http://www.myspace.com/therealvernacular

2 songs here:
http://www.myspace.com/nelsonsingsnilsson

2 songs here:
http://www.myspace.com/seannelsonandhismortalenemies

1 song here:
http://www.myspace.com/societyofthegoldenwest

enjoy, if you care to enjoy things."

I have not even listened yet, I am about to. I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED IT HURTS.

edit 1: Uuugh, MySpace is refusing to play anything other than the first 30 seconds or so of the new Vernacular song which was awesome.

Buffer THIS, MySpace!

edit 2: Ooooh. Wow. The first of the new Mortal Enemies songs is amazing. I would absolutley buy that record. Now if only the second one would play

edit 3: The chorus of the new Society of the Golden West one is delicious. It ROCKS, in fact. Holy CRAP it has a spoken bridge! AWESOME.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2006, 04:10 PM

I never noticed it before, but the picture that goes with Nilsson's "Turn On Your Radio" is from Miller's Crossing.
12-19-2006, 07:22 PM

I can't listen to them right now Sad. Lyrics anyone?

Gotta get up, gotta get out, gotta get home before the morning comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-20-2006, 04:43 PM

God damn, I say, "God damn." There aren't any plans to put out a record on any of these projects, are there? There should be. The fact that these songs are only available through MySpace is almost criminal.

If I had conjured this as a fiction
I would be scared I'd gone too far
12-20-2006, 05:31 PM

Now I miss "I'll Be the One". :cry:

My LBL bonus disc is Ethiopian.
[Image: Savetheday.gif]
12-20-2006, 07:17 PM

BiggerProblems Wrote:Now I miss "I'll Be the One". :cry:

I would, but what we have in it's place TOTALLY makes up for it.

Man, this new Vernacular. It's like FUNK Cab for Harvey or something. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.
12-21-2006, 01:10 PM

Mire Il'ra Wrote:God damn, I say, "God damn." There aren't any plans to put out a record on any of these projects, are there? There should be. The fact that these songs are only available through MySpace is almost criminal.
From what I can tell Nelson sings Nilsson is basically done; not sure on The Vernecular; Mortal Enemies should be done in the next year; and we can only hope with SotGW

I think, therfore I am a communist
12-21-2006, 01:30 PM

The question is whether anyone's going to release them.

I thought Sean was a partner at Barsuk Records, shouldn't that get him a little pull on getting his Nilsson album pressed there? Or is it just being held off because of the legal/royalty jive involved with doing a whole collection of cover songs?
12-21-2006, 01:45 PM

phragit Wrote:From what I can tell Nelson sings Nilsson is basically done; not sure on The Vernecular; Mortal Enemies should be done in the next year; and we can only hope with SotGW
"Exile on Baker Street" was my favorite new* song this year. Say, is it not about time for a top ten from everybody?
12-23-2006, 05:17 AM

johnnyfootballhero Wrote:
phragit Wrote:From what I can tell Nelson sings Nilsson is basically done; not sure on The Vernecular; Mortal Enemies should be done in the next year; and we can only hope with SotGW
"Exile on Baker Street" was my favorite new* song this year. Say, is it not about time for a top ten from everybody?
Didn't Sean post Exile on Baker Street last year?; either way how could anybody not love Exile on Baker Street?

I think, therfore I am a communist
12-23-2006, 11:28 AM

johnnyfootballhero Wrote:*
12-26-2006, 06:42 PM

First of all, thank you greatly, Agent Zero, for posting this and keeping us up to date!

Now...
Did I miss something? What's the new Society of the Golden West song?
All I see is:

1. The Beat Goes On 2006*
2. Exile on Baker Street
3. Old Boy
4. Powers of Suggestion

What was added? I have all of these songs. Was one of them not up before? I'm confused. I hope I didn't miss a song. Society of the Golden West is my favourite side project.

*- Has anyone else noticed that the year keeps changing? When I first downloaded the mp4 off of Sean's site it was called "The Beat Goes On 2004". Later on when it resurfaced on myspace it was titled "The Beat Goes On 2005". Now to further confuse the matter it is now titled "The Beat Goes On 2006". I have yet to notice any discernable difference between the three subsequent titles. Will it be changed "The Beat Goes On 2007" sometime next week?

edit: Okay I re-listened to it... and it is slightly different. i.e.- More breaks & stuff. But I don't know if it was deserving of a title change over that. It seems like just a bit of a remix rather than a rerecording.
12-29-2006, 06:17 AM

diatribein Wrote:First of all, thank you greatly, Agent Zero, for posting this and keeping us up to date!

Just doin' mah job.
12-29-2006, 03:04 PM

What was the new Society of the Golden West song that was added, Agent 0? Has it been removed already?
12-29-2006, 04:31 PM

I thought that Old Boy was new? I certainly have not heard it before. ¬_¬