The New Seattle Music Scene
02-24-2007, 12:24 AM
The New Seattle Music Scene
I tried to find the thread for this and finally figured there was none here. In any case, I ordered this January 13, and it arrived today. I heard "Flagpole Sitta" Alternate mix for the first time ten minutes ago, and it certainly is interesting to compare: not a lot of difference except toward the end, and not enough for the average bear to wait six weeks just to see.

It sounds so stereotypically like 1997 in my apartment right now. Heh.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2007, 11:11 AM

Would you mind uploading it for the board Johnny, please?
02-24-2007, 11:38 AM

Is it the one censored with the cartoon version?!?? Tongue

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
02-25-2007, 10:49 PM

I BOUGHT THAT CD AGES AGO, CHECK OUT SODA JERK, THEY ARE MY FRIENDS AND THEY USEDTO OPEN UPFOR SUPER DELUXE. I HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH THEM, I GOT TO HANG WITH JEFF AND CHRIS LOCKWOOD AT SHARIS IN BREMERTON WE WERE GONNA GET A HOTEL AND PARTY, ok, im glad u got that cd, sodajerk.net their entire cd is free download. soda jerk, oh soda jerk, how i love thee.
02-26-2007, 11:53 AM

It's actually http://www.sodajerkcountry.com/

And none of the CDs are availbe for free in their entirity.

My work here is done!
02-26-2007, 08:46 PM

thats another soda jerk. http://www.sodajerk.net look for songs like "sci-fi friend" or "so long" this outfit has mark ashbaugh, jeff waibel, steve lang and rick knapp. they are typical seattle power pop. seeing soda jerk was the best time of my life. they are a very nice band, ull love their stuff.
02-27-2007, 11:51 AM

But the page you are linking to doesn't exist! It isn't there! There is no such page!

(And I quite like the country-rock Soda Jerk. But still. I'd love to hear this other one if their website existed!)
02-28-2007, 04:52 AM

diatribein Wrote:Would you mind uploading it for the board Johnny, please?
I am not ignoring this; I just have to figure out how to do it.

I also would feel a lot better about it if I had permission, or forbiddance, from someone on the recording.
02-28-2007, 05:03 AM

Agent Zero Wrote:But the page you are linking to doesn't exist! It isn't there! There is no such page!
sodajerk.net was online eight years but is, alas, no more.

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
03-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Soda Jerk?!?!
Can anyone tell me where I could find a soda jerk CD? They were one of my first concerts I went to! (Well they were opening for Super Deluxe but I fell in love with their music) I bought their CD at the concert and would listen to it all of the time. but about 6 years ago my car got broken into and all my CD's were stolen. That was the last time I ever heard it :cry: I would love to get a copy of it again. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great! Big Grin

Thanks,
Jessica
07-23-2007, 11:28 PM

diatribein Wrote:Would you mind uploading it for the board Johnny, please?
An open question to the band, five months later: would there be any objection if I were to do this?

We can talk about it later
But there's no later
Is there?
07-24-2007, 03:16 PM

I forget what's different about this mix... Probably not too much, seeing as we didn't add anything to the final album mix. Maybe it just doesn't sound quite as good.
07-24-2007, 08:34 PM

Only those on this board would notice the difference.
09-17-2010, 05:19 PM

I never knew about this:

"the harvey danger single [flagpole sitta] is an example of where i've seen it go through the meat grinder. they kept trying to remix the single over and over again, three different guys. guy a turned the chaos way down to make it more palatable. guy b made another mix that was too boring or too stock. and i tried to beat it. and the mix we did really quick on the day that we tracked the song is the one that's on the album and the video and the radio. they tried like hell to make a better one but, you know, you catch that moment."
09-17-2010, 07:41 PM

Ah, the brown-boards... *sigh*

I still say Mike Corleone was the villain, in "The Godafather" series...

PS- Was Sean "Peter Quilpe"???
If so, is there still video evidence of you singing the National Anthem, at a Sonics game???

[Image: bioheader.gif]
"One, two, three, four"- HDanger

Flagpole Sitta
Ballad of the Tragic Hero
Terminal Annex (4 excluded)