"I always wish you'd behave more discreetly."
10-25-2006, 10:25 AM
"I always wish you'd behave more discreetly."
Okay. So, tomorrow, I'm going to see Bound Stems.

I bought their EP the other day and I'm making a legitimate, concerted effort to learn the songs and words, so I'm not going into this as a total "omg i luved ur old band" kind of kid.

1) Would it be tacky to show up in a Harvey Danger tee-shirt?
2) Would it be tacky to ask Evan to sign my copy of KJV, so long as I ask him to sign my Bound Stems CD too?
3) But I'm definitely not allowed to do both, right?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2006, 12:54 PM

Ooh have fun at that.

Myself, I would go with a no on both options, but the tshirt is surely the lesser of the two evils. So you could wear the hd tshirt and get your bound stems cd signed.

Stories of rags to riches leave me in stitches...
Find all posts by this user
10-25-2006, 01:17 PM

the only reason you even know who the fuck the bound stems are if youre not from chicago is because of harvey danger. if evan cant realize that, or takes offense to it, then fuck him. i say do both

Even Paul Newman shriveled up into an old man and turned to dust
10-25-2006, 01:29 PM

!important

Having a copy of KJV signed is well worth an awkward social situation, just don't wear an HD t-shit, as to minimize the damage.

I think, therfore I am a communist
10-25-2006, 01:45 PM

It's not like he left the band on bad terms, they all still get along really well, it seems, and he posts here from time to time. I really doubt he'd take offense to you liking something he was responsible for.

My LBL bonus disc is Ethiopian.
[Image: Savetheday.gif]
10-25-2006, 02:16 PM

I answered this elsewhere, but there's more of a dialogue here, so I'll jump in again.

It's not as much offensive as it is tacky. One or the other is fine, but I think getting Evan to sign your CD will send the message "Hey, I dig your old band," well enough. Wearing the shirt on top of that becomes overkill and will just make you look like a giant dork. But, hey, it's up to you whether or not you care if you look like a giant dork. Some people are proud of that sort of thing.
10-25-2006, 06:32 PM

I really don't think he'll care either way. I say do both if it's what you want.
10-25-2006, 07:32 PM

I'm a big proponent of the Droz Theory of T-Shirts - that it is unacceptable to, at a show, wear the shirt of the band you're going to see. I'm going to add on The Kid's Corollary here - don't wear the shirt of any of the current members' previous bands, either. As Droz said, "Don't be that guy." Or girl, as it were.

I think asking him to sign both albums, on the other hand, is perfectly acceptable.
10-26-2006, 06:35 AM

I don't think someone would mind you praising their earlier work. Just don't ask him to sign a copy of Little by Little...
10-26-2006, 08:05 AM

GimpyJoe Wrote:Just don't ask him to sign a copy of Little by Little...
*snort* If only I were the idiot-comic-relief in a sitcom... Damn my own grounding in reality!
10-26-2006, 10:23 AM

It's what Larry David would do!
10-26-2006, 11:00 AM

GimpyJoe Wrote:I don't think someone would mind you praising their earlier work. Just don't ask him to sign a copy of Little by Little...

well, he did play on my favourite song on the first released edition: moral centralia demo

L,

Sean

Even Paul Newman shriveled up into an old man and turned to dust
10-26-2006, 12:44 PM

GimpyJoe Wrote:I don't think someone would mind you praising their earlier work. Just don't ask him to sign a copy of Little by Little...
ooooooooohhhhh, that would be perfect

I think, therfore I am a communist
10-26-2006, 03:32 PM

Alright. I'm off to the show. My shirt has pictures of mixed drinks, not a Harvey Danger logo, and my copy of KJV is back-to-back with my copy of The Logic of Building the Body Plan. Am I seriously the only one on this board going to this show? Alrighty, wave at me if you see me. :-)
10-26-2006, 04:05 PM

Scottique Wrote:Am I seriously the only one on this board going to this show? Alrighty, wave at me if you see me. :-)
Is anyone else on this board even within two hours of Atlanta?