an obvious conclusion based on their own predetermined aesthetic principles.
02-20-2007, 03:59 PM

What does 2nd tier have to do with anything???
The Crow
Blade
Constantine
Sin City
Road To Perdition
Hellboy
TANK GIRL Big Grin

These movies were 2nd tier, or lower, by most comic book standards...
By the way, what are you basing your standards on???
Magazine sales, merch sales, name recognition, Comicbookresources.com???
Ghost Rider failed in my eyes, but don't bash it, based on the # of issues it sold, compared to Spiderman....

'Cause I get...Oh,
[Image: 5182420330_6ab566d70a_m.jpg]
Carlotta Valdez, Carlotta Valdez, Carlotta Valdez, I will make you her...