Can I steal your awesome costume? Past or present.
10-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Can I steal your awesome costume? Past or present.
So Halloween is fast approaching (the parties are only a week away...), and I'm at a complete loss for a costume. The rules are pretty simple:

*Not to go all NYT editorial on y'all, but I don't want variations on "sexy referree," "sexy vampire," "sexy serial killer," etc, etc. I have no problem with a sexy costume, but I don't want slutty. And the outfit's not really what makes it sexy anyway (that's all me ;)

*It must be something I can make. The idea of a prebought costume just doesn't sit well with me. And I like the occasional craft project. I can sew (but nothing too elaborate, it's all by hand), glue things together and have a wide array of home-repair/woodworking skills that could be put to good use (however drawing/painting anything elaborate is probably out of the question).

*I like something a little original or otherwise out of the ordinary. My first ever costume was "paper sac woman" (aka my parents cutting eye/mouth/arm holes in a big paper shopping bag and putting it over my head when I was 2). Last year I was Marge Simpson...not all that original, except the hair was all mine (all 2 vertical feet of it!). I chopped the hair off now, so I think Cousin Itt is out of the question this year...

I think that's it...suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2006, 07:30 PM

You can never go wrong with being a zombie, and especially if you have lots of friends who can do that with you, otherwise just one zombie isn't really that scary. . . Sorry it's not very original, but it's good when you can't come up with anything else, and a mob of zombies is something to be reckoned with.

. . .Sexy zombie?

Never let pain stop you from doing something you want. . . Never let pride stop you from doing something you should.
10-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Re: Can I steal your awesome costume? Past or present.
If I can find something to do for Halloween, I'm going as Jeffrey Sebelia, who just won Project Runway. Eyeliner tattoos, a bobby-pin fauxhawk, some giant sunglasses and I'm set. I guess this will only work if you watch Project Runway. And, um, if you're a blonde (and I believe you are) then you'd probably be better off going with Uli or something.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-20-2006, 07:45 PM

Before everyone found the site you can get Legends of the Hidden Temple t-shirts from, a friend and I went as the Red Jaguars.
10-20-2006, 09:15 PM

frankly I'd be all over the old Nick Arcade/ Get the Picture red/ yellow team tees.

[Image: bwp4.gif]
10-20-2006, 10:43 PM

I went as Buddy Christ for my most fun Halloween ever. I went out and bought a cheap red paper tablecloth and cut it into a sash and wrapped it around a bedsheet. My hair was the right length for it, though.

Recently I've been wanting to figure out how to go as really weird shit, like a sandwich or a light bulb. Or paint myself and go as a color. If you have enough time I bet you could find enough costume parts to make yourself up to be the Queen of Clubs (or Hearts, Spades, Diamonds), and make a couple of cardboard cutouts of your suit and tape them to a dowel rod or sheet of white posterboard across your back.

Otherwise, Sexy Legends of the Hidden Temple player.

CAUTION: Over the weekend, a short psychic escaped from police custody.
He is to be considered a small medium at large.
10-21-2006, 12:34 AM

make yourself a life size building out of cardboard that you can wear, then tape a straightened coathanger from your chest with a model airplane on the other end.

itll be a hit, trust me

Even Paul Newman shriveled up into an old man and turned to dust
10-21-2006, 12:53 AM

I know someone going as Pyramid Head (the Silent Hill 2 version; not the steroid-popping one in the movie), but that'll be a lot of hard work. x__x

[Image: misterfunnyman.png]
10-21-2006, 07:15 AM

BladeRunner Wrote:frankly I'd be all over the old Nick Arcade/ Get the Picture red/ yellow team tees.

Heh, wouldn't that be funny to go as a kid from Nick Arcade? You could act like you're one of the morons in front of the green screen who has no clue how to dodge the damn coconuts.
10-21-2006, 09:37 AM

I'm going to be a jellyfish, and you should too.

Get a clear plastic umbrella and some bubble wrap and tulle. Cut the bubble wrap and tulle into looong strips and hang them from the umbrella. Wear something shimmery whitish or a pastel. Easy and original and cheap, and you'll be the only jellyfish there!
10-21-2006, 12:26 PM

Speaking of Nick, how's about inside out boy?

Never let pain stop you from doing something you want. . . Never let pride stop you from doing something you should.
10-21-2006, 03:51 PM

I've never been a halloween person [my greatest costume is the Star Trek TOS commander uniform I wear on a regular basis].........I celebrate talk like a pirate day. Despite this I can safely say: Chuck Norris would be, hands down, the greatest costume ever!!!!

I think, therfore I am a communist
10-22-2006, 05:09 PM

Sexy Bag Lady.

Or Sexy Potato, but that cosume requires a lot more work and personal hygiene.

Love Potato
10-22-2006, 06:19 PM

KidintheCarpetStore Wrote:Heh, wouldn't that be funny to go as a kid from Nick Arcade? You could act like you're one of the morons in front of the green screen who has no clue how to dodge the damn coconuts.

for me, it was all the totally awesome prizes, like the crappy plastic camera, or the basketball hoop!

[Image: bwp4.gif]
10-22-2006, 07:14 PM

Don't forget the mandatory pair of L.A. Lights that were given away on just about every kids game show during that era.